Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not an uncommon genetic variation.
About 1 in a thousand, so technically defined as uncommon, but you know what I mean - there's a lot of people in the world!

Having bigger lungs or more muscular thighs or webbed feet are an advantage in some things too. Everyone at the Olympics is genetically gifted
So what about in the future when someone adds something to their body to help them, post birth, do we think that will be allowed?

So what about in the future when someone adds something to their body to help them, post birth, do we think that will be allowed?
Yeah, it's a decision to be made. Personally, I'd be against it, but where an actual line is drawn might be debatable - not a lot in biology is binary. Some people already wear glasses to correct their vision, or orthodics to correct their feet, or have artificial ligaments put in in a knee replacement.

Yeah, it's a decision to be made. Personally, I'd be against it, but where an actual line is drawn might be debatable - not a lot in biology is binary. Some people already wear glasses to correct their vision, or orthodics to correct their feet, or have artificial ligaments put in in a knee replacement.
So you have the whole debate about enhancement vs treating an existing condition. Remember that Lance Armatrong was legally able to take testosterone after his cancer treatment

So you have the whole debate about enhancement vs treating an existing condition. Remember that Lance Armatrong was legally able to take testosterone after his cancer treatment
But like pain killers in footy, allowing you to perform to your maximum or performance enhancing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're on a desktop PC you can just open up multiple 9now tabs and watch as many sports at the same time as you want
Actually our big TV has currently been taken over by kids for Doctor Who. Might have to get the computer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back