Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To meet the minimum list requirements I'm expecting we will lose a couple of depth players through trades.
Reeves, Serong, Maginness, Morrison (UFA) would be the names that could find new homes. (Potentially 2 of the 4 elsewhere)

As far as value goes, we have to be realistic about the worth of our depth players.

Individually, Finn, Reeves and Serong would be worth around the pick 35-45 range. (Best case scenario)
If Morrison leaves we don't get any compensation, as the Josh Battle acquisition would cancel that out.

I wouldn't begrudge any of our fringe players if they took better offers elsewhere. It's the nature of the business.

I'm not sure if we will be making any other moves outside of Battle and Barrass, but I would love to add another marking forward option to our list.

As for another A-grade midfielder, Cam Mackenzie will be that guy very soon.
That fwd could end being Sicily.

Cam rayner 👀
With Rayner his best is incredible and his worst is terrible and he spends more time at his worst than his best. At his best he tears games apart but he can’t do it for more than a few games a year. We’d be gambling on him ever getting fit enough to do it.

He’s averaged 15.3 disp, 1.2 G’s, 0.8 GA’s and 5.5 score involvements.

He’s statistically worse and at best similar to Moore (19.5 disp, 1.4 G’s, 1.3 GA’s and 7.2 SI’s), MacDonald (17.4 disp, 1.1 G’s, 0.6 GA’s and 6.2 SI’s) and Ginnivan (16.5 disp, 1.2 G’s, 0.6 GA’s and 5.8 SI’s)

To meet the minimum list requirements I'm expecting we will lose a couple of depth players through trades.
Reeves, Serong, Maginness, Morrison (UFA) would be the names that could find new homes. (Potentially 2 of the 4 elsewhere)

As far as value goes, we have to be realistic about the worth of our depth players.

Individually, Finn, Reeves and Serong would be worth around the pick 35-45 range. (Best case scenario)
If Morrison leaves we don't get any compensation, as the Josh Battle acquisition would cancel that out.

I wouldn't begrudge any of our fringe players if they took better offers elsewhere. It's the nature of the business.

I'm not sure if we will be making any other moves outside of Battle and Barrass, but I would love to add another marking forward option to our list.

As for another A-grade midfielder, Cam Mackenzie will be that guy very soon.

Squads win premierships happy to hold Serong and Maginness to thier contracts. Personally I’d add another year to both of there deals.

If a club wants Maginness or Serong pay overs as we have no need to move them on.

Plenty of others to move on at the end of 2025.

Squads win premierships happy to hold Serong and Maginness to thier contracts. Personally I’d add another year to both of there deals.

If a club wants Maginness or Serong pay overs as we have no need to move them on.

Plenty of others to move on at the end of 2025.

I agree, no salary cap problems. Go into 2025 as strong as possible while Gunner and Bruest are around.

The competition seems so even

The way we’re walking away Bailey Smith and Harry Perryman, makes me think we have another player secured for 2024.

No inside info, just reviewing what we do know … Which is we’ve walked away from two players who seem keen.

The way we’re walking away Bailey Smith and Harry Perryman, makes me think we have another player secured for 2024.

No inside info, just reviewing what we do know … Which is we’ve walked away from two players who seem keen.
How and when did Bailey Smith “seem keen”?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear god you’re one of them! Source is here ! Read the thread
Okay - so BigFooty is your source.

About as reliable as the Daily Mail and Russian state media.

Bailey Smith and his management never indicated a preference to move from the Bulldogs to Hawthorn.

I know that for a fact.

Okay - so BigFooty is your source.

About as reliable as the Daily Mail and Russian state media.

Bailey Smith and his management never indicated a preference to move from the Bulldogs to Hawthorn.

I know that for a fact.
I know for a fact that he wanted to move to us last year as late as early this year. We then went very cold on him and so him and his management moved to other options.

This is what shits me we accept what clubs have to get a player where they want to go then we can't get other deals done because we accepted less on a deal.
I understand what you’re saying but we are the most successful team of the last 60 years, Essendon drive a hard bargain and haven’t done anything for near 25 years. While more for who we let go and less for who we bring in would always be welcomed I don’t think anyone can doubt our systems, tactics and procedures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back