Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 18: Adelaide v St.Kilda, Sat 13th of July 7:30pm AEST, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got a funny feeling about this game. Looking at the teams I think match up pretty well against them (not that I want to encourage gambling). Having said that we’ll probably get done by ten goals.

It is more HOW we played against the Swans that has myself bullish about this game. We had our mojo back, and just executed with a lot more poise and polish.

In particular our ball movement was the best it has been all year.

He was injured & has come back via Sandy.

Our backline is pretty settled so there’s currently no spot for him.

Thought my post was pretty straightforward.

Your post inferred that Dow & Stocker were both on the outer when both only came out of the senior side due to being injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your post implied they were starting 22 but injured and were not selected because of injury. I'm pointing out that Stocker is not playing injured, we just wasn't selected. I think it is a useful observation I made as it asks about shifting sands. Whether or not Stocker comes straight back in and kills it in the firsts from next week, or whether he doesn't, regardless.

Your post implied they were starting 22 but injured and were not selected because of injury. I'm pointing out that Stocker is not playing injured, we just wasn't selected. I think it is a useful observation I made as it asks about shifting sands. Whether or not Stocker comes straight back in and kills it in the firsts from next week, or whether he doesn't, regardless.

I said they were both in the 22 until they got injured. No implications. Just fact.

And then in Stocker’s case the backline had no spots available thanks in part to Ari.

Dow will probably come straight back in when fit.

Your ‘shifting sands’ comment is just another example of someone making something up that has no basis in reality.

Two guys got injured & couldn’t play. Their replacements did a good job so kept their spots.

Simples.

It sounds legit. Bananas produce ethylene so trapping it probably ripens them faster. You can ripen hard avocados quicker by putting them in a bowl together or paper bag.

I think it's trapping the gas, not necessarily anything to do with the lettuce.
gringo2011 the friuterer 🥴

phonto.jpeg

Maybe I've started on the "Demon Drink" a bit early tonight.

I look at your pic and see a seagull !!!!!

A green one.

The eyes....the beak and the wings.

Maybe time for a refill.

I might add that..... that's first class preparation you did for yr pic.

Impressive !!!!!!

:p :p :p

I reckon Ross has his tail up at the minute and the lads are clearly up and about too. I'm hoping it's across the whole Club tbh, with everything that's been going on. Going by his comments in the Swans post-game presser, I think RTB is very keen to get on a mini-run here. So picking the most experienced team to do so, in terms of this weeks INS and Garcia/Hastie remaining the two's. Personally I'd say both have been given things to work on, Garcia seemed closer to being ready for mine.

But if we knock off Adelaide this week, we've then got WCE at Marvel, then Essendon at Marvel which becomes a big Saturday evening game. I just think Ross would love to be coming into that game undeafeted from the Swans game and hit the ground running, do some damage to Finals teams. Knock off Essendon and then it's Richmond, and then Geelong, both at Marvel again.
Actually, same as last season they look better with more kids as the older blokes have lost their pep.
All the conjecture is moot anyway IMHO. Our kids are developing very well so whatever the regime is it's working.

I said they were both in the 22 until they got injured. No implications. Just fact.

And then in Stocker’s case the backline had no spots available thanks in part to Ari.

Dow will probably come straight back in when fit.

Your ‘shifting sands’ comment is just another example of someone making something up that has no basis in reality.

Two guys got injured & couldn’t play. Their replacements did a good job so kept their spots.

Simples.

Some say Stocker is getting a lil Sandy time for a reason…I am/ was asking about shifting sands. You are extrapolating from my note, and my question, lumping it in with some others comments, generalizing it and calling it, ‘just another example if…’… I am asking a question and basis in reality? Well the reality is that he has played the last three at Sandy (I think) ..Why? I wondered. Fair enough, I reckon.

Am sure I read a couple of weeks ago on here that Garcia was having a run in the VFL to work on the offence/attack side of things. Think they like his progress but he’s got things to work on. He’ll be good.

If you need to work on your disposal, better to have 24 disposals ( to work on ) in the VFL than 10 high pressure rushed disposals in the AFL.

Am sure I read a couple of weeks ago on here that Garcia was having a run in the VFL to work on the offence/attack side of things. Think they like his progress but he’s got things to work on. He’ll be good.
Exactly, which is why its silly to bring him in and play him as a sub or fwd. He's working on getting first to the ball and winning ground balls, rather than being 2nd man and tackling (which is why he records so many tackles). How is he gonna do that playing out of position? It's like expecting Pou to do what he did last week without the VFL spell and being wasted up forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back