Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think his ego is that tied up in being the main man that he will go and join that sinking ship.

They’ve got Carlton, Essendon, us, Collingwood, and the dogs up next. I would not be surprised if they drop all of them and miss the finals. By then it’s going to be a tough sell.

Cats have the fourth easiest draw for the rest of the season, behind us in 3rd.

You know, people who are complaining at suggestions we use depth to improve our list were probably upset about guys like Savage being moved on. I really like Huss for example, but our midfield is a tough unit to break into at the moment so if we could leverage him into a player we needed more I'd be okay with it.

6 weeks ago I would’ve been pissed to hear Smith wanting to Geelong but not now. With Day back has made me remember how good our kids are. Save a million dollars and keep our pick 10. Battle is the important one now, it will allow Weddle to play midfield/forward and that’s exciting as anything

The more I hear about smith going to cats and Collingwood the more I think his coming to us 😂

Rumour season is only just starting

What will be will be…. Last year we thought McKay was coming and ended up with Jack Ginnivan, Gunston and Chol. I wouldn’t change a thing now. The turn out was way better than we would hope.

The internal growth in this group is strong and plenty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 weeks ago I would’ve been pissed to hear Smith wanting to Geelong but not now. With Day back has made me remember how good our kids are. Save a million dollars and keep our pick 10. Battle is the important one now, it will allow Weddle to play midfield/forward and that’s exciting as anything

To me, makes total sense from Baz point of view. Geelong's midfield veterans are all falling off a cliff, with little real like-for-like quality to replace them. Baz could easily see a spot directly in the center for the next 10 years.

For Hawks, that spot is not as easy to see, and if I were in his shoes - could easily think that he could slip into another pure outside role, instead of a more inside role, which is apparently what he wants. I think he would add quality and knock someone out of our midfield mix - but it definitely feels more competitive.

Just depends whether he wants the clear job security or is confident to back himself in to win the position.

As in the recent Hawks podcast between Gunners and Breust - Gunston was worried in the year leading up to his trade to us, as he saw Breust get dropped from a stacked forward line. So he questioned how he could fit in. But backed himself in to be good enough aaaaand the rest is history.

Perhaps Baz will do the same - although our mid is not as stacked as our old forward line was ala Buddy, Roughie, Cyril...GODS WE WERE STRONG THEN!

...and just when I think you couldnt get a stupider post there it comes. Dropping CJ would be a dreadful decision. Systems and structures are essential but when you get to the pointy end when you're playing teams with great systems and structures sometimes it takes individual moments of outrageous flair to break that open. CJ is one of the few who have it in our team. To ditch him is ridiculous,.he'd end up at a team like Geelong or Sydney and be the icing for them instead of us.
And the guy he proposed would be coming in for him is currently a significantly better player, take a breath.

You know, people who are complaining at suggestions we use depth to improve our list were probably upset about guys like Savage being moved on. I really like Huss for example, but our midfield is a tough unit to break into at the moment so if we could leverage him into a player we needed more I'd be okay with it.
I remember so many people were adamant that losing Jed Anderson was going to be a huge regret. Huss has some nice tools and COULD develop in to a very nice player, he is so far from an untouchable trade piece though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back