Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez - If they land Smith and Oliver … the Cats could be a handful in 2025
Who can kick in their midfield if they add Smith and Oliver? Put it on the head of Barass, Battle, Sicily and Scrimshaw all day. Not to mention coming straight from Home House to the ground on game day.

Stengle, Oliver and Smith (if it’s all true) sound like a disaster waiting to happen.

Isn't that the Weapon?
Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Correct weight.

People need to get their head around the fact that we know exactly what we’re doing.

We are essentially getting Battle and Barass in the door for a first round pick each, and we haven’t even had to offer Battle a shit load of money to come, leaving the door ajar for us to be able to purchase another first round pick in 2025.
Something that doesn't get talked about enough is if / when pick purchasing comes in (assume end of next season) then what teams do we feel will be likely to sell their 1st rounders? The Suns always seem to have a plethora of 1st rounders but outside of them and your top 5 contenders would look to sell off their 1st rounder? You'd think contending teams will shop their 1st rounders for cap space so they can keep top players on their lists.

I'm not 100% sure pick purchasing will be as easy as everyone thinks especially if there's 6-7 teams with huge cap space competing for it. Finally is just 1 year of picks in advance or can you go 2 years or more in advance of picks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d have to imagine a player and pick would be needed to get Clarry. Melbourne might be offering to part with salary to get a F1 and SDK as an example. If they do it for a solitary pick in the teens there would be a board challenge imminent.

You’d have to imagine a player and pick would be needed to get Clarry. Melbourne might be offering to part with salary to get a F1 and SDK as an example. If they do it for a solitary pick in the teens there would be a board challenge imminent.

I understood he has a very long and expensive contract owed to him. I think the trade is much more likely to involve Melbourne paying a good portion of that for the next couple of seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back