List Mgmt. 2024 List Mgmt

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I’m writing him off with the Saints anyway.
For one he don’t looks like he wants to be here.
Secondly he looks a bit sooky.
Thirdly he reminds me of Billings with that owl caught in a bushfire look.
Bit rough, he oozes natural talent and could be anything. His demeanour is not that of a Chad, but that won't decide his future, he's come on in leaps and bounds in 6 months so who knows what his future holds.

I’m writing off Sharmy and Collard.
Don’t think they’re up for it.
Cut Sharmy and wangle a trade to wa for Lancey Boy if we can.
If we could get a half decent trade for Steelo I’d take it. He’s no spiritual leader.
I know what you mean. My 5yo boy isn't showing much talent with the tennis racquet either.

Mate, he’s 2 AFL games into his career lol! Were you a finished product a couple months into your career? Poor kid.
I peaked 6 months before the company employed me. But it was such a high point that I’ve just been enjoying the ride downhill ever since.

Kind of like Max King kicking 10 goals as a junior.

Maybe, something’s definitely not working.
May even need to bring in an other independent to suss the joint out again and get some honest answers.
How do we go from making finals last year even with an extensive injury list at times , to having a brilliant win over the reigning premiers in round two to the absolute s**t were dishing up now?
It’s called playing the long game rather than taking sugar hits and not developing your next generation. It’s not necessarily tanking but it’s also not selling a run in 2025 just to satisfy the noisy need it now’s.

2001 was a freak draft, we can't expect that to happen ever again.
We did ok , some teams completely ,made a mess of it.
Look at some of the players picked before DalSanto.

Hawks 1: Hodge, 16:Ladson, 32:Campbell Brown, 36:Sam Mitchell
Saints 2: Ball, 5:Xavier Clarke, 13:Nick Dal Santo, 21:Maguire, 37: Montagna.
Eagles 3: Judd ,6:Sampi, 22:Seaby , 38 Hanson, Rookie: Quinten Lynch
Fremantle 4: Polak, 56: Medhurst Rookie Sandilands
Kangaroos 7: Hale and a lot of poor choices.
Geelong 8 : Bartel, 17:Kelly, 24 Steve Johnson ,40 F/S Ablett , Rookie :Andrew Carazzo
Melbourne : 25: Steven Armstrong. 55 Brad Miller, Rookie : Jamar
Bulldogs : 10: Sam Power, 71: Brian Lake Rookie :Mathew Boyd,
Collingwood: 11: Richard Cole...some spuds 58: Dane Swan Rookie: Podsiadly
Adelaide: 12:Brent Reilly, Rookie Bock Rookie: Rutten
Port : 15:Brooks, at least they got trade value., sucked to be them in 2001.
Essendon: Andrew Welsh ...Who the hell was drafting for them?
Lions : 19: Gram

Its kind of remarkable the quality of some of the players who went later.
The famous first three are not "clearly" the best from that draft.
There are a heap i'd have rather had than Luke Ball.
Makes you think if instead of Ball Clarke and Maguire we had taken players available at that pick Judd Bartel and Stevie J. We may have won more than a couple of flags.

All our picks were good players cut short by injury. We all saw just how good Ball was and X and Maguire was looking sooo good down back until he broke his leg and was never the same again

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gee, things must’ve changed heaps in the last 24 hours

N01Kc15.jpg

IDjUGNZ.jpg
Got his own way again 🤣

It’s called playing the long game rather than taking sugar hits and not developing your next generation. It’s not necessarily tanking but it’s also not selling a run in 2025 just to satisfy the noisy need it now’s.
57 years long.

Saints and North need real urgent help from the AFL. Not the sort of shit second round picks Norths been getting but gws/gcs sort of assistance.
We’ve both been absolute crap for so long but at least North can say they’ve has multiple successes.
They also badly need to unrcripple the draft and make the first round or at least the top ten picks sacrosanct. If Collingwood miss out on a Daicos for instance bad ****en luck. Make them sell the farm to trade for him in three years.
If they don’t take this seriously and have a good look at it soon I’m afraid we are well and truly ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints and North need real urgent help from the AFL. Not the sort of s**t second round picks Norths been getting but gws/gcs sort of assistance.
We’ve both been absolute crap for so long but at least North can say they’ve has multiple successes.
They also badly need to unrcripple the draft and make the first round or at least the top ten picks sacrosanct. If Collingwood miss out on a Daicos for instance bad hecken luck. Make them sell the farm to trade for him in three years.
If they don’t take this seriously and have a good look at it soon I’m afraid we are well and truly ****ed.
Father sons and academy players should be open for the top 10 picks, after that the clubs that they are aligned with can have access with the discounts ect.

If you finish last you should have access to the best player available.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Phil Davis echoing what we have been talking about in here.

Phil holds that North and the Saints will always find it difficult to attract A-Graders via Trade and Free Agency because we can't offer the glamour that comes with playing for a larger Victorian clubs.

So the only way out is to:
  • over pay B-Graders who are prepared to chase the dollars
  • and draft the A-Graders
How do you draft A-graders in this day and age without bottoming out?

I hate to say it, but I think North may have had the right idea, and with the advent of the Tasmanian license they probably nailed the timing as well. That one win over West Coast last year is the only mis-step. If North had Harley Reid in their team right now they would be the darling of the Victorian media.

As long as we're drafting B-Graders and buying B-Graders we're just destined to be a B-Grade side that continues to miss out on A-Grade draft talent.

Can we take this logic to the AFL and get a priority pick?

Saints and North need real urgent help from the AFL. Not the sort of s**t second round picks Norths been getting but gws/gcs sort of assistance.

St Kilda haven’t won a Flag for 58 years. And it had to wait 93 years before winning that.

In purely historical terms the AFL could justify giving us a proper helping hand. Considering the largesse they dish out to the Northern clubs, including the Swans and Lions, who have won multiple Premierships and been playing finals for 25 years.

The AFL could give us own Academy for 3 years. Our local zone in the Sandringham Dragons Catchment. That would do the trick.

The AFL won’t do this of course. Look at the half wits employed there who make these decisions.

But in purely historical terms they could justify it.

How could you possibly write Collard off so early? How would you even be on that line of thinking.

He's got weaknesses to work on i.e. getting more of the ball, consistency's etc., but who doesn't? Only a very select few

Something you know the rest of us don't?

In fairness he's probably not ready to play AFL in the leagues worst forward line but he's been pretty impressive on the track and in the VFL (aside from a couple of quiet games)
Any kid in the draft to me needs 4yrs , of course if they are not ticking the boxes in there first to yrs of course they will be moved on but first yr players who have shown enough to be selected into the seniors points to the kid to have potential or though not ready just yet.

Sharman is a totally different case , the guy has been thrown from the forward line to wing to backline and to me it has be a factor he has not settled but by no means we get rid of him , he has shown enough he can be a handy player - to me he is developing fine but they need to give him a position where he can focus on, also we have a list of 44 and if he is the worst on the list we are doing pretty good.

Phil holds that North and the Saints will always find it difficult to attract A-Graders via Trade and Free Agency because we can't offer the glamour that comes with playing for a larger Victorian clubs.

I hate to say it, but I think North may have had the right idea, and with the advent of the Tasmanian license they probably nailed the timing as well. That one win over West Coast last year is the only mis-step. If North had Harley Reid in their team right now they would be the darling of the Victorian media.
So much harder to draft A grade talent when the draft is so compromised

He’s right, and it’s something AFL needs to consider as well as economic drivers under this competitive balance review.

So, you’ve got SA, NSW, QLD, WA teams basically operating state teams, most of those have either a high talent pool or full access to academy’s, then we’re competing with big Melbourne teams as well as financially disadvantaged by being an AFL subsidised Marvel team which ultimately impacts our fixture and travel.

Last edited:
Father sons and academy players should be open for the top 10 picks, after that the clubs that they are aligned with can have access with the discounts ect.

If you finish last you should have access to the best player available.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly. trade into the top 10 if you have a gun FS.

I know this will be a very unpopular opinion and I understand why. But what would people think about trading Rowan Marshall if we were to get 2 top 10 picks for him? As much as I have love him and would hate to see him play for another team, I think the ruck position can be filled by a younger ruck not getting a game on another list e.g. Nick Bryan and Ned Moyle or someone along those lines. The last few premiers have had Darcy Cameron (got for nothing), Rhys Stanley (not overly good), Max Gawn (an exception to my point), Toby Nankervis (got for nothing) and Jordan Roughead (pick 33, nothing amazing). My point is by getting 2 top 10 picks for him, we could finally combine all 3 top 10 picks to draft some A-grade talent as our midfield is what is killing us the most. Getting his big contract off our books, in combination with our already huge war chest, means we can pay a Nick Bryan or Moyle slightly more than other clubs whilst still having a massive amount to spend on someone like LDU next year. Again, I love Row and he's one of the only ones that tries every single week, but he's turning 29 this year and realistically won't be apart of a saints premiership and he may as well try and enjoy some success. Pls don't rip me apart :(

I'll stop you right there - coz that ain't gonna happen. 2 x top ten picks for Marshall ? Hahahaha ! :drunk:
ahahahaha. Nah I am 100% with you. I said that because most fans said no to accepting that trade on a poll I saw which is ****ing insane. More wanted to see what fans actually thought of that. What about a couple of first rounders? Just feel like we need to either somehow get a couple picks in top 5-6 or picks 1 or 2

ahahahaha. Nah I am 100% with you. I said that because most fans said no to accepting that trade on a poll I saw which is ******* insane. More wanted to see what fans actually thought of that. What about a couple of first rounders? Just feel like we need to either somehow get a couple picks in top 5-6 or picks 1 or 2
Pick 1 & 2 and you have my interest but not in our wildest dreams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back