Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 17: St Kilda saints v Sydney Swans, Sunday 7th of July 3:20pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

roma and mitch to ruck all game
swapping fwd ruck

Proud Classic Tv GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Suspect it will be those two and Membrey. Perhaps Jones the sub but I’d prefer Byrnes as sub. Or have I done one too many there?
Potentially one too many.

Will be the 3 you listed then someone who started last week will be sub instead of Sharman who comes into the 22. Unless Campbell is dropped, given we've got an extra tall on field compared to last week, then one of the ins would be sub.

Suspect it will be those two and Membrey. Perhaps Jones the sub but I’d prefer Byrnes as sub. Or have I done one too many there?

Howard, Membrey and Phillipou have all been named in the starting 18 on field so they look like they will be definite inclusions.

It will probably be a bench of Clark, Butler, Wilson and Schoenmaker with Jones/Byrnes the sub, well that's what I hope anyway.

Sharman Membrey Doug Phillipou all named on field so almost certain to play in the 22

Means that someone from last week will be omitted (probs to sub)

Do we drop Campbell and run with Row + Owens as rucks? Rest Wilson and sub Byrnes? Sub Clark and push Henry and Mitch into the mids more? Interesting

Why was it a bad match up, Sweet is a VFL level ruckman & he got toweled up should not play.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well he's a bad match up because he took care of Campbell. Campbell usually dominates rucks at VFL level. Sweet played VFL but he was a level above most last season.

Jones has to play. We are running out of mids again.

This is what kinda shites me about selection, only Phillipou & Howard deserve a spot. Others just doing average in the two's.
At least Ross & Stocker weren't picked, ye.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howard, Membrey and Phillipou have all been named in the starting 18 on field so they look like they will be definite inclusions.

It will probably be a bench of Clark, Butler, Wilson and Schoenmaker with Jones/Byrnes the sub, well that's what I hope anyway.
I'm thinking Butler Clark, Owens, Schoey on bench, Wilson-sub, whatever???
Byrnes, Jones & Paton don't get a gig.

Last edited:
Paton might get a spot- need a good lock down small defender. Jones possibly in, as we are so slow and lack run, and Clark may go out- just too slow..maybe sub. Arie probably out. Who knows with Lyon- I don't think he knows himself.

Quick props to Pou.

Well done to him on getting back.

He could have spoked it up since being dropped or become angsty after his ‘manager’ comments or when he was struggling.

On the contrary he has really brought a great attitude and at no point did he think he was above the level or the players.

He’s had to work hard and his contested work has really improved including his tackling.

Hope he plays a ripper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back