Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't need Oliver or Smith. Point blank. We have 2 first choice mids who didn't play either finals game in Day and McKenzie. McKenzie should be ready to emerge as a very good footballer this year. Ward should be thereabouts as well. Were in a better spot than Geelong even if Oliver and Smith go there not sure why the lengthy discussions about it. Let's move on.

Am I right in saying that we lodge the paperwork for Josh Battle tomorrow ?

And close the Tom Barrass deal on Monday ?

Barrass deal will take some time

Teams rarely do anything until they know it won’t effect other trades they want to do

Battle papers might get done tomorrow though

What we don't need in particular is Clayton Oliver.

We need a fit and firing list as mentioned above

While Oliver has been a great player for a long time, there is a decent baggage collection in his closet.....

I'm all about second and third chances, but he's at an age now where the change needs to come from within first.

Eff GIF

Amazing that people are losing their minds over Geelong acquiring 2 players that their clubs can’t wait to show the door (Martin & Oliver).

Smith is a much better acquisition but if he wants more midfield time, please explain to me how that happens with Danger, Bruhn, Holmes, Atkins and now Oliver?

As for Martin, who out of Henry, Miers, Close and Mannagh and Dempsey is he replacing?

Hawks additions of Battle and Barrass so much better in a recruiting for needs basis.

The fact the news of these 2 happened so early, people in the media and in here to an extent, have moved on to the next shiny thing.

If Hawks manage another addition, they are still ‘winning’ the trade period.
Probably still are by resigning their depth in Morrison and keeping Frost and Reeves.

Amazing that people are losing their minds over Geelong acquiring 2 players that their clubs can’t wait to show the door (Martin & Oliver).

Smith is a much better acquisition but if he wants more midfield time, please explain to me how that happens with Danger, Bruhn, Holmes, Atkins and now Oliver?

As for Martin, who out of Henry, Miers, Close and Mannagh and Dempsey is he replacing?

Hawks additions of Battle and Barrass so much better in a recruiting for needs basis.

The fact the news of these 2 happened so early, people in the media and in here to an extent, have moved on to the next shiny thing.

If Hawks manage another addition, they are still ‘winning’ the trade period.
Probably still are by resigning their depth in Morrison and keeping Frost and Reeves.
Smith Oliver, Holmes and Danger first choice mids with the others running through there. Bruhn and Atkins are very meh

I hate to admit it, it does look good on paper but there is alot of injury history here and some fairly big off field issues....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrass deal will take some time

Teams rarely do anything until they know it won’t effect other trades they want to do

Battle papers might get done tomorrow though

Don’t be surprised if the Barrass deal ends up involving Richmond so Baker can end up at west coast, and picks shared amongst the three teams to better balance it out. Doubt Barrass gets done early but it’s probably not anything anyone should be worried about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this place goes a little Cuckoo this time of year without a RoughandLove update.

Personally I'm more than content with Battle and Barrass added to a young and exciting list.

Multiple ITK posters keeping quiet now because of a handful of pinhead posters. This leads these threads devolving into lamenting what other teams are doing.

Bailey smith and Oliver aren't rejects and potentially revolutionise their midfield
Everything is potential until you see it actually happening and working in sync. When you think your culture is SO strong and you gamble with it...then you go and break a good thing. You don't gamble with culture because it takes a lot of work to get back up off the mat. Entropy.

I think it's very possible that we simply get Battle and Barrass in and maybe trade a depth player out. The only club we're trading with currently is a very professional club so that trade should be done early. Maybe Finn does need to ask for a trade to Essendon so we have something to talk about for the next two weeks 😅

Our businesses could be done within the first few days which is naturally going to turn this thread into a general commentary about the trade period as a whole. Plus some crazy multi club hypotheticals where we turn Ward and Finn into Reid and buy 2 firsts next year.

Oh, and also the inevitable melts when we don't get Barrass for a bag of chips. That should fill the thread up nice like.

Oh, and also the inevitable melts when we don't get Barrass for a bag of chips. That should fill the thread up nice like.

I have my popcorn at the ready for the melts/toys from the cot on that one!

1727912194484.png

Leek Aleer got offered 5mil by the Saints and turned it down to play GWS reserves... That is DAMNING.
Since Savage has there been a player that's gone to the Saints from us?

Leek Aleer got offered 5mil by the Saints and turned it down to play GWS reserves... That is DAMNING.
Since Savage has there been a player that's gone to the Saints from us?
Hill with a detour in Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back