Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We can trade the dogs pick to dogs if we get it from Suns. No restriction.

The Suns can't trade it back to Dogs as it was direct trade. There is restriction on that.
I’m pretty sure the Suns can trade it back Dogs now.

Not being able to trade picks straight back should only be relevant to the trade period it was traded.

No way eagles do that.
If North had given them picks 2 and 3 for pick 1 last year they would have likely used one of those on him.

I don’t think there’s a better WA talent in this years draft (haven’t followed closely so might be wrong) and Freo have 3x first rounders which I’m sure they’d be willing to deal with to get Curtin home for 2025 if Eagles wanted to play hardball.

It’s a no brainer for the Eagles. Maybe they can get some steak knives to make them feel like big winners but in principle their first or F1 would be a fair deal.

If North had given them picks 2 and 3 for pick 1 last year they would have likely used one of those on him.

I don’t think there’s a better WA talent in this years draft (haven’t followed closely so might be wrong) and Freo have 3x first rounders which I’m sure they’d be willing to deal with to get Curtin home for 2025 if Eagles wanted to play hardball.

It’s a no brainer for the Eagles. Maybe they can get some steak knives to make them feel like big winners but in principle their first or F1 would be a fair deal.
They’ve got leverage now. Why pay top dollar?

They’ve got leverage now. Why pay top dollar?
They don’t really have that much leverage right now though. In fact, providing Crows don’t get spooked I’d go as far to say they don’t have any leverage.

They don’t really have that much leverage right now though. In fact, providing Crows don’t get spooked I’d go as far to say they don’t have any leverage.
Crows have an unhappy player that wants out and whose value will continue to diminish if he doesn’t play and play well. That can be leveraged. Sure crows can keep him and ask a ridiculous price, but hard to see how that really benefits them. Meanwhile west coast just wait.

Crows have an unhappy player that wants out and whose value will continue to diminish if he doesn’t play and play well. That can be leveraged. Sure crows can keep him and ask a ridiculous price, but hard to see how that really benefits them. Meanwhile west coast just wait.
Or Adelaide say to Curtin you stay or you can go play for Fremantle. Fremantle are well stocked with first rounders this year.

Disaster for Adelaide if true.

Again, if true, it makes me thankful we didn't trade back up for him as it could have been us in this position.
We were only trading back in to grab O’Sullivan, as the coach wanted him more than Curtin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or Adelaide say to Curtin you stay or you can go play for Fremantle. Fremantle are well stocked with first rounders this year.
Ultimately the player decides the destination but if he does choose freo, it’d be for one of their late first rounders. Which goes back to the point he won’t net Adelaide pick 3.

Finn Callaghan will be a superstar. Giants not letting him go. Giants just waiting for COLA to kick back in and he will be on a long term thumper.
Isn’t COLA only being spoken about in the soft cap?

Disaster for Adelaide if true.

Again, if true, it makes me thankful we didn't trade back up for him as it could have been us in this position.
Don't think it's that big of a disaster, they will get very decent trade value for him. They can play hardball if they want and Freo has multiple firsts that they can use to pay up

A top 15 pick is probably overs for Smith really… He’s coming off an ACL and wasn’t really in great form prior to that- also has a history of behavioural issues…

2nd rd pick should be the starting point and work from there - you reckon Geelong would just roll over and cough up their best picks??
Think we need to bargain hard if he nominates us… they’ll have to trade him if he wants out…
He doesn’t have a history of behavioural issues. I can’t stand hearing this repeated garbage. If you’re referring to him having a line of coke then 90% of the comp have behavioural issues.

its a slow morning, so have had a go at the EOY changes. This is not necessarily my wish list, but purely looking at the list and the fact changes need to be made. We need to remove 7 players and add 5 because we have already added Phillips and Scaife. I believe they have contracts for 2025. I haven't included Butler as he is contracted and injured, but can see him potentially moving on if any interest externally. Bennetts is also another outside the list but do we keep?

Draft picks are estimated based on current/forecast positions and FS/Academy. Finally, it's a hypothetical, so don't get emotional.
OUT:
7 players
Delisted :​
Stephens, Tucker, O’Sullivan
Trade:​
Morrison (north pick 44), Wingard (port pick 66), DGB (WCE pick 39)
Retire:​
Bruest
Picks :​
Pick 9 (hawks) and pick 66 (port) to Dogs for Smith
Pick upgrade:​
pick 39 and 46 out for pick 31 upgrade
pick 44 and 65 for pick 40 upgrade
IN:
Pick 66 (port), pick 44 (north)
Battle (FA), Smith (pick 9 & 66)
pick 30 (pies 2nd rnd), pick 31 (as above). Pick 40 (as above)
Final Result:
Out
in
1​
Stephens​
Battle​
2​
DGB​
Smith​
3​
Bruest​
Pick 30​
4​
Morrison​
Pick 31​
5​
Tucker​
Pick 40​
6​
Osullivan​
Scaife​
7​
Wingard​
Phillips​
O’Sullivan? Dafaq?

He’s been awesome when fit.

its a slow morning, so have had a go at the EOY changes. This is not necessarily my wish list, but purely looking at the list and the fact changes need to be made. We need to remove 7 players and add 5 because we have already added Phillips and Scaife. I believe they have contracts for 2025. I haven't included Butler as he is contracted and injured, but can see him potentially moving on if any interest externally. Bennetts is also another outside the list but do we keep?

Draft picks are estimated based on current/forecast positions and FS/Academy. Finally, it's a hypothetical, so don't get emotional.
OUT:
7 players
Delisted :​
Stephens, Tucker, O’Sullivan
Trade:​
Morrison (north pick 44), Wingard (port pick 66), DGB (WCE pick 39)
Retire:​
Bruest
Picks :​
Pick 9 (hawks) and pick 66 (port) to Dogs for Smith
Pick upgrade:​
pick 39 and 46 out for pick 31 upgrade
pick 44 and 65 for pick 40 upgrade
IN:
Pick 66 (port), pick 44 (north)
Battle (FA), Smith (pick 9 & 66)
pick 30 (pies 2nd rnd), pick 31 (as above). Pick 40 (as above)
Final Result:
Out
in
1​
Stephens​
Battle​
2​
DGB​
Smith​
3​
Bruest​
Pick 30​
4​
Morrison​
Pick 31​
5​
Tucker​
Pick 40​
6​
Osullivan​
Scaife​
7​
Wingard​
Phillips​
Can we trade wingard ?

Pretty sure he's a FA

A top 15 pick is probably overs for Smith really… He’s coming off an ACL and wasn’t really in great form prior to that- also has a history of behavioural issues…

2nd rd pick should be the starting point and work from there - you reckon Geelong would just roll over and cough up their best picks??
Think we need to bargain hard if he nominates us… they’ll have to trade him if he wants out…

Sorry but that is rubbish.

It's not 2005, an ACL isnt career ending any more and Smith is one of the most diligent trainers out there.

If the dogs accept our 1st round pick we take it and run.

He instantly makes us a much, much better side.

I'm not even going to bother with the comment on his 'behavioural issues'

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back