2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

He was Vic Metro's MVP playing as an on ball mid ... not sure what more he needs to do ... maybe be his sides best player in a big Finals win in difficult conditions? .... very strange

Has decision making in spades, superb vision, good skills by hand and foot, has a great step and can burst from stoppage when needed (plenty of highlights in other games show he can do it)

Get the feeling that everyone looks at his size and thinks ... nah too small ... won't make it against bigger bodies.

The Kid can play!
Because to me he looks like a winger/flanker type.

There isn’t huge clearance numbers. Looks more like the player you want your extractors to get the ball too.

Hence why I said, he reminds me of a Sidebottom/Dal santo type in the previous few posts

Because to me he looks like a winger/flanker type.

There isn’t huge clearance numbers. Looks more like the player you want your extractors to get the ball too.

Hence why I said, he reminds me of a Sidebottom/Dal santo type in the previous few posts
He plays as a mid, will be drafted as a mid. I can’t see why people are questioning this kid.

This game from Murphy Reid was even better than the already impressive stats suggest. He proved his elite kicking skills by consistently hitting targets on a day that the wind was wreaking havoc with disposal. He managed to find space at times in a finals game where the pressure was ratcheted up several notches. He was swung forward in the final quarter and seemed to be involved in every score as the Dragons put the Jets to the sword.

If Lyon was super critical of Darcy's one over the head handball this season, I'd hate to think of what his thoughts are on this video

I’m glad you said Nicky Dal. Because I did think that in a few clips.

But he reminds me mostly of Sidebottom

He’s got a nimbleness despite his lack of speed. He’s a bit unique IMO. Not sure what he compares to. He has real star quality vibes.

Odd you think you know who I “love” in this draft class.

Is your memory ok? We had a good debate over you defending Smillie as the No 1 pick you rated him that highly. I think mainly because he was the flavour of the month in the media at the time. I have never rated the guy, but just to punish me the club will probably take him. :D

So because I said he has a game that’s not hard to love it means I love Josh Smillie?

I mean if it translates to AFL level the comparison is Cripps. So I don’t imagine many Carlton fans don’t love his game
If he slid to our pick I couldn't pull the trigger quick enough.

Now if we happen to somehow get both Reid and Smillie we would be laughing

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The strong wind made clean passages of play nearly impossible and turned most of this game into a scrap, but Langford thrives in that kind environment. He used his strength and physicality at the contest attacking the ball and the man in equal measure, at times he and James Barrett threatened to turn it into a boxing match. He found a stack of footy as he always does, and hit the scoreboard at crucial times to help his Stingrays to build a lead and take the victory.

Langford just keeps getting it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is your memory ok? We had a good debate over you defending Smillie as the No 1 pick you rated him that highly. I think mainly because he was the flavour of the month in the media at the time. I have never rated the guy, but just to punish me the club will probably take him. :D
I think you have a fundamental issue with how you process things.

My belief is that he should be number one because of what he is. 194cm on baller that at his best is dominating games in midfield and kicking goals up forward.

That doesn’t mean I want to trade up and take him. That doesn’t mean I love him. I’ve actually said he has the biggest ceiling and biggest bust potential.

My favourite 2 players in this draft class are Jagga Smith and Harvey Langford.

If he slid to our pick I couldn't pull the trigger quick enough.

Now if we happen to somehow get both Reid and Smillie we would be laughing

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’m all for best talent available at our pick. I just need one to be a genuine mid.

The combo that would stress me out would be a Trainor and Reid combo.
Highly talented. But do they fix an immediate need?

That’s why we shouldn’t worry about who we end up with. They are all guns. Just quietly, peckett is coming with a bit of a rush as well. We are gonna cash in this draft.

I think you always want to be very deliberate with your picks regardless. There will be guns still at our pick and I hope Dalrymple is working his arse off to get them right.

If Smillie and Reid were both there at 7 & 8 we can finish the midfield build this draft.

Inside/outside mid in Pou, Hugo as a Libba clone, Smilie the extractor and brute and Reid as the outside polish.

Froth

Only if they end up star mids. We thought Hunter Clark, Steele and Hanners was going to be a 5+ year set and forget set up.

I’m all for best talent available at our pick. I just need one to be a genuine mid.

The combo that would stress me out would be a Trainor and Reid combo.
Highly talented. But do they fix an immediate need?
What 18yo draftees are ever gunna magically fix an immediate need?

We are drafting to add to our already impressive youth which are maturing/developing very nicely

Finals next year ... hit the draft again ... exit a few more fringe oldies ... maybe hit FA (ie: LDU) and just keep building

If Smillie and Reid were both there at 7 & 8 we can finish the midfield build this draft.

Inside/outside mid in Pou, Hugo as a Libba clone, Smilie the extractor and brute and Reid as the outside polish.

Froth
If there was a draft I’d ever want us to go balls deep and trade into. Heavily. It might be this one

What 18yo draftees are ever gunna magically fix an immediate need?

We are drafting to add to our already impressive youth which are maturing/developing very nicely

Finals next year ... hit the draft again ... exit a few more fringe oldies ... maybe hit FA (ie: LDU) and just keep building
Our biggest need is our midfield

Imagine walking away with Trainor and Armstrong

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back