Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Could we target that GC pick 11 in any Lukosius offer?. Pick 11 is at the beginning of that range. We have our f1 and the melbourne 2nd we could use maybe to get both luko and that 11?
Question is if Richmond want that for Rioli

Not sure it’s enough value for GC in order for them to jump the gun

I imagine a lot of clubs will want to get into this years draft at the expense of next year, which means the sellers (GC, Freo?) will get good prices.
Richmond would get a good number of those GC/Freo picks for Bolton/Rioli/maybe Baker

Maybe the Tigers then decide to punt a pick into next year to balance out their yearly intake?

Is it better to wait until Draft Night trade?

Do the groundwork but hold fire until Draft Night
Maybe. Means you can confirm that who you’re trading for in the draft order will be available (like the Curtin trade last year for us), but there’s always the risk that another team gets the jump on you (e.g. the Freo/Port trade which allowed Port to get Rozee)

Richmond would get a good number of those GC/Freo picks for Bolton/Rioli/maybe Baker

Maybe the Tigers then decide to punt a pick into next year to balance out their yearly intake?
Tiges will get a top 5 pick next year. They can afford to gamble eg a swap of our F1 for a pick in the 10-15 range. Downside is small and it’s a big win if we fail again.

Maybe. Means you can confirm that who you’re trading for in the draft order will be available (like the Curtin trade last year for us), but there’s always the risk that another team gets the jump on you (e.g. the Freo/Port trade which allowed Port to get Rozee)
I imagine there are plenty of nearly-done deals which get finalised on draft night when players come off (or stay on the board) as expected.

Tiges will get a top 5 pick next year. They can afford to gamble eg a swap of our F1 for a pick in the 10-15 range. Downside is small and it’s a big win if we fail again.
All good points

If we can get a Berry/Lindsay/Travaglia/Allan with that pick it’s a win I reckon, some will put Dodson in that group too

Can't quite understand why Northern Kights captain Zak Johnston isn't getting more fanfare given if he was born a week later he'd be in the 2025 draft.
Midfielder/Forward, nice size already at 185cm 79 kg, athletically gifted, sub 3sec 20m just screams big upside to me.
* Edit - Forgot to mention all round excellent skills and good footy I Q.

If he's still there at any of our picks after the first he could be a Soligo type bargain IMO.

Can't quite understand why Northern Kights captain Zak Johnston isn't getting more fanfare given if he was born a week later he'd be in the 2025 draft.
Midfielder/Forward, nice size already at 185cm 79 kg, athletically gifted, sub 3sec 20m just screams big upside to me.
* Edit - Forgot to mention all round excellent skills and good footy I Q.

If he's still there at any of our picks after the first he could be a Soligo type bargain IMO.
Love this kind of post

The pear have a little brother syndrome and have a history of doing anything they can to beat us to the chase. I have this horrible feeling that they are going to trade up to get a pick before us and nab Draper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pear have a little brother syndrome and have a history of doing anything they can to beat us to the chase. I have this horrible feeling that they are going to trade up to get a pick before us and nab Draper.
Houston alone won’t be enough to get to him. They’d be selling more than the farm.

Maybe they do, but we may end up with O'Sullivan or maybe we split our pick and get lalor and dodson. I don't think we are in a losing position this draft

Benny Barrett not doing his draft chances any harm playing in the SANFL reserves playing midfield.

29 Disposals, 21 Kicks, 8 handballs, 7 tackles, 14 clearances, 7 inside 50's.

Please don't let him slip through to the rookie draft and Port for free...Please.
He's exactly what we need as that slippery quick small pressure forward.

Benny Barrett not doing his draft chances any harm playing in the SANFL reserves playing midfield.

29 Disposals, 21 Kicks, 8 handballs, 7 tackles, 14 clearances, 7 inside 50's.

Please don't let him slip through to the rookie draft and Port for free...Please.
He's exactly what we need as that slippery quick small pressure forward.
Port can match any bid for him now anyway, can’t they?

Don't think it's possible. He's probably going top 3 and no ones trading one of those.
Dawson, Rankine, JHF and now potentially Lukosius all heading back to SA recently might give clubs reason to think twice

They might get more for a Draper pick now than they get if he asks to leave early on

Dawson, Rankine, JHF and now potentially Lukosius all heading back to SA recently might give clubs reason to think twice

They might get more for a Draper pick now than they get if he asks to leave early on
I get the feel if he goes to North he is in a long line to play

West Coast will play him and Reid together

Then we both do a player swap - Curtin out Draper in

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back