2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

The second of two strong mid season Talent League games from Harry that elevated his draft stock significantly. He started on fire in the first quarter, taking marks around the ground and hitting the scoreboard with a couple of early goals. In the second half he continued to present well and fly for his marks, but on a number of occasions couldn't quite hang on. He still finished with 4 goals in a what was overall a strong key forward display.

Damn I didn't realise how close Melbourne are to dropping below us on the ladder.
If we win even one of the next two, we'll move above them by the looks.
Unless we get thumped in one of the games.
They play Suns away and then the Pies at the G and are only 4 points up with a lower %.

Damn I didn't realise how close Melbourne are to dropping below us on the ladder.
They play Suns away and then the Pies at the G and are only 4 points up with a lower %.
I reckon we are a very good chance to finish above them

Cats aren't a very good team at Marvel

Blues with their injuries are in free fall

We play both of these teams after they are coming back from Perth

Yep, the loser this week is a risk! Separately, I hope Adelaide wins. I can’t see us beating Geelong in a critical game for them. But Carlton’s form and injuries is pretty awful.

Yep, the loser this week is a risk! Separately, I hope Adelaide wins. I can’t see us beating Geelong in a critical game for them. But Carlton’s form and injuries is pretty awful.
We have to lose both.

Time to drop Battle, play Hotton, Keeler, Garcia, Hastie, Hall and Arie.

We need pick 4 & 5, sick.of mid range dps

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have to lose both.

We need access to the elite mids. Bit underwhelming if we end up above Gold Coast and Melbourne in no man’s land once again. Been our problem for 10 years

Tom Gross is as brave, tough and hard working as any player in this draft pool. In a year less stacked with top end midfield talent he would be getting a lot more attention, but as it stands he's unfortunately flying well under the radar. Wherever he lands on draft night, he's destined to become an immediate fan favourite and have everyone asking "how did this kid slide so far?"

I like Gross. He’d suit us. Shame we don’t have a pick in his range unless he drifts well out.

I reckon we are a very good chance to finish above them

Cats aren't a very good team at Marvel

Blues with their injuries are in free fall

We play both of these teams after they are coming back from Perth

Hopefully the Dees are stung by controversy and play out of their skins.

We need access to the elite mids. Bit underwhelming if we end up above Gold Coast and Melbourne in no man’s land once again. Been our problem for 10 years

I think that this draft might end up not having as much standout front end but the whole first round looks good. Should be easier to find high end talent than normal. Probably still end up with a good player with our second round pick too.

We have to lose both.

Probably would have taken Tsatas if we’d had a higher pick. You need to nail your picks more than anything.

Got to think we're walking away with 2 of:
FOS
Draper
Langford
Reid

How good!

As much as Battle IS a gun, he is in his peak from now. He's a weapon but our team is 5th/6th last. We need to go slightly backwards to go forwards and if anyone offered Pick 6ish for Battle in an open market, you'd take it and run. We'd take Pick 6 for our Captain, let alone Battle.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jagga smith gives me Elijah tsatas vibes for some reason. Skinny ball magnet, who is slippery, but doesn't have elite skills. Jagga does have better foot skills, but just gives me the same feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we got Battle compensation , and could somehow split it , and end up with , say Gross and Matt Whitilock as later first round picks, i'd consider that a great result.

The Whitlocks look good but I reckon I'd go Shanahan before them both. I thought Jack was meant to be the better of the 2 as well? Matt must be playing well.

Jagga smith gives me Elijah tsatas vibes for some reason. Skinny ball magnet, who is slippery, but doesn't have elite skills. Jagga does have better foot skills, but just gives me the same feel.

Tsitas can't kick which is his biggest issue. I think he'll end up getting big numbers but that disposal efficiency will hold him back. I think Jagga has much neater kicking.

Playing the grinch is well and good, but might be time to put the cue in the rack.
For the Cats perhaps, but our final game against the arch-enemy is the closest we get to a Grand Final this year. Expecting a repeat of the 2nd Essendon game and back to the Blues board for an all-night consumption of the saltiest tears on God's green earth

Couldn’t disagree more with all due respect

Hopefully the Dees are stung by controversy and play out of their skins.
Unfortunately you've got the wrong team for this dream. The Demons are the most mentally soft collection of chokers since all the other Demons teams. They will melt from the heat of an LED light.

Our only hope is that their opposition somehow forget hiw to play football.

I think that this draft might end up not having as much standout front end but the whole first round looks good. Should be easier to find high end talent than normal. Probably still end up with a good player with our second round pick too.
Just about every other midfield in the AFL has the make up of someone drafted in or around the top 5. Most clubs have ATLEAST 1 player. Some examples.
Melbourne: trac, clarry
Dogs: bont (maccrae for years)
Blues:walsh
North: LDU (wardlaw etc)
Port: rozzee, jhf
Lions: mccluggage, rayner
Pies: de goey, naicos
Freo: A brayshaw
GWS: Tom Greene, Fin Callaghan, Josh Kelly, COGS
GC: Rowel, Anderson
ESS: parish.

Every single one of those players drafted in the top 5 of the draft. And every single one of them are a starting AFL midfielder and some of the best in the comp at that. Of course there is us. Apart from Max king we haven’t had a top 5 pick since when? I’m not saying it’s the only avenue and I know there’s plenty of examples of players outside that. It’s more you just have a lot bigger chance of drafting that player in that half of the draft pool. Rather then the 8-16 in which we have been the last however many.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back