Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, Burgess is way too experienced than to do that, from the outside it looks seriously like Tyler lacks self discipline away from the club because he wouldn't be eating crap while at the club.
Hopefully in a years time when he is lean and fit and taking 1-2 minutes of his 2km time trial people will start to believe Academy / FS players CAN and DO tank value

7 minutes ago
WHO IS FINN O'SULLIVAN?

Chris Cavanagh
All the talk this week has been that Carlton wants pick three for a shot at Finn O’Sullivan, the second cousin of Sam Walsh and one of the best prospects in this year’s draft pool.

But, who is he and why did the Blues move heaven and earth to get him?

Draft guru Chris Cavanagh reports:

Highly-rated midfielder Finn O’Sullivan says he just wants to be his “best self” as expectations grow that he could become the second No. 1 draft pick to come from his family tree.

More

Hopefully in a years time when he is lean and fit and taking 1-2 minutes of his 2km time trial people will start to believe Academy / FS players CAN and DO tank value
What a load of hogwash.

Perhaps you'd like to explain why on the same day his vertical jump and 20m times were acceptable then? Not as good as his previous Feb 2023 testing but quite acceptable. Hint don't need a tank so much for those tests.

What a load of hogwash.

Perhaps you'd like to explain why on the same day his vertical jump and 20m times were acceptable then? Not as good as his previous Feb 2023 testing but quite acceptable. Hint don't need a tank so much for those tests.
bookmarked Bicks. If he is lean and fit in a years time, things are pretty clear IMO

I joked to the KEY decision makers at the club early this year, about putting him on a hamburger diet and....I am not surprised by how things have played out

Looks like the odds of Adelaide getting Draper just increased with Carlton tipped to be lining up FOS.
Yep, looking much better for Draper as our Dangerfield-type explosive mid we have been calling out for

Smith
Lalor
1 and 2 you would imagine

3 - FOS
4 - Draper come on down to West Lakes thank you very much

Welsh kicked 5 in a recent sanfl game (albeit against Port). The talent is obviously there and at least he goes hard at the ball
this is the perfect result if things play out - surely everyone can see this?

Explosive , hard leading and magnificent kick and good skills overall. Puts on 5-10kg at the end of the footy season scaring off clubs. Crows get for pick 40-60 (we either need to trade in a late pick in the 40s/50's to match OR assuming in the third round we just take a small step backwards next year)

Looking like the perfect result to me

What a load of hogwash.

'Not as good'

How in the heck under a world class fitness guy does he go BACKWARDS so MUCH

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bookmarked Bicks. If he is lean and fit in a years time, things are pretty clear IMO

I joked to the KEY decision makers at the club early this year, about putting him on a hamburger diet and....I am not surprised by how things have played out
If he is it's got nought, nil, nada to do with tanking, it will show since the season has ended and he's left to his own devices he is lacking in self discipline that is all.
It's going to be interesting what condition he turns up to for the 1st day of preseason training as I suspect he will have been given a message after the testing and likely a program by the fitness staff.

LOL
As if!!

So is drapers only downside his disposal?
Look it's not as though he's an out and out ball burner, he's not. It's just not quite as good as several around him in the current rankings. Speed, agility, dare and potential hurt factor is his game.

Yeah I'm sure these key decision makers at the club heeded your advice no doubt whatsover. 😂
bicks i understood your perspective the first time - not needing a 4-5th engagement on the same issue so I wont respond again. Time will tell in 12 mths time and I will TRANSPARENTLY review and disclose these messages for us to look back on. Lets just wait and see if Welsh is still 5-10 kg overweight :)

ps i never said they heeded my advice or i even put the idea in their heads. I am sure smart men can do their own thinking

If a Carlton poster is to be believed on their board, it could still play out like this:
1. Lalor
2. FOS
3. Draper
4. Smith or Langford
ok that would be disappointing from my perspective if Draper is gone but ultimately its out of our control and like all things in life like that, not worth getting upset over.

Whats in our control is getting the best mid with pick 4 and most BF 'experts' seem like they prefer Smith but Langford wouldnt surprise me either (Rowey has mentioned Langford a few times in recent weeks when he doesnt know much about the draft. Not that he has a good track record so thats probably a good sign the club is feeding him crap)

Yeah i am not buying that at all. Too many reasons why FOS is the right guy for them and its not like he is a reach as he was talked about as pick 1 material for a long time
North have Lalor and then FOS as their top 2 as well, so unless they split their picks or Richmond take Langford at pick 1, FOS will be available at pick 2 for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back