Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I very rarely read other club boards, however the posts on the Battle backlash tempted me read the Aints b&f thread. The posters supporting the president’s negative uninspiring speech highlights the club’s loser victim mentality.
One post really caught my eye:
Callum Wilkie was born to be a premiership player. I believe he will be”
I was so tempted to reply along the lines of “Do you have some inside information that CW is not going to see out his contract until the end of 2027?”.
The melts before my post was removed would have been an amusing read however I don’t want a suspension. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood trying to run it back... Won't work, Perryman is 27 at the end of next year even though they need youth
Yep they're going to make the same mistake and top up like what we did and what Richmond did. IMO they should be considering doing a mini rebuild and IMO Melbourne too are in the same boat.

Both clubs don't have many players around 25-26 years of age to build around. Both clubs have a ridiculous amount amount of best 23 players that are 32 years or older and that will never end well.

Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 11.44.08 am.png Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 11.50.12 am.png

I really hope they don't get him. If they get him for a discount and somehow turn him back into the old Oliver, whilst also adding Smith too, then they have just rebuilt their midfield.
Oliver is one of the best players in the competition if healthy and switched on. There's a big 'if' there, but this is a guy who has won a couple of Coach's Association awards. He's an absolute top end talent, albeit with serious personal issues. Geelong getting him for a steal would be annoying.

To be honest, it is a move that makes a lot of sense for each of Geelong, Melbourne and Oliver. Geelong back themselves to get the best out of players and if they do, their midfield is fixed. Melbourne have cultural issues and Oliver needs a fresh start. Can definitely see this happening, with Melbourne paying salary and Geelong getting him on the cheap.

Hocking was seen having lunch with Graham Mitchell last week in Qld. Mitchell is the Co-Founder of Lite n Easy

Word is Clayton Oliver could replace
Luke Hodge as their new ambassador

They sent Oliver their product to try. Apparently he loved it so much that he rang them the next day to ask for some more but was told ‘we just sent you a months supply yesterday!!!’

Saw this coming a mile out, Oliver is their perfect acquisition. Huge contract to move tho

Dees have to let him go. You can’t have a player on a 7 million dollar deal running around doing as he pleases right in front of everyone.

Cats will sell the dream that they can be the rehab facility again.

Dees surely will want to clear the 6 mill and 6 years owing to him asap and move on.

Will be an interesting watch this one!!!

I don’t see how the Cats have the draft capital (or players) to get Oliver and Smith.

If they take on Oliver and his full contract for 6 years this will only be 1 first round pick and maybe a fringe player involved.

Smith will be 1 first round pick also.

2024 first round pick for Oliver.
2025 first round pick for Smith.

I think they can get these deals done easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back