Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

12 months ago I was convinced he was coming to us and pretty much a done deal. So much of a done deal that we nearly did it last year but we waited knowing he'd be out of contract and also that we really didn't want to trade our first rounder as we were keen on Watson, and knew the dogs were too.

I'm not sure what's sparked the more recent rumours other than no official comment from Smith, but that makes it seem less likely to me as Barrass declared us so there it was. It may just be that Geelong prefer he didn't say anything in case they have other things come up or they can't get it done. But it's pretty obvious that he's heading there and media have been convinced.

Smiths management are very sharp operators.

They know the framework of any deal with Geelong involving cotton on to help get him over and cover his salary outside of the cap needs to be approved by the AFL.

No point coming out and saying “make me a cat” until the deal is ticked off by HQ.

Baz will be a 🐈.

Was told this 3 months ago by someone close to the situation.

Amazing how differently this was handled compared to WCE.

You couldn't ask for anymore from the club and player. Barrass speech and the club for allowing him to speak was all class.
One club win premierships the other battles to be relevant

WC have been a shambles on field for awhile but always get the feeling they rock solid off it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Saints thread where they were watching the live stream of the BnF makes for some interesting reading. Salty is an understatement not just from the fans but the club too.
Had a flick through. Battle finishing 3rd in their B&F indicates he was committed to them this season. That fact seems to be lost on most of them who would rather label him a traitor who never cared for their club.

One poster who seemed to have ITK info saying the difference in total money from the Saints first offer (before they knew we were in the frame) and their last offer (the one attempting to bait us into getting them band 1 compo) was $2M.

Perryman has chosen Pies.
Another bog average plodder at the Pies.

Plotting Episode 4 GIF by The Simpsons

I’m surprised the Aints didn’t rig the count so Battle didn’t feature anywhere

Probably the opposite with no disrespect to Battle. They probably think that the player's B&F placing is tied into the AFL's secret herbs and spices FA compensation formula.

Perryman would have been a nice acquisition but not for the reported price. I’m also unconvinced we could have offered him meaningful midfield minutes given the logjam we have with Mackenzie/Ward.

Collingwood sounds like the best deal for him. Best salary and a guaranteed midfield role.

I watched him closely over the last 10 weeks and he really didn’t do much to stand out. Just a solid role player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back