List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

We won't be upgrading 2 rookies.

Keane will be the only upgrade.

We will pick Welsh... can't believe how many got sucked into Reid being non-committal because he doesn't want other clubs to know our thinking.

However, we should be delisting a player like Burgess to give ourselves as option of trading back into the draft if there is a slider we like... but I doubt we will.
It's not just Reid being non-commital. It's also the concerning way he bombed the state Combine testing.

It's not just Reid being non-commital. It's also the concerning way he bombed the state Combine testing.
Only in 2km run.

Did well in the other tests, which are more relevant to being a forward.

Can't believe how many now think we wont pick up Welsh.

I still think we'll pick him - just not sure if it will be in the ND or RD.
Will be ND, as we are not going to upgrade 2 rookies or pay players out of their contracts.

Hun has Narkle going to Freo and by the sounds Clurey to the Weagles.

Narkle joined Port Adelaide in the mid-season draft last year and played 16 games for the Power, including all three finals this year.

The small forward will reportedly join Fremantle, while Clurey was linked with West Coast during the trade period.
I thought he had something

Hope he finds a home at Freo

Will be ND, as we are not going to upgrade 2 rookies or pay players out of their contracts.
You're probably right - I'd say about 80% ND vs 20% RD at this stage. I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility of upgrading 2 rookies. They're almost certainly not paying players out.

I get that forwards don't need to run midfielder-level times in the 2 km time trial, but 3 weeks is a slow 2 km time in anyone's books (only a slight exaggeration).

Only in 2km run.

Did well in the other tests, which are more relevant to being a forward.

Can't believe how many now think we wont pick up Welsh.
Historically the club values 2km trial times above all else

Has there been a post that succinctly summarises our list spaces, rookies, elevations etc etc and what we will likely be drafting?

Is it basically 4, Welsh, and an upgrade
Or
4, and 2x upgrades then;
Rookie Welsh then pass on the rest?

Is there a minimum no. Of rookie picks you need to make? Or can you pass from the get go?

Who is even on our rookie list? Can't see it on the AFC site.

Has there been a post that succinctly summarises our list spaces, rookies, elevations etc etc and what we will likely be drafting?

Or
4, and 2x upgrades then;

Is there a minimum no. Of rookie picks you need to make? Or can you pass from the get go?

Its not exact at the moment - thats where the confusion lies

If Welsh is unlikely bid on we use 68

If he isnt he will be picked up in the RD

That determines every other action

And to be fair I could also be wrong

Linc McCarthy goes alright

Linc wasn't discarded though, Geelong genuinely wanted to keep him and Linc himself said he felt bad leaving because he wanted to repay the faith Scotty had in him.

It was beneficial for both sides.
Give Linc a second chance to go play with his best mate Lachie Neale and opened up another spot for someone to take Linc's spot on the Cats. Had Linc not been injured Cats genuinely would have kept him.

Scotty to this day still brings up Linc.

Its not exact at the moment - thats where the confusion lies

If Welsh is unlikely bid on we use 68

If he isnt he will be picked up in the RD

That determines every other action

And to be fair I could also be wrong
And the frustrating thing is had we had 1 more list spot and Welsh does slide to the rookie draft, pick 68 which will slide in to the 50's could be used to get a project ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or
4, and 2x upgrades then;

Keane, Borlaise and T Murray are currently rookies.

Most likely Keane to be upgraded to the Senior list given his longer term contract with 2 senior players (Burgess and ?) to be delisted with the promise of rookie re-selection.

Then 2 picks in the ND and no fresh picks in the RD. That gives us the limit of 38 senior and 4 rookies.

Only way to go any deeper in the draft is to de-list and pay out somebody - unless a sponsor/benefactor can encourage someone to retire on the promise of a great job outside of footy.

And the frustrating thing is had we had 1 more list spot and Welsh does slide to the rookie draft, pick 68 which will slide in to the 50's could be used to get a project ruck
Yes, this is the reason why we should delist a player to give us the option of a slider we like on draft night.

Probably can't be Smith as on too much, but a lower paid player like Burgess.

Yes, this is the reason why we should delist a player to give us the option of a slider we like on draft night.

Probably can't be Smith as on too much, but a lower paid player like Burgess.
AFL is not a charity, its a cutthroat business and if a player is not quite there at the level, then move them on and bring in a new one. List spots are gold.

AFL is not a charity, its a cutthroat business and if a player is not quite there at the level, then move them on and bring in a new one. List spots are gold.
Neither Burgess or Strachan are AFL standard.

We should be paying them out if we can afford to.

[emoji6]" data-quote="GROTTO" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Port could "elect" to pick him at or [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]?

And if they think he is worth a pick then I am sure we would let him go. I would also bet my house that Port won’t do that because there would be better candidates available at that spot, they know Tyler wants to play for us

Maybe pick [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] - but they won’t play that game. I think within reason both clubs are respectful of FS picks. They don’t want us going for a Burgoyne at [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] either

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And if they think he is worth a pick then I am sure we would let him go. I would also bet my house that Port won’t do that because there would be better candidates available at that spot, they know Tyler wants to play for us

Maybe pick [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] - but they won’t play that game. I think within reason both clubs are respectful of FS picks. They don’t want us going for a Burgoyne at [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] either

This is the craziest formatting i have seen for a long time...

Rosetta stone firefox plugin required

We won't be upgrading 2 rookies.

Keane will be the only upgrade.

We will pick Welsh... can't believe how many got sucked into Reid being non-committal because he doesn't want other clubs to know our thinking.

However, we should be delisting a player like Burgess to give ourselves as option of trading back into the draft if there is a slider we like... but I doubt we will.

Agreed. Even if we kept a spot open for SPP after the drafts are done.

Doesn’t look likely though

You're probably right - I'd say about 80% ND vs 20% RD at this stage. I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility of upgrading 2 rookies. They're almost certainly not paying players out.

I get that forwards don't need to run midfielder-level times in the 2 km time trial, but 3 weeks is a slow 2 km time in anyone's books (only a slight exaggeration).

From memory his 20m sprint was pretty good. Perhaps the club have just focused on building power early and then taper him over another pre season for endurance.
It seemed to be credited (power training) for getting Fog up and about - recalling a Burgess interview

This is the craziest formatting i have seen for a long time...
asklegal-my-what-happens-if-you-sign-a-contract-without-reading-it-wtf-jpg.1185005

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back