Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d be staggered if we aren’t going very hard at LDU. A starting midfield of Day, Newk and LDU would be a thing of beauty. As Matthew Lloyd said, if you’re a free agent, you’d go to Hawthorn. Get it done Roughy!!!
Serong or ldu?

Last edited:
I’d be staggered if we aren’t going very hard at LDU. A starting midfield of Day, Newk and LDU would be a thing of beauty. As Matthew Lloyd said, if you’re a free agent, you’d go to Hawthorn. Get it done Roughy!!!
We miss out on Smith than we will probably have a crack at LDU next year unless we give up two first round picks this year.

Last edited:
Osmium has nothing on the stupidity of Spinal Tap.......
Actually spinal tap is quite brilliant. When Nigel Tuffnel (Chrstopher Guest) holds up his hands and says "eleven" this was a prelude to a movie that came out many years later. Rob Reiner who played Marty DiBergi and also directed Spinal tap, directed another movie 5 years or so later called "The Princess Bride" In this movie, Christopher Guest also plays a role, he plays Count Rugen who happens to have 6 fingers on one hand. Having a total of eleven fingers.

Now how brilliant would you have to be to foresee that coming years out from the making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually spinal tap is quite brilliant. When Nigel Tuffnel (Chrstopher Guest) holds up his hands and says "eleven" this was a prelude to a movie that came out many years later. Rob Reiner who played Marty DiBergi and also directed Spinal tap, directed another movie 5 years or so later called "The Princess Bride" In this movie, Christopher Guest also plays a role, he plays Count Rugen who happens to have 6 fingers on one hand. Having a total of eleven fingers.

Now how brilliant would you have to be to foresee that coming years out from the making.
I am fully aware of how awesome the movie is and all the connections with the Princess Bride. However, the band are a bunch of idiots, you know, they are dense......

I am fully aware of how awesome the movie is and all the connections with the Princess Bride. However, the band are a bunch of idiots, you know, they are dense......
images tap GIF

Is this 100%. The silence on an extension feels deafening.
If there's no announcement on a re-signing this week then the jungle drums will certainly start banging louder. I for one will be disappointed if we don't snag him because even though it feels like we don't need him atm I think that's been due to our good run of health down back over the last 8 or so rounds. Keep in mind this did include Sic going down with a shoulder and Easy hurting his knee. Battle whilst not a KPD is very versatile. Anyways all we can do is wait and see.

If there's no announcement on a re-signing this week then the jungle drums will certainly start banging louder. I for one will be disappointed if we don't snag him because even though it feels like we don't need him atm I think that's been due to our good run of health down back over the last 8 or so rounds. Keep in mind this did include Sic going down with a shoulder and Easy hurting his knee. Battle whilst not a KPD is very versatile. Anyways all we can do is wait and see.
If he does stay, this could actually be why he does. Looks at how the list is playing with Frost, Scrimshaw, Weddle and Sicily playing oversized most of the time, knowing that Blanck, McCabe etc are all coming back fit to start next year and possibly wondering what his role would be in that side while looking at StKilda knowing full well that he has a starting key defender spot locked in.

Not saying he wouldnt if he signed with Hawthorn, more that it might be more comfortable to him to stay knowing

The Bailey Smith speculation thread is sounding eerily similar to the threads where we thought we had Cogs, Shiel or Whitfield. By this I mean the Geelong posters sound very very similar to what our posters sounded like where one of them was sure that we were getting one the aforementioned free agents and then the rest then started all talking themselves into believing it too. Is this just me or has anyone else started to get the same feeling from that thread?

Either way if this is the case then maybe the outcome turns in our favour this time. I for one with Cogs and Whitfield will put my hand up in admitting that I was sure we were getting them but I don't have the same feeling with Baz.

The Bailey Smith speculation thread is sounding eerily similar to the threads where we thought we had Cogs, Shiel or Whitfield. By this I mean the Geelong posters sound very very similar to what our posters sounded like where one of them was sure that we were getting one the aforementioned free agents and then the rest then started all talking themselves into believing it too. Is this just me or has anyone else started to get the same feeling from that thread?

Either way if this is the case then maybe the outcome turns in our favour this time. I for one with Cogs and Whitfield will put my hand up in admitting that I was sure we were getting them but I don't have the same feeling with Baz.

I don't think I've ever expected to get a player. I remember actively hoping we wouldn't get players by the time we tried to swoop in and steal Jake Carlise from St.Kilda.

Probably the closest was Karl Amon to be fair. Saints fans were confident they were landing him because his Mum worked at the club. I thought that was confirmation that he WOULDN'T end up there, and we were pretty much the only other club strongly linked at the time.

I don't think I've ever expected to get a player. I remember actively hoping we wouldn't get players by the time we tried to swoop in and steal Jake Carlise from St.Kilda.

Probably the closest was Karl Amon to be fair. Saints fans were confident they were landing him because his Mum worked at the club. I thought that was confirmation that he WOULDN'T end up there, and we were pretty much the only other club strongly linked at the time.
Frawley linked to Cats the whole way. No one saw us coming.

I recall he was linked to us from the start of the year. We were commonly included in the “one of a number of other clubs interested” reporting. Then it died down late in the season and then next thing we knew he was wearing brown and gold.

That's what I'm trying to say here TD. Not many of us if any thought we we're going to land Chip and then boom we snagged him. With other FA that I mentioned there was strong mail from various ITKs that had them coming to us but they didn't. This could mean many things and the result could very well turn out the same way (not landing him) but if anything this one feels a little different.

Generally the players manager will let things slip to push up his value by getting teams to bid against each other and in the past with the FA I mentioned, our name seemed to be getting thrown around an awful lot but not so much this time. Media wise it has been Cats, Pies and then us. I know some of our ITKs have said it's down to the Cats and us but this one hasn't sounded like we're being used to up Baz's value. I guess just like Battle we just have to wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back