2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like Lalor and Murphy Reid, both look like they won't be around at our second round pick.
Isn’t Murphy Reid a half back?

Lalor intrigues. Hearing great things. Looks a great size for a modern mid. Would love to see what he could do off exposed form

Would be like having Battle but a higher ceiling and another elite kick

Disagree. Battle is like letting Jake Lever go. The reason other clubs are willing to pay a lot is because he's an excellent player.

Lever cost 2x first round draft picks and a fourth round pick. I reckon St Kilda will realise what they had once he's gone. Our backline and rebounders are the only line in the side that sits well above average. We get rid of Battle and Howard as well as Webster coming to the end and we're rebuilding that line again.

Lalor intrigues. Hearing great things. Looks a great size for a modern mid. Would love to see what he could do off exposed form

He's a mid but playing where ever he can due to a deep midfield. He played mid on the weekend and I thought he was one of their best in the wet conditions.

Watching the edited highlights he improved as the game went on and found touch.

Lalor is much more of an inside bull type mid. To me he suits our needs but our pick won't be around where he falls. I think he's more likely to end up going between 10 and 20 sort of range.

Cody Anderson is another. Ivisic and Langford also. There are quite a few more contested mid available and hopefully we grab one with Adelaide's pick.

He's a mid but playing where ever he can due to a deep midfield. He played mid on the weekend and I thought he was one of their best in the wet conditions.

Watching the edited highlights he improved as the game went on and found touch.

So, Hunter Clark?

Pass.

We have one of those.

So, Hunter Clark?

Pass.

We have one of those.

I don't think so. I think he's more of a true mid. I wouldn't take him with an early pick anyway. He's more in the later first round early second round IMO.

Lalor is the one I want.

Agree he needs exposure at the Champs to get a better look but he has some traits which we want. Kicked 7 goals in a APS game earlier in the season as well. Absolutely hope we grab him.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lalor is the one I want.

Agree he needs exposure at the Champs to get a better look but he has some traits which we want. Kicked 7 goals in a APS game earlier in the season as well. Absolutely hope we grab him.

I’m keen to see how high he can climb from here - which is relatively late as we are half way through the season.

Lalor is the one I want.

You'd need to work out how to trade up to him then IMO. We don't want to use pick 4 on him. Brisbane might want to trade out of the early stages of this draft and then maybe you could split that pick to have a couple later first round.

Get Jagga and a couple of those bulls or a Kako or Berry type small forward and Lalor.

Should position ourselves to grab Alex Dodson in the draft, as a future ruck.

Is he the basketballer? He sounded awesome. I didn't really take note at the time. I tend to not look at rucks in the champs for some reason. He beat some highly rated big guys though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those MReid highlights looked bog average

Actually the whole match looked bog average

Not sure I am overly enthused about this draft class

And he was one of the best. Absolute shithouse conditions for a display match though. That said it's a really meh draft IMO. I think it will be quite even though. Not much in the way of absolute cream.

Disagree. Battle is like letting Jake Lever go. The reason other clubs are willing to pay a lot is because he's an excellent player.

Lever cost 2x first round draft picks and a fourth round pick. I reckon St Kilda will realise what they had once he's gone. Our backline and rebounders are the only line in the side that sits well above average. We get rid of Battle and Howard as well as Webster coming to the end and we're rebuilding that line again.

It makes no sense to me to trade out one of our best performed players…. As he’s about to hit his peak.

Jagga snakes through traffic. He's not actually a bull extractor. I'd think Draper is probably a bit more first touch and move the ball out inside mid. I think he's probably a bit of a Jack Steele type. Quite clean and even without much POD but does everything well.

Jagga is a bit of one of those guys that just always seems to be where the footy is even when he's not in the midfield. His game is quite unique. He's small and slippery like a small forward but plays that way in the middle. The question mark would be how he gets through traffic with big guys that will smash him. That said they thought the same with Butters and Merrett and even Lauchie Neale. He dishes off quickly and seems like he has a fast mind.

To me Jagga looks a bit more like he has X factor and plays a more interesting game. I've warmed to Draper but he still doesn't get me excited but he's probably a handy type and should at least be a GOP. Jagga probably more likely to be a star but probably more question marks on how he goes against bigger bodies.

O'Sullivan is a worry that he's always getting injured. I'm always nervous of those guys. Smillie is the one I reckon looks like he's a type that we'd love. He's big and bustling and can play forward when not on ball. He gives Dangerfield/ Cripps vibes.
Jagga 32 disposals 57 meters gained and 5 score involvements good on the stats sheet but it’s a little deeper, very small light frame with big question marks on size and hurt factor. Compare that to fin Smillie or Draper and it’s fairly stark. Me personally I’d prefer a take the game forward midfielder with the 20-30 disposals instead of the stat padding Darcy parish type. Fwiw Jagga will still be good quality and at a minimum will accumulate and link up very well at afl level but I’d have him behind those 3 having watched a fair bit of them over the past two years.

Is he the basketballer? He sounded awesome. I didn't really take note at the time. I tend to not look at rucks in the champs for some reason. He beat some highly rated big guys though.
Yeah 6 foot 9 and moves pretty well. South Australian and could choose basketball anyway so it’s unlikely but if he goes with footy I think he’ll be very good.

It makes no sense to me to trade out one of our best performed players…. As he’s about to hit his peak.
Once again, it's worth noting that we are NOT trading Josh Battle. Our only option is simply to either give him enough money to refuse any offer,
or to let him leave. He's an unrestricted free agent. We can't even match.

We have to decide whether we upset our salary structure to ensure he stays with us or not.

How much do we want to keep him? Put a figure on it.

Jagga 32 disposals 57 meters gained and 5 score involvements good on the stats sheet but it’s a little deeper, very small light frame with big question marks on size and hurt factor. Compare that to fin Smillie or Draper and it’s fairly stark. Me personally I’d prefer a take the game forward midfielder with the 20-30 disposals instead of the stat padding Darcy parish type. Fwiw Jagga will still be good quality and at a minimum will accumulate and link up very well at afl level but I’d have him behind those 3 having watched a fair bit of them over the past two years.
Jagga just reminds me so much of Sammy Walsh. Needs some sustainable size though.

Once again, it's worth noting that we are NOT trading Josh Battle. Our only option is simply to either give him enough money to refuse any offer,
or to let him leave. He's an unrestricted free agent. We can't even match.

We have to decide whether we upset our salary structure to ensure he stays with us or not.

How much do we want to keep him? Put a figure on it.
Fine trade let go what ever semantics imo. Don’t let him go. Pay him

The kid also had 9 clearances 18 contested possessions with a de% of 78, He is exactly the type of player we need. The next iteration of players seems to be moving from who will be the next Bont or Cripps to who is the next Butters or Serong.
I like Draper very much a Mr Consistent type guaranteed 200 game player but can he be that match winner we need?
Big fan of Lombard he is tank with speed, if we somehow perhaps perchance get another pick (cough Battle cough) I wouldn't mind placing a bid. You never know.
200w.gif

Jagga just reminds me so much of Sammy Walsh. Needs some sustainable size though.

And a bit of Butters IMO, Walsh seemed to get the ball and go a bit more than Jagga. Small mids are back in fashion again with Merrett, Butters, Neale, Gulden, Parish types all starring. For a while footy fetishised 6 foot plus mids.

There is something about Jagga that just looks like he will be a gun. Kids that get lots of the ball are usually really confident and driven to succeed. That's a massive head start. Possessions aren't everything but they are rarely a bad thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back