Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

...and just when I think you couldnt get a stupider post there it comes. Dropping CJ would be a dreadful decision. Systems and structures are essential but when you get to the pointy end when you're playing teams with great systems and structures sometimes it takes individual moments of outrageous flair to break that open. CJ is one of the few who have it in our team. To ditch him is ridiculous,.he'd end up at a team like Geelong or Sydney and be the icing for them instead of us.

I am not so sure. The same pathway as Calsher is what I am told. Calsher is on track to being a good player by start of 2025
Calsher is performing a role for us and his development has been incredible. But he is not performing at the level of a high quality key forward. Mitch Lewis, when fit, is comfortably a better player than Calsher.

Will McCabe may be able to perform admirably next year, but no-one at HFC will be expecting him to be anywhere near what Josh Battle is producing now. If they did, they wouldn’t be trying to sign him.

I am not saying he is not, but the development in him is significant. Another preseason and watch him bloom! We want him to be very good and then we are step closer to winning the flag.
As I have said before, let’s hope Will McCabe is on the same runway and then we have real issues, but very good ones.
By 2026 will be elite!

Calsher is performing a role for us and his development has been incredible. But he is not performing at the level of a high quality key forward. Mitch Lewis, when fit, is comfortably a better player than Calsher.

Will McCabe may be able to perform admirably next year, but no-one at HFC will be expecting him to be anywhere near what Josh Battle is producing now. If they did, they wouldn’t be trying to sign him.
This. People are letting a little success get to their heads here. Are they blindly forgetting how long it took quality key defenders across the league to develop the strength, fitness and game smarts to perform at an AFL standard every week? It’s generally not a sprint for key defs, ours included. Let alone one who hasn’t played a single game of even VFL yet. How’s DGB going? If you think it’s likely McCabe can come in and play at a Josh Battle level in near future, I’m not sure what to say. We need realistic options, not blind faith.

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

anyone heard of this guys before? Collingwood supporter is saying he’s usually on the money. View attachment 2017915
Have a source VERY close to the man in question. end of last year hawks were likely. currently the enemy down the highway more likely due to obvious social outcomes of living in Geelong due to his status and that their midfield will be his. obviously decision not made yet. collingwood never really strong suitors.
Reading past threads i know how skeptical some are of new posters and their info so believe it if you wish, if you don't fair enough. either way trade period is 4 months where any decision can be made!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a source VERY close to the man in question. end of last year hawks were likely. currently the enemy down the highway more likely due to obvious social outcomes of living in Geelong due to his status and that their midfield will be his. obviously decision not made yet. collingwood never really strong suitors.
Reading past threads i know how skeptical some are of new posters and their info so believe it if you wish, if you don't fair enough. either way trade period is 4 months where any decision can be made!
How the faghhhhh anyone who barracked for Hawthorn could even consider signing up to the homesick-whinging umpire-badgering numb nuts from Sleepy fughing Hollow is beyond me

Faffs one of the worst people on X
troll

No fact behind him
He basically posts any truth to the rumor...and then says something that hes heard somewhere but has no substance to it.

It means he cant be called out for making stuff up as he is claiming it is a rumor but it gets people to comment on his posts

Blatant fishing

Geelong beating us out to Smith would be a huge blow.

They’d be after someone who would be best 22 for them, and there’s a few at BH excluding the obvious keepers in Watson, Ward, McCabe, and HH. Serong is the obvious, but DGB, Phillips, Chad, and Morrison all walk in to their 22 next year.

Morrison would step straight into Bramble's role

I don’t think his ego is that tied up in being the main man that he will go and join that sinking ship.

They’ve got Carlton, Essendon, us, Collingwood, and the dogs up next. I would not be surprised if they drop all of them and miss the finals. By then it’s going to be a tough sell.

Geelong beating us out to Smith would be a huge blow.
As a free agent it would be. Happy to keep a 1st round pick if he chooses the club he would have hated as a kid! Already looking to find more room in the midfield rotations for Mackenzie, Ward and Weddle next year and beyond. If he wants to be a staple midfielder the Cats makes more sense.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
I’m hoping it turns into a James Frawley situation where, eventually out of nowhere he nominates us.
If not swings and round about a and we go onto our next target(s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back