Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the allegations of medical malpractice and the subsequent impact on mental health (ptsd) wouldn’t the greater threat be to challenge the club and the afl of the risk of greater mental health concerns if he stays in that environment?

TRAC is good mates with that thief (legally) Ben Simmons. I expect him to be unfit mentally to play whilst at the Dees. They will be paying him a mil a year to sit on the sidelines.

Anyone remember the Mckay fiasco last year.

3 clubs (swans hawks Bombers) posturing for months and thinking they had him all driving his “media value” up.

As the season comes to an end one of those teams pulls out of the race- Sydney.

Media frenzy for weeks…… Bombers or Hawks, back and forth who was leading the race blah blah blah.

Kangas pretending to be upset they are losing a “key defender” boo hoo knowing all the time they are getting pick 3 in the draft for him leaving and laughing all the way to the bank.

Plenty more posturing to play out here ladies and gents with old mate Josh Battle.

If the Hawks are being played here again, I hope we pull the pin and walk away as he is not even worth 850k a year we are offering.

Battle is gone from saints. If he was staying eh would have signed weeks ago and taken injury risk in final rounds off the table. Whether he goes to hawks is diff story but he surely won't be staying at Aints

Group chat anyone?
send rafael nadal GIF by Tennis TV

Absolutely need something like this, ITK given access to post anonymously without tossers ruining for the poor plebs that enjoy hearing what going on inside the club.

It used the be the Shhhhhhhhhhhhh thread.
If it was in there, it was pretty credible.

Absolutely need something like this, ITK given access to post anonymously without tossers ruining for the poor plebs that enjoy hearing what going on inside the club.
sad thing that its needed...how about everyone who comes here for the updates just act like the rest of us and be thankful for the information and respect the person giving it?

cant be that hard

All things being equal, what I fail to understand out of all this is how the hell can someone be torn between playing for St Kilda or Hawthorn?
developed relationships with the playing group and the club...so it is do I stay loyal to my mates or go and obviously make new ones

All things being equal, what I fail to understand out of all this is how the hell can someone be torn between playing for St Kilda or Hawthorn?

Really? You reckon it's easy for him to decide to leave the club that drafted and developed him into the player he is. Where he has great mates. Where he feels an obvious sense of loyalty. A club that is offering him great money to stay too. It's a career defining decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? You reckon it's easy for him to decide to leave the club that drafted and developed him into the player he is. Where he has great mates. Where he feels an obvious sense of loyalty. A club that is offering him great money to stay too. It's a career defining decision.
Occam's Razor. Never lets you down. Simplest answer is usually the correct one.

Saints match the money. Saints match the years. What else is he leaving for? Success?

This is why i think he stays.

Sure but you don't decide that, the club does. And from all reports, a deal has probably been made in principle which means that both sides are happy. Whether that's a first rounder plus a bit of change or not will, we'll have to wait.

Clearly both sides are not miles off it.

I’m not sure what you mean by change but to me that’s 3rd round pics and lower. Two first rounders for Barrass is insanity. That’s all I’m saying. Imagine if we had traded for him last year, we wouldn’t have picked up Watson who will give us 15+ years of service. My position is that if we can bring in Barrass and Battle for a first rounder it’s a good result.

the only thing that stands out to me is how pathetic St Kilda have behaved yet again.
matching the offer from Hawthorn says only one thing to me: " hey Josh, we were trying to screw you to a cheaper contract, for less money than your market value, but now we will reluctantly have to pay you what you are worth"
Dumb dickheads both run and coach that club.
Wait till they do an about-face and recruit that loose cannon Tarryn Thomas lols

The HFC is “not surprised” in the “latest saga in the Battle deal”. We will make an offer commensurate with Compo one, or what we think will get StKilda the necessary compo”.
That said,
If we get him, we get him. The Club has acted professionally which is all we can ask for.

The HFC is “not surprised” in the “latest saga in the Battle deal”. We will make an offer commensurate with Compo one, or what we think will get StKilda the necessary compo”.
That said,
If we get him, we get him. The Club has acted professionally which is all we can ask for.
We aren’t going to be making counter offers this late.

It’s done, and was clearly done when he asked to run through the banner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back