Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I don't think Battle or Finlayson get 1st round compo.

McKay probably shouldn't have, but it was classic James Frawley "priority pick in disguise". Stk and GWS won't get the herbs and spices.

Freo may trade their own pick into next year, and could possibly do a pick swap with us. Buit you wouldn't get one earlier than that.

Personally, I don't think Battle or Finlayson get 1st round compo.

McKay probably shouldn't have, but it was classic James Frawley "priority pick in disguise". Stk and GWS won't get the herbs and spices.

Freo may trade their own pick into next year, and could possibly do a pick swap with us. Buit you wouldn't get one earlier than that.
If that’s the case Lalor will be gone
So we’d go Draper and pull the pin early on Dodson

Bicks your boy Benny Barratt BOG for south reserves
Yep, flying under the radar big time, mostly because Bamford and Phillips didn't give the poor bugger a decent crack during the Nationals. IMO right up there with Kako potential wise but of course the Vic kid getting all the hype.

Should join the Sun's Hewago Oea as an AFL player with New Guinea origins.

Yep, flying under the radar big time, mostly because Bamford and Phillips didn't give the poor bugger a decent crack during the Nationals. IMO right up there with Kako potential wise but of course the Vic kid getting all the hype.

Should join the Sun's Hewago Oea as an AFL player with New Guinea origins.
Sadly we’ll miss out on Benny
Of course the rules change at drop of a hat

I wouldn’t be surprised if Langford goes in that top group, but I personally wouldn’t have him up in the top echelon (ie where Smillie/Draper/Jagga/FOS/Lalor/Lindsay/Travaglia are)

Incredibly strong in the contest and prolific, but not classy enough disposal-wise for my liking. He’s very good, still top 15-ish for me (and 15 in this draft is probably 10 in last year’s), but I wouldn’t be as comfortable using our first on him as some others

I wouldn’t be surprised if Langford goes in that top group, but I personally wouldn’t have him up in the top echelon (ie where Smillie/Draper/Jagga/FOS/Lalor/Lindsay/Travaglia are)

Incredibly strong in the contest and prolific, but not classy enough disposal-wise for my liking. He’s very good, still top 15-ish for me (and 15 in this draft is probably 10 in last year’s), but I wouldn’t be as comfortable using our first on him as some others
That 60m hoof sets him apart from some in the top echelon but.

Did a stab at a the first bunch , can’t go much past where I am is too muddy
Obviously purely guess work just my opinion
Based on current ladder spots

A few factors here
- GC trade out picks to avoid Lombard compo drain

- St.Kilda gifted band 1 compo

Happy to have ripped apart by Mutineer

Richmond : 1- Smillie

Brisbane :2- Ashcroft (bid match )

North : 3- O’Sullivan

West Coast : 4- Smith

Gold Coast : 5- Lombard (bid match )

St. Kilda : 6- Langford

St. Kilda : 7- Reid (battle compo )

Adelaide : 8- Draper

Fremantle : 9- Allan

Adelaide : 10- Lalor (trade with GC ‘25 1st)

Hawthorn: 11- Trainor

Melbourne : 12- Hotton

Essendon : 13- Kako (bid match )

Richmond : 14- Travaglia (pick from GC Rioli)

Hopefully see a way where we go all in with that future pick and other collateral to get into this draft getting another pick in before Welsh to get Dodson would be a dream

More likely West Coast trade back and split their pick to get one of the WA boys again

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

More likely West Coast trade back and split their pick to get one of the WA boys again

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Saw someone suggested WCE/Freo should look at a swap of two or three of Freo’s firsts for WCE’s first and maybe their second

I can see that being beneficial, especially if Freo wants to have a chance at grabbing Bolton from the Tigers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did a stab at a the first bunch , can’t go much past where I am is too muddy
Obviously purely guess work just my opinion
Based on current ladder spots

A few factors here
- GC trade out picks to avoid Lombard compo drain

- St.Kilda gifted band 1 compo

Happy to have ripped apart by Mutineer 😉

Richmond : 1- Smillie

Brisbane :2- Ashcroft (bid match )

North : 3- O’Sullivan

West Coast : 4- Smith

Gold Coast : 5- Lombard (bid match )

St. Kilda : 6- Langford

St. Kilda : 7- Reid (battle compo )

Adelaide : 8- Draper

Fremantle : 9- Allan

Adelaide : 10- Lalor (trade with GC ‘25 1st)

Hawthorn: 11- Trainor

Melbourne : 12- Hotton

Essendon : 13- Kako (bid match )

Richmond : 14- Travaglia (pick from GC Rioli)

Hopefully see a way where we go all in with that future pick and other collateral to get into this draft getting another pick in before Welsh to get Dodson would be a dream
If Saints get Band 1 I’d be stunned if they don’t pick Lalor. Exactly what they need.

If Saints get Band 1 I’d be stunned if they don’t pick Lalor. Exactly what they need.
I know the consensus is to see the Saints taking two mids, but I can still see them selecting Trainor

Battle leaving and Wilkie edging towards 30 (and Howard/Cordy being bang average) will have them nervous

I know the consensus is to see the Saints taking two mids, but I can still see them selecting Trainor

Battle leaving and Wilkie edging towards 30 (and Howard/Cordy being bang average) will have them nervous
Yeah I can see that hence why I said if they get Band 1. But if they’re taking a mid this draft, it’s surely Lalor.

Yeah I can see that (unfortunately for us, Lalor’s IMO as good a fit for us as you’ll find)
Might have to change my mind on Jagga Smith after yesterday, had him outside my top 4 or 5 so will make it a priority to watch the replay at some point. Admitedly it was against the unaligned Williamstown VFL but geezus that looks like a big effort. 31D 20K 11Hb 8Cl...Only downer went at 41.9% DE

Capture.PNG

Might have to change my mind on Jagga Smith after yesterday, had him outside my top 4 or 5 so will make it a priority to watch the replay at some point. Admitedly it was against the unaligned Williamstown VFL but geezus that looks like a big effort. 31D 20K 11Hb 8Cl...Only downer went at 41.9% DE

View attachment 2054449
Yeah reckon Jagga’s too much of a safe bet not to go top 5, especially in this draft where the top is wide open. Elite accumulation and (usually) above average disposal, not afraid to kick more than he handballs, either

I like Dodson but yeah

I’d do it for Hotton or Joe Berry, or a Murphy Reid/Langford if they slid. Also like a few of the young talls in that range, but not sure that’s what we need if we’re trading our F1
Hotton off an ACL? Wow.

I actually quite rate his kick . Love his inside / outside balance and size

Has some decent point of difference which is what we should be looking at in a mid

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back