Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Liam Baker and Shai Bolton comments at the best and fairest through gritted teeth and then the drive by from the president when he talked about the loyalty shown by Nathan Broad was a terrible look for that club.

In my opinion, The Bolton and Baker defections while in their prime where they have an opportunity to help the club through a rebuild after all the success they have had while earning a fortune while doing so is a crap look.

Amazing how both were never homesick when winning flags .

Geelong would have smashes Sydney in the GF had Brisbane not beat them, and now they are going to add Smith, Oliver and Martin. They will rehabilitate them and be laughing. Christ almighty can they just **** off already?

Don’t think adding both Smith and Oliver is a good move for them. There are already a few loose units down in Geelong, and sometimes the damage you can do to your culture can impact on-field performance.

Geelong would have smashes Sydney in the GF had Brisbane not beat them, and now they are going to add Smith, Oliver and Martin. They will rehabilitate them and be laughing. Christ almighty can they just **** off already?

I want them to fade into irrelevancy so badly, but this isn't going to help.

I understood he has a very long and expensive contract owed to him. I think the trade is much more likely to involve Melbourne paying a good portion of that for the next couple of seasons.

What is Geelong going to pay? Melbourne paying a part of his salary, Melbourne will want more than a mid teen pick, and B grade player(s) in return. If Geelong pull off both Oliver and Smith, it will take a miracle.

Don’t think adding both Smith and Oliver is a good move for them. There are already a few loose units down in Geelong, and sometimes the damage you can do to your culture can impact on-field performance.
They are adding 2 head cases.(allegedly)
We are adding 2 quality people (apparently)

This will be an interesting watch.
Footy is a funny game. If they focus these two on the prize they could hit the jackpot. A very big if though.

All the talk in this thread mid-season was that Baz was a consummate professional etc etc. Now he’s in the Clarry realm of drug issues? Is this a recent revelation - has come out of left field a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want them to fade into irrelevancy so badly, but this isn't going to help.
Well, we have to see what they stump up for these three yet. Some articles are saying they will need to send SDK to the Blues, who will forward their first rounder to the Dees, who will then send Clarrie to Geelong. If Clarrie comes good that's a win for the Cats but at a cost. If Clarrie doesn't come good it would be a disaster. There is a whiff of a marriage in haste about this but only time will tell.

Martin is nothing great I don't reckon but if he does play it probably means he edges out Ollie H, and is a only a marginal upgrade on him.

Smith was always going to be good for them but again, it depends a bit on what the Dogs extract in return.

Like all trades we won't know how good they are until years later.

IMO this is how they end up in a 10 year hole because there's huge chance it back fires so I reckon let em cook and see how it pans out. Smith I think is not a huge concern but Oliver is a whole different story.

Anyways I'm more concerned with what we're giving up for Barrass (hoping for pick 13 + F2) rather than what the Scats are doing.

1727865401109.png

Suspicious Futurama GIF

All the talk in this thread mid-season was that Baz was a consummate professional etc etc. Now he’s in the Clarry realm of drug issues? Is this a recent revelation - has come out of left field a bit.
Agreed. I think Baz is a good addition and the only thing you could argue with him is the fit (game style). If they manage to also snag Oliver along with Baz they don't really have many good ball users.

What is Geelong going to pay? Melbourne paying a part of his salary, Melbourne will want more than a mid teen pick, and B grade player(s) in return. If Geelong pull off both Oliver and Smith, it will take a miracle.

If the cats take on the 6 mill contract owed they will hand over 1 pick and I reckon the Dees will take it and run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back