Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome back, king.

It would be hard to begrudge Lewis heading up there for: a) a fresh start after a long history of injuries, b) warmer weather to assist with management of said injuries c) recent evidence of their medical teams chops in Ashcroft.

I feel like it will be near impossible for us to get satisfaction in a trade; as we put such a high price on his potential, and Brisbane will trade on his reality.
The actual reality is there are no big forwards available in the comp, particularly those entering their prime years, and Brisbane desperately to fill that position, being well and truly in the premiership window, and their big banana hanging up the boots as of yesterday.

So regardless of his injury, they are targeting a contracted player and filling a desperate need. They would have to pay well-overs in that situation, not less.

View attachment 2131262

Someone PLEASE stick Cooney in the bin.

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

Seeing one of the AFL's most prominent journos even talk about this makes me want to blow my brains out.

Imagine any NBA writer even discussing cap circumvention or tampering as a genuine potential management decision.

It's either pure rage bait or someone of his media stature is unaware of one of the more basic rules of the league he covers. Both shitty outcomes.

Seeing one of the AFL's most prominent journos even talk about this makes me want to blow my brains out.

Imagine any NBA writer even discussing cap circumvention or tampering as a genuine potential management decision.

It's either pure rage bait or someone of his media stature is unaware of one of the more basic rules of the league he covers. Both shitty outcomes.
Idea...
Fraud.

Win-win for both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis.

Bris…….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Genuinely hate this.

How does this benefit us in any way. The one hole we still have in our team is a gun KPF. He can be that.

Just needs a good run with injuries. We have seen plenty of players turn their carriers around after injury runs like his. Cunrow and Daniher are the first that spring to mind.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Genuinely hate this.

How does this benefit us in any way. The one hole we still have in our team is a gun KPF. He can be that.

Just needs a good run with injuries. We have seen plenty of players turn their carriers around after injury runs like his. Cunrow and Daniher are the first that spring to mind.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
We would also be trading him to a team who is a high chance to be one of our main premiership contenders next season… yeah pass unless they are paying WAY WAY overs

We would also be trading him to a team who is a high chance to be one of our main premiership contenders next season… yeah pass unless they are paying WAY WAY overs

Which they can’t.

I’m not even contemplating parting with our best 30 players beyond that there’s not much value to trade with.

I guess my alternative is minimum drafting

Lewis would only go for 2 x firsts or Lohmann/Z Bailey. Lot of pressure on Dear going forward but I think we all agree he’s gonna be a superstar

Dear will pass Lewis so fast he will get wind burn, by the time Lewis returns if his with us Dear will be the number one forward, and if we play Chol, Lewis, Dear and we are to tall it would be Dear getting Dropped.

Lewis.

Bris…….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
For this to be possible Mitch has to be open to it already. You could see the appeal with his injury history - fresh start climate and all that. For us to do it several things have to be true. The deal is overs. The loss of Mitch is acceptable because either we have a replacement like for like lined up, or we are changing the mix away from a kpf to someone more mobile. This could be internally as we have heard via Sicily Weddle Hardwick or external. I floated a while back whether Lewis to the dees could be part of a Petracca play could getting in 2 firsts from the Lions be a different approach to achieve that outcome? Whatever happens
Shit Just Got Real Taika Waititi GIF by Madman Films

No it isn't. First pick on 2nd night is whoever holds the first second round pick.

Richmond hold it.

Since North's 2 priority picks at end of 1st round exists, the first second round pick was pick 21.

After Battle compo, its 22. 23 after Perryman's Band1/2 compo

Add Levi & Lombard bids, 25 will be first pick on second night.

Don't want to trade Lewis but if he is F1 + a very good player( Lohmann??) maybe

Lohmann would be a great get how he preformed on grand final day, would add more X- factor to our side but Brisbane wouldn't let him go think he will be a star.

Who cares what the NBA does?

How is it cap circumvention? It's clearly how the rules are written. If the AFL doesn't want people to behave this way then don't write the rules to encourage it.

Surely we aren't advocating that we follow the rules the AFL wishes they had written instead of the rules they did write.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back