Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw a video this morning, and the guy, who appeared knowledgeable had this order:

1. O'Sullivan
2. Lalor
3. Draper
4. Langford
5. Jagga Smith
6. Murphy Reid
7. Ashcroft
8. Smilie
If he has Ashcroft at 7 I'd question that.
His form this year is clearly superior to all others including that of his brother Will in his draft year.

Sad Face GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooper Duff-Tytler should be a Crows focus unless we draft or recruit a ruck this draft/trade period.

it's Tytler not Tyler btw
Probably dependant on whether or not we manage to get Alex Dodson

Probably dependant on whether or not we manage to get Alex Dodson
That's going to be highly unlikekely IMO. Just can't see AFL clubs keen to trade a 1st round pick out for a future pick in this year's draft because I have a feeling that's what it will take to be in the Dodson discussion...and to be certain a relatively high pick too.

That's going to be highly unlikekely IMO. Just can't see AFL clubs keen to trade a 1st round pick out for a future pick in this year's draft because I have a feeling that's what it will take to be in the Dodson discussion...and to be certain a relatively high pick too.
Trade #4 for two mid firsts? If reports are to be believed, the midfield depth is strong in this draft.

Freo likely wanting to trade into next year for one of their picks at least to stock up for Warner bid.

Trade #4 for two mid firsts? If reports are to be believed, the midfield depth is strong in this draft.
IF we got a second first this year, say Freo's 10, I'd try and bundle up 4 and 10 and do a trade with North or Eagles to get 2 or 3 and their early second rounders.

I know you'd still have to do more to get back into Dodson territory, or hope he falls to those picks but at least it means Draper or Lalor or Langford or whoever we really want we will def get.

IF we got a second first this year, say Freo's 10, I'd try and bundle up 4 and 10 and do a trade with North or Eagles to get 2 or 3 and their early second rounders.

I know you'd still have to do more to get back into Dodson territory, or hope he falls to those picks but at least it means Draper or Lalor or Langford or whoever we really want we will def get.
Huh? We are already in the sweet spot with pick 4. We are guaranteed access to one of the best half dozen players in an even top end.

Looks pretty good to me. Seems to kick a lot of goals and take a lot of marks for a mid. And his stats say he averaged 26 in the Coates League this year. Not much to complain about…
Recruiters will be having a serious look at his Combine testing given speed and athletically his pre-season testing was sub-par.

Recruiters will be having a serious look at his Combine testing given speed and athletically his pre-season testing was sub-par.
Interested to know where Bont and Cripps tested for speed and athleticism. There’s obviously a base level that you’d need, but it can’t be everything

Imagine this scenario: Lalor falls outside the top 10 in the draft due to lingering injury concerns and clubs opting to take the “safer” picks like Langford, Draper, Smith, Lombard, Ashcroft, O’Sullivan and maybe even a couple of Smillie, M Reid, Lindsay, Armstrong, Berry and Travaglia. Shock, horror! PlayStation live traders scramble to propose a deal that no list manager in the world would realistically accept, and hurl abuse at Reid for not being able to get it done. Wouldn’t that be a laugh!

FWIW, I would love to get Lalor in. He is the exact prototype that we need IMO. I just don’t see us pulling the trigger at 4, where rightly or wrongly, the quartet of Draper, O’Sullivan, Langford and Smillie feel the most likely for us. Jagga will surely be gone in the top 3 but I suppose nothing is impossible. The rest we really don’t know.

Means nothing, but my preference order for OUR pick would be:

1) Lalor
Equal 2nd) Draper / Jagga Smith
4) O’Sullivan

Daylight

5) Langford
6) Smillie

(There’s multiple other guys I like better than Langford and Smillie but we aren’t any chance of picking them so pointless to list them).

To be honest I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t take one of Lalor, Draper, Jagga or O’Sullivan. Langford would be a great fit in a side that didn’t already have Crouch, Curtin and Dawson (all relatively slow left footers). He’s just not the right guy for us. Wonder what kind of family he’s from…

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back