Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but that is rubbish.

It's not 2005, an ACL isnt career ending any more and Smith is one of the most diligent trainers out there.

If the dogs accept our 1st round pick we take it and run.

He instantly makes us a much, much better side.

I'm not even going to bother with the comment on his 'behavioural issues'
Disagree, don't think makes us "much, much better side".. a bit better for sure and that is worth as late 1st round or early 2nd at best.

So I am with RM.

Who is he replacing in current midfield and we need to compare with their projected 2025 potential.

If Dogs want I am happy to swap Ward for Smith, reluctantly. I feel Ward is on verge of breakout in 2025.

Don't think it's that big of a disaster, they will get very decent trade value for him. They can play hardball if they want and Freo has multiple firsts that they can use to pay up

Yeah it's not great when they pulled off such a big move to go up and take him, only to have him want to leave halfway through the season (again, if true). It's a real kick in the guts.

Sorry but that is rubbish.

It's not 2005, an ACL isnt career ending any more and Smith is one of the most diligent trainers out there.

If the dogs accept our 1st round pick we take it and run.

He instantly makes us a much, much better side.

I'm not even going to bother with the comment on his 'behavioural issues'

100% you find a way to get the deal done. We are not trying to recruit a 28 year old looking for a retirement fund.

He will be 23 so you just find a way.

Re the devils dandruff, he was one of the ones that got caught. It happens everywhere.

Does everyone here think we’ll actually land Bailey smith?

Yeah it's not great when they pulled off such a big move to go up and take him, only to have him want to leave halfway through the season (again, if true). It's a real kick in the guts.
11+15+Future second for Curtin and Pick 17

Paying a future second to move up 3 spots in the draft is a big price to pay. Probably should have traded for the Eagles Future First.

I'm notoriously pessimistic when it comes to bringing talent across.

I genuinely believe we make the most sense though.

Looks like he'd fit in with our group.
Fits our age profile.
On an upward trajectory, which you could argue Collingwood and Geelong aren't.
We can probably offer the most money.
Was a Hawks nuffie growing up, and that appears to mean something to our recruiting team and players we're seeking out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People devaluing Smith have pretty short memories of Sicily...

People drastically overvaluing our player’s trade value and undervaluing any opposition player we are into is evergreen here. I got told so many times last year that Kosi was worth a second rounder. Now people expect that same price for Smith. It’s bizarre.

Hell Yeah Yes GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

View attachment 2010699

Hasn’t logged in for over 8 months - I don’t like your chances.
Some say KeeperLeaguer is the driving force behind our on-field resurgence. Others think he's the brains behind our recent recruitment wins.

A guy I know from the pub went to school with someone who claims to have met him once - said he's probably the one responsible for the dramatic improvements of Frost & Meek, as well as sending Hardwick forward.

I guess we'll never know... :shrug:

I don’t find anything solid that Smith is coming to us. Lot of talk in the industry that Geelong and Collingwood are into him in a big way. I not sure how much weight I would put on the fact that he was a Hawthorn supporter in being a major factor in him coming to us. Who really knows outside of our inner sanctum. I am sure that many discussions are already underway with many potential candidates. Time will tell.

john curtain try and live in adelaide for more than 5 months challenge (impossible)

Hey I once spent a really lovely day in Adelaide. Granted I had nothing to do the rest of the week I was there - but that one day was nice.

Some say KeeperLeaguer is the driving force behind our on-field resurgence. Others think he's the brains behind our recent recruitment wins.

A guy I know from the pub went to school with someone who claims to have met him once - said he's probably the one responsible for the dramatic improvements of Frost & Meek, as well as sending Hardwick forward.

I guess we'll never know... :shrug:
what a joke!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back