Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you watch any of the season ?

He played 2 bad games at the end of the season. So did Moore, so did Ginni, so did others.

He (Chol) had a hecken good season & better than anyone expected

To say he shat the bed is disrespectful

The issue is not playing a bad game, the issue is playing a bad game whilst also not being team orientated.

He is a handy type run of the mill player that has had his market value pumped up due to playing in a succesfull era.

Strengths
Attitude Puts his head in the hole
Keeps chugging away late in games

Weaknesses
Football Average foot skills
Lacks pace

Value 500-550k year max.
Well said but have further summarised.
Dewnior , you don't think Robertson is worth a F2 from WCE to BNE? He wants to go home, isn't best 22 and was a high draft pick. Seems fair to me
Can categorically say we wouldn’t trade our F2 for Dev. A dodgy prawn has ruined his career.

Have noticed the Lewis trade talk and FWIW recruiting Barrass and Battle whilst keeping Frost will allow huge flexibility if Lewis was to leave for good draft/player compensation. Conceivably you could play Battle, Sicily and Weddle forward if you needed to whist still having two rock solid KPDs, one of which being an elite interceptor to pick off and distribute to your running HBFs. Not trying to suggest you should trade Lewis but possibly worth considering.

Well said but have further summarised.

Can categorically say we wouldn’t trade our F2 for Dev. A dodgy prawn has ruined his career.

Have noticed the Lewis trade talk and FWIW recruiting Barrass and Battle whilst keeping Frost will allow huge flexibility if Lewis was to leave for good draft/player compensation. Conceivably you could play Battle, Sicily and Weddle forward if you needed to whist still having two rock solid KPDs, one of which being an elite interceptor to pick off and distribute to your running HBFs. Not trying to suggest you should trade Lewis but possibly worth considering.
Lewis is not happening mate

Forgive my intrusion but I’m assuming he is quite reputable considering how many people here are taking it quite seriously?
We have no other information.

Currently, the upshot could be from Lewis being traded to Brisbane to him going there there for a holiday, and any point in between

In fairness the end of our season showed that Lewis could be more of a luxury than we had previously considered. Particularly with Calsher’s meteoric rise. I’m willing to consider a Lewis trade but I’d want a decent bounty in return.
Opposite, for mine.

I reckon it showed how desperate we are for a primary KPF to partner Dear (2nd KPF) & allow Chol to play FWD/Ruck.

Opposite, for mine.

I reckon it showed how desperate we are for a primary KPF to partner Dear (2nd KPF) & allow Chol to play FWD/Ruck.

The final against Port, sure. Up until that point we had no issue racking up winning scores with our forward setup. Given the smalls we have I think Chol/Dear could be relied upon so long as there’s another taller forward there like Gunston was this year. The Chol/Gunston/Dear combo with our fleet of smalls looked more dangerous than in any game Lewis played this year - granted poor Mitch never really got to play Hokball.

If Brisbane are sniffing around for Lewis, other clubs would be too…if we trade him we should get a good deal done.
Brisbane are also sniffing around Harry McKay, Tom Lynch, Nick Riewoldt and Jason Dunstall. They are doing plenty of sniffing

The final against Port, sure. Up until that point we had no issue racking up winning scores with our forward setup. Given the smalls we have I think Chol/Dear could be relied upon so long as there’s another taller forward there like Gunston was this year. The Chol/Gunston/Dear combo with our fleet of smalls looked more dangerous than in any game Lewis played this year - granted poor Mitch never really got to play Hokball.
We definitely developed our scoring chain as the season progressed, but a lot of the time we required Chol to play a role counter to his strengths (classic BF, that posters blame him for this :rolleyes:). He did extremely well & probs added some attributes to his game that weren't evident before, but when the pressure of Finals hit & our mids were restricted (vs Port), we were far less productive.

I don't think we can compare Lewis' few outings to late season Chol/Gunston/Dear, nor can we go into 2025 expecting Gunston to contribute like he did in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dewnior , you don't think Robertson is worth a F2 from WCE to BNE? He wants to go home, isn't best 22 and was a high draft pick. Seems fair to me

Think about it, would you trade a F2 which is going to be in the low 20s for Dev?

Third rounder more likely. Can play a role but his disposal is awful. Has a crack but Eagles fans would burn the joint down if they did that.

The issue is not playing a bad game, the issue is playing a bad game whilst also not being team orientated.

That’s the complete opposite of what Chol was against the Bulldogs. He halved contests for Calsher and provided crumbing opportunities for our small forwards.

We want to win these games, not end up like a Port that fails at the pointy end of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back