List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullshit.

2021 through the draft: Motlop, and rookied Cotts. Tick.
2022: Hollands cowan Binns lemmey. Rookies cinc/Hok Tick.
2023: Ashton and Billy.

There isn't a single bust there yet. And even the other midseason crapshoot picks have been better than 50%. He's hardly had access to top end picks too. He's traded and patched a list that SOS/ the club and coaching nearly destroyed. With bad development and abysmal drafting outside of the talls.

So the bulk of the list that is currently sitting 2nd on the ladder was "nearly destroyed"?

Bullshit.

There isn't a single bust there yet. And even the other midseason crapshoot picks have been better than 50%. He's hardly had access to top end picks too. He's traded and patched a list that SOS/ the club and coaching nearly destroyed. With bad development and abysmal drafting outside of the talls.
Add Boyd and the trades of Acres and Boyd.
Hard to be critical of Austin.

JSOS will be a handy depth player next yearā€¦ Donā€™t see anyone heā€™d replace for a spot in a healthy 22ā€¦
I agree that's why id train him & develop him there as back up unless we pick someone up at the end of year, Sam Durdin is not AFL standard from what I've seen when he actually plays

Maybe you should keep posting them Aph, and we'll keep resigning them :thumbsu::cool:

Just on a general note, it's probably fortuitous that all 3 of our injury prone players are OOC in the one year so we can make decisions on each of them. IMO, the only one I'd be offering a contract to is Jack Martin - such a damaging player the times he's in our starting line up. Take the chance with him while we're in the premiership window.

Of the others, maybe Jack Carroll - although you'd imagine there may be a trade back to WA on the cards. We may need extra draft picks through trading to match the Campo bids - who knows at this stage?

I'd also look to potentially re-rookie Matt Owies at this stage of his career....he'll be 28yo going into next season, so a rookie contract could see him through to 31yo, depending on list balance and form.

I think tossing Owies, who has played every game this year, who is third in our goal kicking this year (and was second last year), a rookie contract is a great way to insult him and run the risk of another side coming in and poaching him.

He's not a 33yo, over-the-hill veteran just clinging to the game. He's literally in the prime of his career, and could easily have 6+ years ahead of him. Senior list all day every day, 3 year deal for sure and I honestly wouldn't batt an eye at 4 years if it comes at a bit of a discount.

Bullshit.

There's more to it than whether players have played senior games or not. I also don't know how you can confidently declare players yet to play AFL football 'not busts'.

I question the logic of drafting for the 'now' when most of them are 18 year olds who won't be playing their best football for quite a few years. That seems to have been the logic with almost every pick.

As I said, we've done well with trades but I don't think our drafting tactics are sustainable long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's more to it than whether players have played senior games or not. I also don't know how you can confidently declare players yet to play AFL football 'not busts'.

I question the logic of drafting for the 'now' when most of them are 18 year olds who won't be playing their best football for quite a few years. That seems to have been the logic with almost every pick.

As I said, we've done well with trades but I don't think our drafting tactics are sustainable long term.
I think it is getting proven that it is better to take players who have trained with the side over summer or through the mid season(often who have been in the VFL system for a couple of years) than taking a pick in the 60s.

I have watched 4 VFL games and am concerned with the mental application, desire of Lemmey and Moir. ( Lemmey was good in the second half on Sunday) Binns disposal and physicality not up to AFL, IMO. I like Carrol but he needs to develop beyond a vanilla footballer. Lord, it is too early to tell, but will he be more than accumulator in the midfield?

I have watched 4 VFL games and am concerned with the mental application, desire of Lemmey and Moir. ( Lemmey was good in the second half on Sunday) Binns disposal and physicality not up to AFL, IMO. I like Carrol but he needs to develop beyond a vanilla footballer. Lord, it is too early to tell, but will he be more than accumulator in the midfield?
It's not really relevant to this thread - however, you're essentially listing a bunch of speculative picks to justify what appears to be a negative view of Austin & his teams work.

Binns has time on his side, I remember Cottrell being similar at an early age but far less of a natural footballer. His running power alone is a massive plus, he'd know he needs to pile on some weight come end of year if he wants to improve his defensive work and contest stuff.

Lemmey shows glimpses, as a young KPP once again, has time on his side as reality is he's just cover for the 1sts atm.

Moir I have major concerns over. Just doesn't look up to it all imo.

I think with the Campo boys coming in next year and hopefully some more luck with injuries our VFL squad should look a lot stronger next season. Right now we're just getting smashed around the ball, we can barely get our hands on it most weeks.

Moir is the high risk high reward prospect. Needs desire and fitness to make it. I'd say he's a 50/50 to either bust or become a very good player.

Needs a massive preseason or two...and then see what he can do with a more-AFL ready body and tank.

Actually Cooper Lord could get a run in the not too distant future if we assume that Matt kennedy us out for a while.
Kennedy out I think assures Hewettā€™s spot in the team if anything. I donā€™t think Lord will get a crack this year, unless there is a catastrophic injury crisis. Carroll is still in front of him too

Kennedy out I think assures Hewettā€™s spot in the team if anything. I donā€™t think Lord will get a crack this year, unless there is a catastrophic injury crisis. Carroll is still in front of him too
Its very clear that Voss has strong ideas and will only replace like for like rather than try and shoehorn players in. His preferred set up is for four absolute midfielders (with chop ous from Hollands, Fogarty etc) with another as the sub. No doubt in my mind that Kennedy would have been the sub this week pre injury. I think that if everyone else gets up then Carroll or Lord will be the sub this week. It will be tempting to have a look at Lord already knowing what Carroll can bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back