Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m pretty sure pick 25 gets you the 25th pick in the open draft. Regardless of academy and f/s picks.
I'm pretty sure it still means you're not getting the AFL recruiters 25th rated player in the draft.

I’m pretty sure pick 25 gets you the 25th pick in the open draft. Regardless of academy and f/s picks.
Its a stupid post by dangerousfield, they should've gone "FA picks are gonna push us out from 25 to 30" and not mentioned FS or NGA.

Then ppl like you and I wouldn't misinterpret his post. But also makes him look like a bit of a drama queen cos I doubt there will be 5 first round FA compos.

Its a stupid post by dangerousfield, they should've gone "FA picks are gonna push us out from 25 to 30" and not mentioned FS or NGA.

Then ppl like you and I wouldn't misinterpret his post. But also makes him look like a bit of a drama queen cos I doubt there will be 5 first round FA compos.
Our pick 25 will be closer to the 35th player picked than the 25th player picked would be my guess.

Maybe 3 with Battle, Perryman, and potentially Cumming at this stage, with probably another couple to come as well.

It’s not that far off the mark unfortunately!

But it doesn’t matter as all drafts are different.
Pick 25 this year might be better than 15 last year.
Don't think too many recruiters would sooner be picking possibly the 35th player in the draft rather than the 25th player in the draft.

Final Score

Team Heppell 9.16
Team Sloane 9.9

My take from the game WA will be very strong in 2025.

Josh Lindsay best on medal for Team Heppell
Beau Addinsall best on medal for Team Sloane.
Reckon it’s going to be a very weak year compared to this draft

And heavily dominated by northern academies

WA definitely a good year

Can’t see many clubs giving up early picks in this years draft for future picks

Maybe 3 with Battle, Perryman, and potentially Cumming at this stage, with probably another couple to come as well.

It’s not that far off the mark unfortunately!
Hmm, dunno about that, reckon ppl will be surprised with the new salary levels, we'll see in time I guess anyway, no hill to die on.....

Nothing stupid about it at all Carmo, we don't know where a heap of these FA picks will land given the large $ being talked about to secure these FA and the fact that last year and probably this year again the AFL will use the previous seasons contract $ to decide where the compo pick fits.

Battle, Perryman and Cumming are just three that will probably land before our pick. I stand by my statement that our pick 25 will be choosing the 30th+ player in the draft

Get ready for yet another heavily compromised draft at the top end in 2025.

2025 draft prospects shine in Futures curtain-raiser​

Several Northern Academy prospects shone in the Marsh AFL National Futures curtain-raiser ahead of the Grand Final

NORTHERN Academy prospects Dan Annable, Beau Addinsall and Zeke Uwland proved their 2025 draft credentials with exciting showings in the Marsh AFL National Futures curtain-raiser at the MCG.

The annual under-17s clash on Grand Final morning featuring players eligible for the 2025 draft saw players from across the country split into teams named after retired stars Dyson Heppell and Rory Sloane.

And it was the Heppell side that came away with the win, kicking the last five goals of the game to clinch a seven-point victory.
Annable is tied to Brisbane's Academy and collected 27 disposals and five inside-50s for the Heppell team, while fellow midfielder Ollie Greeves was important with 31 touches and seven marks.

Tom Burton (26 disposals) also produced some eye-catching moments and Sam Cumming was in everything with 24 disposals, 11 tackles and a goal. West Australian prospect Charlie Banfield kicked three goals while Josh Lindsay, who had 20 disposals, was awarded the best player for his team.

A late goal to exciting tall forward prospect Archie Ludowyke capped the comeback, while the versatility of Willem Duursma again shone with 20 touches and eight marks.
Addinsall, a member of Gold Coast's Academy, had a game-high 34 disposals for the Sloane team, while Uwland, also headed to the Suns through their Academy where his brother Bodhi had a breakout season, kicked two goals from 22 disposals in a typically polished display. Addinsall was named his team's best player.

Midfielder Jack Dalton had 21 disposals and kicked 1.2, Riley Onley had 20 disposals and kicked a goal and very promising tall Cooper Duff-Tytler collected 13 disposals and 10 hit-outs.

TEAM HEPPELL 1.6 2.9 4.12 9.16 (70)
TEAM SLOANE 2.3 6.6 7.7 9.9 (63)

Goals
Team Heppell:
Banfield 3, Latanis 2, Cumming, Ludowyke, Schubert, Walley
Team Sloane: Hetherton 3, Uwland 2, Dalton, Ison, Onley, Whan
Managed to watch the first quarter when Sharp played on ball, crows first well in play to pick him up 2025, not that I expect him to slide too far despite not getting involved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expect huge winges next year when people realise just how many players will be only open to academy picks. Don’t think we have one next year.

I think many clubs without NGA’s will be up in arms. Just you wait

Where would the Port Father sons sit at this stage 12 months out? Is Fancou the best of them?
I think they have a few coming up in next few years. Cochrane boys trying to get into ports NGA with dad Richard pushing hard for rules to be made to allow his boys into system. Looking At indigenous angle although not sure if they are in port area

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back