2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll give you Merret. Parish certainty ain’t elite, maybe an elite accumulator. And I think calling Caldwell elite is a huge reach. He’s a solid citizen but I can’t see any club trading a 1st round pick to acquire him

Not saying they are all elite. A grade to elite which I think those guys are A grade. Proves my point more anyway. He's saying that all good sides have top 5 picks playing in their midfield.

With all these elite mids that Essendon have got ... they must be favourites for the Premiership :thumbsu:

Funny enough North have the most top 20 players of any side this year.

Can someone who has looked at the draft prospects in greater detail than me (wouldn't take much, all I saw was the Metro v Country champs match and some highlight reels) give me the lowdown on Finn O'Sullivan?
I think he has been injured and looked a bit down in the champs game but from a highlights video I saw he looked very smooth.

SteeleSaints or gringo2011 stavro#4 anything to contribute?

What a great draft class.

Day-Wicks looks a player to me and he’s projected #37. Dodson #22 it’s just stacked with talent.
Battle leaving is best for all parties.

Can someone who has looked at the draft prospects in greater detail than me (wouldn't take much, all I saw was the Metro v Country champs match and some highlight reels) give me the lowdown on Finn O'Sullivan?
I think he has been injured and looked a bit down in the champs game but from a highlights video I saw he looked very smooth.

Looked class on the weekend for Richmond’s vfl team. Fast, break lines and has an awesome side step. Unfortunately won’t make it to our pick

He's been managing a couple of injuries all season, including a finger injury which would affect his ball-winning ability

He dominated U16s and U17s and was the clear no1 pick fav at the start of this year before the injuries. Very good aerobically, great overhead (his point of difference), and just very well-rounded with his skills. Damaging forward of centre as you saw on the weekend but also a great two-way runner. He plays a lot like Walsh + marking ability

If you were to pick a knock on him, it'd be his kicking efficiency I think but even that is still at a very good level

He's been my pick for number 1 all year without changing at all. I rate him ahead of Jagga by a solid margin

Thanks for the replies.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

His highlights from the Richmond vs Sandringham game are about somewhere. He is still not playing at 100% he didnt play any on ball minutes ala Jagga Smith, but some of the things he did in that game were quite special. Because he is two sided he has the ability to find space where other players wouldnt contemplate. He has the knack of taking two steps and being 5 metres away from the chaser. If he were to slide through to us the club would be over the moon.

Last edited:
His highlights from the Richmond vs Sandringham game are about somewhere. He is still not playing at 100% he didnt play any on ball minutes ala Jagga Smith, but some of the things he did in that game were quite special. Because he is two sided he has the ability to find space where other players wouldnt comtemplate. He has the knack of taking two steps and being 5 metres away from the chaser. If he were to slide through to us the club would be over the moon.
We instantly win the draft if he slides to our pick. He's that good

His highlights from the Richmond vs Sandringham game are about somewhere. He is still not playing at 100% he didnt play any on ball minutes ala Jagga Smith, but some of the things he did in that game were quite special. Because he is two sided he has the ability to find space where other players wouldnt comtemplate. He has the knack of taking two steps and being 5 metres away from the chaser. If he were to slide through to us the club would be over the moon.

The full game replay is still up.

With all these elite mids that Essendon have got ... they must be favourites for the Premiership :thumbsu:
Every. Single. Year.

They’ve been the next big thing for 15 years. It’s like a disease.

I even broke out from its plastic cover a 2009 GF footy record - the main article was how Essendon was the next big thing.

It’s unbelievable. Maybe it’s a big club thing and everyone watches them, so they see a good performance from specific players and then that’s the baseline? Or the way that they’ve played for a long while, which is (when they are on) exciting bruise free footy, but they then lose?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every. Single. Year.

They’ve been the next big thing for 15 years. It’s like a disease.

I even broke out from its plastic cover a 2009 GF footy record - the main article was how Essendon was the next big thing.

It’s unbelievable. Maybe it’s a big club thing and everyone watches them, so they see a good performance from specific players and then that’s the baseline? Or the way that they’ve played for a long while, which is (when they are on) exciting bruise free footy, but they then lose?

NqfLmdv.jpeg

CA8c8Ia.jpeg

His highlights from the Richmond vs Sandringham game are about somewhere. He is still not playing at 100% he didnt play any on ball minutes ala Jagga Smith, but some of the things he did in that game were quite special. Because he is two sided he has the ability to find space where other players wouldnt contemplate. He has the knack of taking two steps and being 5 metres away from the chaser. If he were to slide through to us the club would be over the moon.
He actually started in the first CBA over Jagga but copped a knock to his leg early.

Coaches review;

Finn O’Sullivan (12 disposals, 83% disposal efficiency, two goals)

“I was really excited by Finn's game. He looked a class above the level. The really impressive thing from Finn was the fact that he probably could have thrown the towel in after a really heavy knock in the first quarter that reduced his time up the ground and around the footy, but he put his hand up to stay out on the field for the team and just looked really classy with ball in hand, made some really good decisions, and showed his lateral movement and strength in contest. Really exciting to see him step up and match it with senior players at VFL level.”

He actually started in the first CBA over Jagga but copped a knock to his leg early.

Coaches review;

Finn O’Sullivan (12 disposals, 83% disposal efficiency, two goals)

“I was really excited by Finn's game. He looked a class above the level. The really impressive thing from Finn was the fact that he probably could have thrown the towel in after a really heavy knock in the first quarter that reduced his time up the ground and around the footy, but he put his hand up to stay out on the field for the team and just looked really classy with ball in hand, made some really good decisions, and showed his lateral movement and strength in contest. Really exciting to see him step up and match it with senior players at VFL level.”
He’s going 1 isn’t he

What's the story with Smillie? Do we think he'll make it? Has some nice qualities and was thought of as a number one but seems to be sliding. Would we take him?

What's the story with Smillie? Do we think he'll make it? Has some nice qualities and was thought of as a number one but seems to be sliding. Would we take him?
Hard to tell. He'll either be a Patrick Cripps or a Ned Long - who knows. Has a really nice skillset, just lacking the post-contest stuff and potentially the hard work

He's been no1 all year in my book. Some have him dropping but thats because he's been injured for so long. As soon as he plays a full game at even 85% fitness before season's end, he's shooting back up on everyone's board
Exactly the same thoughts on FOS being #1, I don't even think it's all that close. I'm excited by the prospect of him sliding but in reality, no way he gets to us.

Watching Sydney tonight against Essendon. It looks like Sydney has 10 midfielders on the ground, all can win contested ball, clean, has good decision making and skills.. That’s why we should really load up on mids in the draft, no more half back flankers (we have enough already)

Just counted, they have 9.. No wonder they are dominating the competition..
Heeny, Gulden, Mills, Campbell, Rowbottom, Roberts, Jordan, Adams, Parker,

Last edited:
We hope so. I think he has about 70% of the vote on our board. No idea what we will actually do though.

Toce was a very good recruiter for us. He doesn't seem to waste many picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back