Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

As good as that was, 2008 was pure bliss. No one gave Hawks a chance against Geelong.
The most perfect day of footy - every hawk fan was just happy to be there - to win, and win in the way we did - was absolutely the best footy fan experience.

People forget how invincible Geelong were post round 5 2007

What a fantastic day.
Grand Finals can be awesome when your team isn't involved.
You just enjoy the day and all that includes without any fear or pressure.

It's an absolute bonus when you have a great seat in the sun and the team you want to win does it easily.

Well done Fages and his team.
They were very good today.

Their style is fairly similar to Hawthorn's style tbh

Similar. But the hawks tend to go down the wings and attack at all cost

Lions go slow and build up to find an option before breaking.

Teams copying the Lions probably benefits us as teams won't go the quick rebound

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most perfect day of footy - every hawk fan was just happy to be there - to win, and win in the way we did - was absolutely the best footy fan experience.

People forget how invincible Geelong were post round 5 2007 best day
2008 was unquestionably one of the best days of my life. Conversley 2012 one of my worst.

Similar. But the hawks tend to go down the wings and attack at all cost

Lions go slow and build up to find an option before breaking.

Teams copying the Lions probably benefits us as teams won't go the quick rebound
One thing I think the Lions have over the Hawks is that they are a very good marking team all across the ground. But we would have them for pace. Everything else we match up very evenly (both teams have strong intercept marks across half back and dangerous small / medium forwards).

Hawks v Lions would have been a heck of a Grand Final, such a pity we missed our chance with those two posters in the last quarter against Port

Teams seem to follow the teams that win the flag, next year club will be trying to win this way.
I hope teams try to copy the lions style. They move the ball in a controlled manner from the back half. Teams won’t be challenging us with much fast ball movement.

Just need to match Brisbane in contests around the ground and they can’t move the ball at all because of how slow they move it.

Today was a team that was willing to do everything to atone the disappointment of last year VS a team that thought it would probably just happen for them .

Decent bunch of high profile Swans with 2 very poor GFs
Nah I reckon that's too simple - no team rolls out onto grand final thinking it'll be easy - especially when they lost one two years earlier.

Their midfield was just demolished - and they don't have a second tier midfield to roll through.

They've been playing Warner off a forward flank which is a nice weapon but they just don't have depth to take heeny and/or Warner out - especailly when they're getting beaten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back