List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is solely for list management discussion, Trades discussion goes in the trade thread, and Draft prospect discussion goes in it's relevant thread.

NameFinal YearYears Service*Status
Angus Hastie20252Unknown
Angus McLennan20242Non-Free Agent
Anthony Caminiti20264Non-Free Agent
Arie Schoenmaker20252Unknown
Ben Paton20247Non-Free Agent
Brad Crouch20255Non-Free Agent
Bradley Hill20278Restricted Free Agent
Callum Wilkie20279Restricted Free Agent
Cooper Sharman20244Non-Free Agent
Daniel Butler20245Non-Free Agent
Darcy Wilson20263Non-Free Agent
Dougal Howard20245Non-Free Agent
Hugo Garcia20252Unknown
Hunter Clark20258Restricted Free Agent
Isaac Keeler20242Non-Free Agent
Jack Hayes20243Non-Free Agent
Jack Higgins20277Non-Free Agent
Jack Sinclair202713Unrestricted Free Agent
Jack Steele202711Unrestricted Free Agent
James Van Es20242DELISTED
Jimmy Webster202413Unrestricted Free Agent
Josh Battle20248UFA - leaving for Hawthorn
Lance Collard20263Non-Free Agent
Liam Henry20274Non-Free Agent
Liam O'Connell20252Unknown
Liam Stocker20242Unrestricted Free Agent
Marcus Windhager20254Non-Free Agent
Mason Wood20244UFA + 3 years (2027)
Mattaes Phillipou20264Non-Free Agent
Matthew Allison20244DELISTED
Max Hall20252Non-Free Agent
Max Heath20244Non-Free Agent
Max King20268Restricted Free Agent
Mitchito Owens20254Non-Free Agent
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera20254Non-Free Agent
Olli Hotton20242Non-Free Agent
Paddy Dow20263Non-Free Agent
Riley Bonner20241DELISTED
Rowan Marshall202711Unrestricted Free Agent
Ryan Byrnes20245Non-Free Agent
Sebastian Ross202413DELISTED
Tim Membrey202410Unrestricted Free Agent
Tom Campbell20243DELISTED
Zaine Cordy20253Non-Free Agent
Zak Jones20245Non-Free Agent
* Years service at end of contract.
Free Agency - Friday, October 4 and will run until Friday, October 11.
Trade Period - Monday, October 7 and will run until Wednesday, October 16.
National Draft - Round One - Wednesday, November 20 followed by the remaining rounds of the
National Draft - The rest - Thursday, November 21.
Rookie and Pre-Season Draft - Friday, November 22.

Last edited:
TC seems to have irons in the fire working back of house with the AFL, I've no doubt he'd be picked up by a Club for a development role also. No surprise on Alison, relief to see Bonner go, Van Ess you'd think injury. Thanks to all for service, especially TC. Arie, Hastie etc tacit nod of development approval.

However losing our backup young key back albeit untried, and if Battle goes clearly we'll need to address. Maybe hit the draft 2nd or 3rd round again for the replacement. Maybe Hammer goes back when King is fit. Would need to retain Membrey in this case you'd think.

Barass requested trade to Hawthorn, do they really want both he and JB?

Interesting times. I'm very used to / keen on the idea of 2 x top 10 picks so we'll see what happens...

Bet they'll draft another small forward too somewhere this year.

Just for those unaware, there are essentially three moments for delistings to happen;

This period; end of season exit instances to trade period, as standard contracts are finalised October 31st for OOC players and trades come with new contract agreements. Hence AFL signing off on things to ensure above board and CBA isn't voided/fiddled with.

ND is another period, as you add to and thus you finalise the draft period by second lodgement of "this is our list" to AFL house.

The third is often forgotten, but there is a supplemental period after "break time", this is where you get your train with players and those seeking to impress types. This is third lodgement and "this new season will contain this list of players".

All this happens prior to the new season being engaged at all really, no praccies, no real impetus by anyone outside of those chasing sponsorships and just the meet and greets of new people, meshing periods prior to actual training taking place.

This is more for the "will we delist more?" crowd. The answer will invariably be yes, as multiple chances to do so, and these decisions are never a one and done or as black and white as they might otherwise appear.

If you're a player, OOC, and you survived the exit interview, you're still sweating, you just wiped your brow so you can see what's in front of you instead of just only sweating.

Probably waiting to see if we can get some late picks for any of the below before we delist/retire

Paton
Hayes
Membrey
Ross

Who knows if we pay out crouch. Strange that the club has completely ignored letting the fans know about his situation, doesn't sound good though.

Howard is an interesting one, is it the club holding of seeing what battle does, or is it dougal looking elsewhere?

Hoping they only give jones a 1 year deal, fair chance they go 2 though.

Hotton, keeler, heath and mcleanan should get 1 year deals imo.

Probably waiting to see if we can get some late picks for any of the below before we delist/retire

Paton
Hayes
Membrey
Ross

Who knows if we pay out crouch. Strange that the club has completely ignored letting the fans know about his situation, doesn't sound good though.

Howard is an interesting one, is it the club holding of seeing what battle does, or is it dougal looking elsewhere?

Hoping they only give jones a 1 year deal, fair chance they go 2 though.

Hotton, keeler, heath and mcleanan should get 1 year deals imo.
I reckon Ross deserves more respect than first off. All of them probably subject to developments over the next weeks.

Bonner done indicates that Jones gets rewarded on that wing depth spot. Couldn't hold both with Hastie McLennan and Arie coming through as half back cover and several draftees to come in November

Can I ask a serious question, and forgive if I’ve missed the rationale somewhere but why do we have seperate threads for list management, trades and for the draft?

There’s so much overlap between the 3 and all ultimately correlate to list management.

I’m sure there’s rationale for it but having been around for almost 20 years it’s quite a change from previous off-seasons

Can I ask a serious question, and forgive if I’ve missed the rationale somewhere but why do we have seperate threads for list management, trades and for the draft?

There’s so much overlap between the 3 and all ultimately correlate to list management.

I’m sure there’s rationale for it but having been around for almost 20 years it’s quite a change from previous off-seasons

Eh, I actually prefer to so things are less likely to get lost

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know it’s an old (6 months) SEN interview with Simon Dalrymple but gives an insight into his philosophy with drafting- no longer best player but someone who fits the coach’s game style.

So running power, tackling prowess, ground ball smarts and elite kicking?

You don't actually want the actual answers, believe me.

Consider the split a safe space for discussion as it's moderation and we don't just give points, card people and delete posts, part of that is also moderating the discourse.

Change can be good.

Bonner surprisingly stiff, copped it from the fans but did more good than bad.

I guess he would only keep Ari & Hastie out of the side so don't mind it.

InB4 we take a small back flanker with our first, but he might roll through the mids. 👍

This season they may have been thinking that Sinclair could move to the midfield given our shortage of good mids. But full time mid is not Sinclair's gig.

This year even allowing for Sinclair's injury effected start showed that he is best for us at HB. Though yes with stints through the middle.

Nas and Sincs gives us just such an attacking HB line.

With Bonner, it became obvious that that flaws in his game at PA had not gone away, and are not going too.

With youngsters like Hastie waiting in the wings, he was not worth keeping as a depth player.

Plus Jones last season form would have placed him in front of Bonner. Though he is not certain to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be signing Howard, Membrey and Jones to extend their contracts asap.
Early this year I thought Jones and Skunk were cooked but they came good and showed they have more to offer.
Would be a big mistake to let Membrey go.

Hammer is raw, King is unreliable, Sharman still emerging.

For the most part, Membrey is a consistent performer. We need to retain some experience.

Jacob Konstanty will be a saint
He fits a need that’s for sure, and Dalrymple would have some good insight into his potential. Sydney player bio likens him to Tom Papley.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back