2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are Essendon and viewing your future 1st round pick swap offers. Out of Carlton, Port and St Kilda who’s pick do you think has the highest probability of being bottom 10?
I'd rather St Kildas.

But Essendon could be in a position to get both Carltons and Ports for example if they traded 9 for 15/16.

We're going so far down a rabbit hole lol, my initial argument was just that we shouldn't get excited about trading for a 9 just to trade it for 15/16 because I don't think that's a deal GWS will do.

Twomey still doesn’t have him in the definites to go top 8. On TR he said Smith, Lalor, ROS, Langford and Draper are almost certain to go at the very top end. He didn’t mention Ashcroft but obviously he’s up there too. So, still a chance for Smillle to make it to our selections…
Would be huge if Langford is picked before us. Need Melbourne to do us wonders

Having a look at the draft board seems like we have some great options if we just hold our 2 picks. If 1 of Tauru, Armstrong, Reid or Trainor jumps into the top 6, which seems probable we’re flush for 2 quality midfield options. And if Smillie goes into the top 6, one of the other 6 drops out.

Note: not looking for feedback on the order. More to demonstrate the options likely available at our picks.

For what it’s worth my money is on us taking 2 of Smillie/Lindsay/Travaglia.

1 FOS
2 Jagga
3 Tauru
4 Draper
5 Lalor
6 Langford

— Saints options below -
7 Smillie
8 Lindsay
9 Travaglia
10 Armstrong
11 Reid
12 Allan
13 Trainor
14 Hynes
15 Hotton
16 Berry
17 Datolli

Twomey still doesn’t have him in the definites to go top 8. On TR he said Smith, Lalor, FOS, Langford and Draper are almost certain to go at the very top end. He didn’t mention Ashcroft but obviously he’s up there too. So, still a chance for Smillle to make it to our selections…

Would be huge if Langford is picked before us. Need Melbourne to do us wonders

I'm shuttered after that interview I don't think he gets past melb or Richmond now the kid sounds really level headed

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rumours from the weekend are that North absolutely love Tauru.

I reckon they trade down to 6.

1. Fos Richmond
2. Lalor Richmond
3. Jagga Eagles
4. Draper crows
5. Langford/Armstrong Dees
6. Tauru North
7. Smillie Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m a big NO to Smillie his big test was the Championships and he was ordinary to say the least, his kicking was scrappy. I’m all for trying to trade up to grab one of the main midfielders
He identified he had a bad champs he didn't blame injury or form just says he has to work harder on the things he can control really mature lad

I’m a big NO to Smillie his big test was the Championships and he was ordinary to say the least, his kicking was scrappy. I’m all for trying to trade up to grab one of the main midfielders
He doesn't seem to rack it up yet. He averaged 19 a game at championships and 22 or so in the U18s. That's obviously something he needs to work on.

After listening to Rosa I doubt Richmond get pick 2/3. Top picks are very hard to pry away. In that case and noting they also interviewed Smillie I can see them taking FOS/Lalor (1) and Smillie (6) and North take Tauru (2). That would mean one of FOS/Lalor, Smith, Draper or Langford slide to us.

His not getting give and goes either his disposal are mostly contested taking form stoppages or competing in the air

That's something that can be trained at AFL level once he improves his fitness base

There are plenty of areas of improvement for the kid, but he could be a superstar if we develop him properly. Not often do you see a 195.5cm inside midfielder at the top end of the draft. Imo as long as he has the aggression, natural footy IQ, and above average disposal of an inside mid, he's every chance to produce results of greater return than the pick 7-11 we pay for him

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back