Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood trying to run it back... Won't work, Perryman is 27 at the end of next year even though they need youth
But right now he's 25 and will be 26 all next season. He will be 31 in his final year, 6 years from now. He's 3 months younger than Battle.

But right now he's 25 and will be 26 all next season. He will be 31 in his final year, 6 years from now. He's 3 months younger than Battle.
We walked because he's not a mid. And he wants midfield time.
That's great for the Pies, but when he's getting 10 touches a game as a mid, on $800k a year, they may have to shift him to half back again.

From the dogs board :eek:

Just came here to post very similar. The Bulldogs have now made an official request for the AFL to look further into the connection between Bailey and cotton on dating back to the original signing date. This will potentially blow up in a huge way with the potential for the club to take it further through the legal system not the AFL itself.
Law is not my area of expertise but essentially the belief is that Geelong have been paying Smith via a third party whilst he was under contract at the dogs in a sort of handshake deal that he would seek a trade at the end of the contract, thus breaking the terms of the contract. Things are going to get very, very messy.

The more Rossy Lyon and Bassett play the “poor us card” in the media, they will continue to build a culture of excuses.

Sacking Brett Ratten and paying him out after just re-signing him sums them up as an organisation.
The Saints received nearly $10 million more than us in AFL funding last year. And they whinge about an unequal playing field? A club going nowhere in a hurry.

If there is genuine salary cap rorting going on and the AFL is trying to sweep it under the rug it will only last so long. There are journos out there who won't care if they go up against the AFL if it means getting their name out there and clicks for their employer - particularly those that aren't beholden to the AFL.

Not suggesting it has been happening - but a Melbourne Storm-like cap scandal out in Corio would be a beautiful way to cap off this season.

Geez Collingwood are really making some puzzling list decisions.
McCrae only wants to top up with mature age players and with Tassie looming and the age demographic of their list I’d be questioning a lot of things if I supported them.
I think it's a good move, they don't really have a choice, their first rounder is with Freo and their second rounder is with us, they need to find a way to bring in players.

They have plenty of impact players, they just have to bank on getting them healthy. The problem is guys like Sullivan, Macrae, Bytel were having to play proper midfield minutes.

Yes it's too much money for Perryman but if they can get Mihocek, McStay, Elliot, De Goey, McCreery, Mitchell healthy, and then players like Moore and Quaynor rediscover some form, they will be a top 8 side minimum.

I know it's a boatload of ifs but it's their best path towards a flag rather than giving up because they had a poor year. Treloar and Grundy money will come off their cap soon, which will coincide with the obvious retirements and voila they're no longer in cap hell, and they have acquired a good player in Perryman for free.

I think it's a good move, they don't really have a choice, their first rounder is with Freo and their second rounder is with us, they need to find a way to bring in players.

They have plenty of impact players, they just have to bank on getting them healthy. The problem is guys like Sullivan, Macrae, Bytel were having to play proper midfield minutes.

Yes it's too much money for Perryman but if they can get Mihocek, McStay, Elliot, De Goey, McCreery, Mitchell healthy, and then players like Moore and Quaynor rediscover some form, they will be a top 8 side minimum.

I know it's a boatload of ifs but it's their best path towards a flag rather than giving up because they had a poor year. Treloar and Grundy money will come off their cap soon, which will coincide with the obvious retirements and voila they're no longer in cap hell, and they have acquired a good player in Perryman for free.
Mihocek, Elliot, McStay and Mitchell are on the wrong side of 30. Not to mention Sidebottom, Howe, Pendlebury, Cox and WHE.

Yeah, sure, if they could get all these players fit, firing and playing their best (like 2023), then they may be top 4 again, but the likelihood of that happening just becomes less likely as we get further away from 2023. Getting in some role players isn't going to get them back to the top. They need to hit the draft very hard and they've basically now lost the chance to do it (Academies next year, Tassie the year after).

I think they are making a huge mistake here, and if it doesn't get rectified soon, they could spend longer on the bottom than we did after the end of the Clarkson era debacle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mihocek, Elliot, McStay and Mitchell are on the wrong side of 30. Not to mention Sidebottom, Howe, Pendlebury, Cox and WHE.

Yeah, sure, if they could get all these players fit, firing and playing their best (like 2023), then they may be top 4 again, but the likelihood of that happening just becomes less likely as we get further away from 2023. Getting in some role players isn't going to get them back to the top. They need to hit the draft very hard and they've basically now lost the chance to do it (Academies next year, Tassie the year after).

I think they are making a huge mistake here, and if it doesn't get rectified soon, they could spend longer on the bottom than we did after the end of the Clarkson era debacle.
I know they're old and their future doesn't look super bright, my point is they have no picks to hit the draft hard with, they've already made their bed, so Perryman is a good signing right now given they can't change the past.

They won a flag in '23, so we can unequivocally say going for it then was the right choice, and no one is ever going to not have a crack the year after that unless half their list instantly retires.

They find themselves in an awkward position but the point of this is to win flags, and their best chance is to reload for next year and hope the stars align rather than sell off their list for third round picks that MAY be good in 3 years.

It's not shitty list management, it's unfortunate timing.

I know they're old and their future doesn't look super bright, my point is they have no picks to hit the draft hard with, they've already made their bed, so Perryman is a good signing right now given they can't change the past.

They won a flag in '23, so we can unequivocally say going for it then was the right choice, and no one is ever going to not have a crack the year after that unless half their list instantly retires.

They find themselves in an awkward position but the point of this is to win flags, and their best chance is to reload for next year and hope the stars align rather than sell off their list for third round picks that MAY be good in 3 years.

It's not shitty list management, it's unfortunate timing.
I know this isn't a Collingwood list management thread, but they should definitely be trying to heavily get into the first round this year.

Reeves heading to the US with 10 of our players for a training camp. Doesn't sound like a bloke we're about to trade.

Good that Gunners is going too. Talk of his demise may be premature.
I

I know this isn't a Collingwood list management thread, but they should definitely be trying to heavily get into the first round this year.
They get a free hit next year with Tom McGuane coming through.
He won the jets B&F as a 17 y/o, played in a senior premiership with Keilor (coached by his Dad).
Pies know what they are doing with what is on the horizon.

They get a free hit next year with Tom McGuane coming through.
He won the jets B&F as a 17 y/o, played in a senior premiership with Keilor (coached by his Dad).
Pies know what they are doing with what is on the horizon.
Collingwood could have nabbed Callaghan and Daicos if they didn't trade their future first for a bag of chips in 2020.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back