List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is solely for list management discussion, Trades discussion goes in the trade thread, and Draft prospect discussion goes in it's relevant thread.

NameFinal YearYears Service*Status
Angus Hastie20252Unknown
Angus McLennan20242Non-Free Agent
Anthony Caminiti20264Non-Free Agent
Arie Schoenmaker20252Unknown
Ben Paton20247Non-Free Agent
Brad Crouch20255Non-Free Agent
Bradley Hill20278Restricted Free Agent
Callum Wilkie20279Restricted Free Agent
Cooper Sharman20244Non-Free Agent
Daniel Butler20245Non-Free Agent
Darcy Wilson20263Non-Free Agent
Dougal Howard20245Non-Free Agent
Hugo Garcia20252Unknown
Hunter Clark20258Restricted Free Agent
Isaac Keeler20242Non-Free Agent
Jack Hayes20243Non-Free Agent
Jack Higgins20277Non-Free Agent
Jack Sinclair202713Unrestricted Free Agent
Jack Steele202711Unrestricted Free Agent
James Van Es20242DELISTED
Jimmy Webster202413Unrestricted Free Agent
Josh Battle20248UFA - leaving for Hawthorn
Lance Collard20263Non-Free Agent
Liam Henry20274Non-Free Agent
Liam O'Connell20252Unknown
Liam Stocker20242Unrestricted Free Agent
Marcus Windhager20254Non-Free Agent
Mason Wood20244UFA + 3 years (2027)
Mattaes Phillipou20264Non-Free Agent
Matthew Allison20244DELISTED
Max Hall20252Non-Free Agent
Max Heath20244Non-Free Agent
Max King20268Restricted Free Agent
Mitchito Owens20254Non-Free Agent
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera20254Non-Free Agent
Olli Hotton20242Non-Free Agent
Paddy Dow20263Non-Free Agent
Riley Bonner20241DELISTED
Rowan Marshall202711Unrestricted Free Agent
Ryan Byrnes20245Non-Free Agent
Sebastian Ross202413DELISTED
Tim Membrey202410Unrestricted Free Agent
Tom Campbell20243DELISTED
Zaine Cordy20253Non-Free Agent
Zak Jones20245Non-Free Agent
* Years service at end of contract.
Free Agency - Friday, October 4 and will run until Friday, October 11.
Trade Period - Monday, October 7 and will run until Wednesday, October 16.
National Draft - Round One - Wednesday, November 20 followed by the remaining rounds of the
National Draft - The rest - Thursday, November 21.
Rookie and Pre-Season Draft - Friday, November 22.

Last edited:

Listing and playing Bonner was a shocking decision from the outset. Why we continually think we are going to get a player out of other clubs rubbish astounds me. Bonner was delisted from Port because he plays bruise free footy, he is allergic to body contact. For SOS and RTB to think he was taking us forward was a disgraceful decision IMO.
Jebus, talk about overreacting. We could hardly field a team at one point and he was a fit body. It's most likely the case that Bonner was given every chance to extend his career but simply couldn't change his nature. RTB actually gave players plenty of chances, Bonner getting more than enough.
I'm happy to see the back of him but his recruitment was entirely justifiable.

Congratulations on a great career Seb. He's unfortunately slown down a lot the last coupld of years but there was a genuine couple of years where he was a very good and consistent midfielder. Averaged like 30 touches a week for those two BnF years.

I doubt he gets picked up anywhere else. Just cant impact like he used to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also begs the question why he was still getting selected in round 21, the season was over in April.

Bonner 19 games
Hastie 5
Arie 4
McLennan 2
Hall 0
Hotton 0
O'Connell 0

Does that split help us going forward?
Sometimes it takes longer to find out that’s ok we are sure he’s a no

Listing and playing Bonner was a shocking decision from the outset. Why we continually think we are going to get a player out of other clubs rubbish astounds me. Bonner was delisted from Port because he plays bruise free footy, he is allergic to body contact. For SOS and RTB to think he was taking us forward was a disgraceful decision IMO.
Life’s far easier in hindsight….

Mason Wood springs to mind.

Seb deserved a send off. Two time B&F and a very consistent player in some shit years. It's not the biggest deal but I don't love how we've handled this if I'm honest.

It would have been nice but he's been injured. We couldn't have given him a game unless he was just going to sit on the bench the whole match

The article posted by Mat Mann regarding Shiel says the club is taking a long term approach to list build.
So how does that fit with taking Tomlinson? Cheap stopgap?

Can only assume so. Not sure I love it but if he's a free hit and still has some footy left in him, no harm I guess.

Can only assume so. Not sure I love it but if he's a free hit and still has some footy left in him, no harm I guess.
Aren't we linked nearly every year with Tomlinson...since back in the Richo days. I thought it was a Richo thing and that speculation about us would end once he joined up with Richo at Melbourne...evidently not.

Aren't we linked nearly every year with Tomlinson...since back in the Richo days. I thought it was a Richo thing and that speculation about us would end once he joined up with Richo at Melbourne...evidently not.

Yeah seems to be a recurring thing haha. Reckon I wouldn't know the bloke existed if not for the annual trade period link, don't think I've ever seen or heard of him outside of that context...

Seb deserved a send off. Two time B&F and a very consistent player in some shit years. It's not the biggest deal but I don't love how we've handled this if I'm honest.

Its a cut throat industry, but as a club we need to find a way to do this better. If we want loyalty from players to remain during their peak years, we need within reason to let them go out and retire on their own terms. Giving him another year to work with the kids in the VFL and then persuade him to retire would have been much more reasonable I would have thought. Although he may think he has a number of years left who knows?

SOS is quickly turning people against himself as list manager. Heck he was looking for sentiment for his own kids when they were on the Carlton list and then he treats a long term club servant like this - hypercrit.

I don't think it's really helpful to criticise the club or individuals based on our own speculation. I don't believe we have any indication of how this played out, or what conversations were or weren't held throughout the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back