2024 Fixture

Did the AFL actually compensate us in the fixture for last year's finals debacle?

• Sort of - Better difficulty, but commercial fixture as expected or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait.

What am I missing?

Opening round 4 matches only, then next week, round 1 - all teams play?

Does this mean the premiership ladder will be skewed until all teams have played the same number of games?

Oh, and I can't wait for Port to be top of the premiership table after getting Eagles in the first round at home. LOL. They'll be lining up for September flight tickets to Melbourne.

Wait.

What am I missing?

Does this mean the premiership ladder will be skewed until all teams have played the same number of games?

Oh, and I can't wait for Port to be top of the premiership table after getting Eagles in the first round at home. LOL. They'll be lining up for September flight tickets to Melbourne.
Yes. Skewed ladder. Ridiculous.

Wait.

What am I missing?

Where you been? Its been everywhere in the news and online. this is the AFLS Round Zero. lol.

Those teams will have a bye later on to even up the matches

Wait.

What am I missing?

my assumption is that the teams play in week 1 will have a bye in week 2, and round 1 will be concluded in week two with the remaining teams

but that is just a guess

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rough guesses

Round 1 Kick off at home v cats

Week 2 away … I’d say GC or another NON - VC team away
Huh? We aren’t playing at home in round one, it’s looking like it will be the Suns away. Our first home game in round 2 will be at home, I’m assuming against maybe Collingwood or Carlton.

my assumption is that the teams play in week 1 will have a bye in week 2, and round 1 will be concluded in week two with the remaining teams

but that is just a guess

The eight teams that play in the Opening Round will then have a bye between rounds two and six, with all 18 teams in the competition having played the same number of games by the beginning of round seven.

The eight teams that play in the Opening Round will then have a bye between rounds two and six, with all 18 teams in the competition having played the same number of games by the beginning of round seven.

so if a team that has had a bye in the first round plays a team that played in round 1 then the team that played in round 1 will have a significant advantage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would It be any different to playing them or Brisbane at home in qld?

The result maybe not but the conditions were alot more unique in NT. We don't spend the breaks in ice rooms in QLD during the middle of the year.

Given they had played a game there and been training for the week I thought it was a huge disadvantage for us, more so than just a home ground.

The dopiest thing about this Opening Round is this.

I get the idea of playing the 4 games in NSW & Qld to try and get a leg up while the NRL in Las Vegas. Fine.

But then the AFL just has to have all 4 opposition teams from Victoria. They couldn't dare have a non-Vic team involved.

I hate to say it, but Port deserve to be there, and they should be playing Brisbane. They have been near the top for 4 years, and their games against Brisbane are usually good ones. They also have a history with their only flag being against Brisbane. But no. They need to play Carlton.

And Sydney had to play Melbourne. That team that is falling apart with its drinking, drug and gambling culture. They couldn't put us there. We would have more fans in Sydney than Melbourne have. A Swans v Crows game would have added spice based on last years game.

But no, they need to play Melbourne.

But then the AFL just has to have all 4 opposition teams from Victoria. They couldn't dare have a non-Vic team involved.
the "Opening Round" is more about the victorian clubs involved, not the non victorian ones

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Fixture

Back