Preview 2024 AFL Season: Round 24 - Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 25th August, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In time past, pink was a colour choice embraced by men everywhere, it's only in the last 100 odd years it has been questioned ( same time frame as Cannabis btw)
Pink in its various forms is a lovely colour...
My partner has bought me all 3 polos.
I lashed out and paid up big for a Ralph L. Pale pink long shelved shirt...I was in separately on a delicate cycle...I am all in 🤣

I remember reading that pink used to be a colour associated with boys in the old days.

View attachment 2088231

Come say hi to me on Sunday, I'll be in the salmon setup.
I have one word: outstanding.

Looking every inch an underworld identity about to head off to the races at Flemington.

Or

About to do a fashion shoot for Harris Scarfe.

Tough choice.......

:) :) :)

View attachment 2088231

Come say hi to me on Sunday, I'll be in the salmon setup.

n0eKLYV.gif

What to do with a problem like RoMa? Don't get me wrong, absolutely love the guy. The problem for the weekend is that even if he completely torches Pittonet around the ground, we're going have that same issue we've seen in many games this year with diferent teams - maybe ~4 - 5 times Cripps or Walsh will just run straight through a centre bounce, perfect tap for them to exit front of stoppage at pace and then inside 50 with a very high chance of a goal.

If we're giving up 3 goals a game that way then no amount of around the ground work can really make up for that kind of deficit. So I play Roma 50/50 forward ruck and bring in TC. It's not every team we need to do this for but with Carlton's midfield I think it's the right option.

What to do with a problem like RoMa? Don't get me wrong, absolutely love the guy. The problem for the weekend is that even if he completely torches Pittonet around the ground, we're going have that same issue we've seen in many games this year with diferent teams - maybe ~4 - 5 times Cripps or Walsh will just run straight through a centre bounce, perfect tap for them to exit front of stoppage at pace and then inside 50 with a very high chance of a goal.

If we're giving up 3 goals a game that way then no amount of around the ground work can really make up for that kind of deficit. So I play Roma 50/50 forward ruck and bring in TC. It's not every team we need to do this for but with Carlton's midfield I think it's the right option.

I certainly remember a stoppage like that when we played Port Adelaide ... and Tom Campbell was in the ruck.

Back in our AA-calibre ruckman to do his thing and if our midfield is not doing their job, then hang it on them.

Just like last week, if we break even in the middle, we win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly remember a stoppage like that when we played Port Adelaide ... and Tom Campbell was in the ruck.

Back in our AA-calibre ruckman to do his thing and if our midfield is not doing their job, then hang it on them.

Just like last week, if we break even in the middle, we win.
Fair enough. As I said above, I'm not saying every time, and every time and not potting Roma specifically. Just would prefer we don't have to set up so defensively at centre bounces this week.

BTW I regard you as just about the best poster on here for actual analysis so I know you didn't just pull out a single anecdotal instance re: TC to invalidate my hypothesis ;)

Fair enough. As I said above, I'm not saying every time, and every time and not potting Roma specifically. Just would prefer we don't have to set up so defensively at centre bounces this week.

BTW I regard you as just about the best poster on here for actual analysis so I know you didn't just pull out a single anecdotal instance re: TC to invalidate my hypothesis ;)
Thanks for the somewhat backhanded compliment.

Campbell has played two games this year. Didn't see the Brisbane game, but considering how Marshall goes against McInerny, I almost would rather ruck Jack Higgins against Brisbane.

We got slaughtered in the middle of the ground against Port Adelaide until Tom Campbell got subbed off.

Marshall's disposal and hit out averages are higher against Carlton than his career averages.

Very on trend to this thread. I’ve been referred to as nothing else but Salmon around the footy club for 13 years now after a poor shirt decision as an 18 year old.

I’ve embraced it - Low quality drunken home job ankle tattoo as reference. View attachment 2088441
How TF did men 10+ years ago know Salmon is the fancy name for pink??? 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back