Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What's your opinion of Jagga Smith?
Good player, will win plenty of the pill but not damaging enough with it per possession. That sort of player will get found out more at AFL level but he'll still perform at a high enough level. Atm for me, he's somewhere around my Pick 10.

Sid Draper looking good vs the Roosters...Victor Harbour Oval pristine compared with Norwood's shit heap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still personally rate Lalor just that little bit higher than Draper for pure talent, and I don’t mean to jump the gun here. But if Curtin continues to grow as a midfielder and by the end of the season we’re fully invested in Curtin being a midfielder, does Draper then better suit our future midfield mix than Lalor? Reckon Draper would be more reliable as a feeder to your Dawson, Rankine, Curtin types (purely hypothesising that Curtin continues to grow as a mid here).

I still personally rate Lalor just that little bit higher than Draper for pure talent, and I don’t mean to jump the gun here. But if Curtin continues to grow as a midfielder and by the end of the season we’re fully invested in Curtin being a midfielder, does Draper then better suit our future midfield mix than Lalor? Reckon Draper would be more reliable as a feeder to your Dawson, Rankine, Curtin types (purely hypothesising that Curtin continues to grow as a mid here).

I think Draper suits our needs better than Lalor regardless of Curtin's growth (and separate to him being South Australian). That inside/outside balance, power and class is pretty much what we're missing. We already have a few mid/forward types.

We are better going the local, he’ll never leave. Plus they both look like similar talents but I prefer the outside pace of Draper.
Ps. I’ve only seen highlights of Lalor, seen a few games of Draper and he looks classy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To get 27 plus disposals in your second game at SANFL level is a phenomenal performance. He has that line breaking speed and change of direction we sadly lack. He is a local lad and has all of the traits we need for our team. Draper is the man for me but would love to get another top 10 pick as I do rate this draft highly. If we can’t get Draper there are lots of other mids and a few talls I would like to get more hands on. Let’s not waste our picks on second rate players. This is the year to stay in the draft and get some extra picks from the future. Tomorrow you will see why I am saying that with under 18 camp
Game

There are also a few diamonds in SA this year we can pluck if we are prepared to take a risk.

Maybe time to clean out the chaff

If we can’t get Draper there are lots of other mids and a few talls I would like to get more hands on. Let’s not waste our picks on second rate players. This is the year to stay in the draft and get some extra picks from the future. Tomorrow you will see why I am saying that with under 18 camp
Game

There are also a few diamonds in SA this year we can pluck if we are prepared to take a risk.

Maybe time to clean out the chaff
Yep a mini-rebuild without losing much time but the club would never mention it

VIC C on top so far, but you can see these are the two most talented sides this year

Lindsay and Langford getting involved a lot early, if we can’t get Lalor/Draper/Jagga Lindsay is probably the next I’d go for

Also like the poise of a couple of smalls, Kako and Unwin (GWV Mutineer )

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back