List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been moving around to 14 and further round the wing recently. But agree that 12 is one of the better spots.

Too often been sitting near too many opposition supporters though. Been considering going down to level 1 to get more Lions love around me. For Lester, its a definite hype game (what's his goal song?)
It would have to be " Humphrey the fun loving bear"

I think I'm starting to love Lester in the way 3KZ does.

Just can't fault the guy.

If anyone had told me he'd play 200 games 6 years ago I would've had them certified.

He couldn't get a game when we were non competitive.

Remarkable.
He really has gone next level. Lester is performing the Backline General role to perfection. It is a shame that Fagan took so long to catch on.

People only needed to use their eyes and not get sucked into the ‘group think’ to see how great Lester’s skills, attitude and understanding of the game were. The fact that he was only selected for three senior games and only took the field twice in 2022 was a travesty. Then there was last year when Fagan left Lester out of the side, playing Darragh Joyce instead from Rounds 2-6.

To his great credit and in a sign of what an amazing temperament Lester has, he just knuckled down, worked hard and when he got his next chance, made himself indispensable to our defence. He has proven every doubter wrong.

Last edited:

If anyone had told me he'd play 200 games 6 years ago I would've had them certified.

Remarkable.
Remember when they ran him through the midfield? Good times.

Remarkable.

Worked with his best mate from school about 8 years ago, and said good honest trier, but can't see him on the list next year.

Wrong. Respect.

I've been moving around to 14 and further round the wing recently. But agree that 12 is one of the better spots.

Too often been sitting near too many opposition supporters though. Been considering going down to level 1 to get more Lions love around me. For Lester, its a definite hype game (what's his goal song?)
I believe it's You're The Voice. Good one.

The thing to really like about Lohman is that he has that bit of swagger and unpredictability that good players have.

I understand why SM says that he's not sold on him yet but he's just got that attitude where you know he'll probably make it.

Almost the whole team has that swagger about them, just like the 2000's team did. Loved Rayner barging past that Melbourne spud on his way to kicking the first goal. Dude is a beast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t you apply to the AFL for special dispensation regarding your rookies and keeping Lane on particularly on compassionate grounds? Try that and if the AFL knock it back, let them be the pricks we know they already are…otherwise do what Briz says.
Looks like there could be changes just in time for Kailin to be kept on:

MORE YEARS FOR ROOKIES?

THE AFL is considering a change to the rules where players would be able to stay on rookie lists for up to five years.

Currently players can only spend three consecutive seasons on the rookie list before needing to be upgraded to the senior list or delisted.

But as part of discussions with clubs, the League has had support for extending the limit to five years under certain parameters in a bid to allow clubs more time to develop key-position types and ruck talents as rookies.

Under a possible stipulation raised, rookies would be able to stay on the rookie list after their third year if they have not played a certain number of games at AFL level by then and again at the end of their fourth year.

The rule has had support from clubs as the AFL looks at different mechanisms as part of its wide-ranging competitive balance review. – Callum Twomey

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1163097

Almost the whole team has that swagger about them, just like the 2000's team did. Loved Rayner barging past that Melbourne spud on his way to kicking the first goal. Dude is a beast.
You seem to be willing Rayner to be something he's not . Highlighting every mortal thing he does.

Just relax and let him be what he is.

If he could become a good honest contributor in the role he's capable of the club would be happy. And that's how they're managing his development.

They better not. I’m planning a pitch invasion. I’m expecting something like this.
The last one I organised was also against St.Kilda.

Still got my first football jumper with a yellow #5 on the back. Bernie’s signature is pretty badly faded, but i know it’s there across the top of the 5…

You seem to be willing Rayner to be something he's not . Highlighting every mortal thing he does.

Just relax and let him be what he is.

If he could become a good honest contributor in the role he's capable of the club would be happy. And that's how they're managing his development.

Club will be happy when he regularly tears apart teams as he did Melbourne at the G.
Dude is an extremely talented beast my friend one day you will come around :moustache:

None. Or none directly in that article anyway.
I struggle to see any of them that I would be a big addition to our side that we wouldn't have to pay through the nose for. Not a year we should be involved in many trades that aren't shuffling picks/points

Back