Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 17: St Kilda saints v Sydney Swans, Sunday 7th of July 3:20pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like the people wanting Keeler in are the ones that don't watch VFL and only look at stats. He'd get absolutely smoked by the Swans players - Amartey McLean McDonald are all huge players

I had him at the other end.

Seasons gone and over the rest of the season I would like the Saints to rotate some of younger players (ie not all at once) through to give the ones who are yet to debut a taste and to see how far off AFL level they are. Both for the to see and know, as well as us.

If our season was live, then it would be a different story.

Mind you apart from the ones who have already played, that is probably just Keeler, Heath and Hall. The others are too far off the pace.

Of the ones who have played, Pou has earnt another crack at being a mid in the firsts. But against the Swans might be a rude welcome back. Say the Crows and WC games

Garcia gets a Gold Star for effort and so should be given a few more senior games this year too.

Last edited:

No knock on the guy but I've seen enough of Byrnes. I think we know his ceiling. I'd rather see what Garcia can bring to the table.
Yep Byrnes is done and will most likely be delisted end of year , well he should be if we want to improve the list

For the 15000 that show up, they will see a miracle of a kind that harks back to 2009.

2/3 through the 2009 season, undefeated St Kilda come back from Tassie having spanked the Hawks using a virtual second string side.

For the next game at Marvel, the stars return, but alas, a bridge too far, and we lose to Essendon at the final pinch. Two points! Sound familiar? Too cocky?

Well, so we bounce back right? Because now we face 15th placed (sound familiar) North Melbourne languishing in the bottom four. Our stars are back and ready ! What happens??

We lose!! Again

Sydney are in the same position.
We are the North Melbourne of 2009.

We win.

Place your house and all your prized assets on it!
Be good at moorabbin!!

In: Phillipou, Heath, Byrnes
Out: Dow (rested), Campbell, Wilson (managed)

Play the kids. Phillipou for 60+% CBAs if he plays - I’m not convinced vs Sydney is a great matchup to bring him back in for. Look at bringing Garcia in as well over the next fortnight - maybe for Clark if he keeps stinking it. Sharman must start
Wilson has had one poor game and he needs a spell, I don't think so

Herald Sun believes Crouch could be recalled this week after an impressive VFL performance on the weekend.

Phillipou, 19, hasn’t played seniors since the Round 11 loss to Fremantle five weeks ago but shone in the VFL at the weekend gathering 20 touches and nine tackles.

The Saints are expected to strongly consider recalling the No. 10 draft pick for Sunday’s clash against Sydney Swans, while hard nuts Zak Jones (29 disposals) and Brad Crouch (27) also impressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol at keeler in.

Would be so under done it’s not even funny
Agree with you there PC.

IMHO....he's a fair way off yet.

He may possibly get a game prior to seasons end.....but I'd be surprised.

Herald Sun believes Crouch could be recalled this week after an impressive VFL performance on the weekend.

Phillipou, 19, hasn’t played seniors since the Round 11 loss to Fremantle five weeks ago but shone in the VFL at the weekend gathering 20 touches and nine tackles.

The Saints are expected to strongly consider recalling the No. 10 draft pick for Sunday’s clash against Sydney Swans, while hard nuts Zak Jones (29 disposals) and Brad Crouch (27) also impressed.

also considering that game was 4 weeks ago in the VFL

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feel like the people wanting Keeler in are the ones that don't watch VFL and only look at stats. He'd get absolutely smoked by the Swans players - Amartey McLean McDonald are all huge players
Mclean & Armatey are no taller than Keeler just more mature bodies, they would get him in wrestle but otherwise he would be ok.

Really hope we try something different in the forward set up this week.
Marshall took the pressure off King in the forward set up to some degree when he was slotting goals. Would love to see Heath in for that reason alone.
Pou is an interesting one. Does he need more time or is it worth putting him back in to have a crack. If it doesn’t work he can always go back and work on the things he learnt from swans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back