List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Likely to be playing SANFL with us next year id have thought
More likely playing for Norwood, if at all.

Jack Michalanney is eligible for this year's draft, but isn't good enough to get drafted. No reason why Adelaide would want to sign him to the SANFL team for 2025, other than the "feel good" factor, but even that's minimal given that his old man never played for the Crows.

More likely playing for Norwood, if at all.

Jack Michalanney is eligible for this year's draft, but isn't good enough to get drafted. No reason why Adelaide would want to sign him to the SANFL team for 2025, other than the "feel good" factor, but even that's minimal given that his old man never played for the Crows.
Better chance of playing league footy at Adelaide really, thats why.

We shall see, it would not surprise me at all
It makes sense for them to bring in prospective F/S kids ahead of their draft year. It makes very little sense to me to bring in F/S kids who weren't good enough to get drafted.

Obviously none of the top-ups who are older than draft age were good enough to get drafted, so we do sign these players to our SANFL team. However, there's no reason for giving F/S kids any preferential treatment in this regard.

It makes sense for them to bring in prospective F/S kids ahead of their draft year. It makes very little sense to me to bring in F/S kids who weren't good enough to get drafted.

Obviously none of the top-ups who are older than draft age were good enough to get drafted, so we do sign these players to our SANFL team. However, there's no reason for giving F/S kids any preferential treatment in this regard.
I wouldn't draft him at this point but he's shown enough to be worth a shot in our SANFL team to see what he's got up close, plenty of physical development to come with his 187cm frame, good user by foot and hand, very competitive aerially with some decent intercepting marking. Put it this way he's way more skilled than some of the ammo's we've been playing and looks suited to wing/half back best.

That might be a reason for Jack Michalanney to want to sign with Adelaide. It's not a reason for Adelaide to want to sign him.
Can he nominate as a father & son next year if he improves or does he go into the general draft?

Can he nominate as a father & son next year if he improves or does he go into the general draft?
Can only be nominated as F/S the first time he nominates for the draft.

If he chooses not to nominate this year, then he would still be eligible for F/S selection next year. If he nominates for the draft, and we don't nominate him as a F/S selection, then those rights go away next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can only be nominated as F/S the first time he nominates for the draft.

If he chooses not to nominate this year, then he would still be eligible for F/S selection next year. If he nominates for the draft, and we don't nominate him as a F/S selection, then those rights go away next year.
Thanks... so makes sense he has not nominated yet.

I would look to get him in our sanfl team & hopefully his form improves to warrant listing next season.

Max Knobel delisted by Fremantle.

Is it worth cutting Strachan and picking him up?

Edit: beaten by Danger in Texas.
Worth considering if he's capable of backing of ROB if he goes down.

Pay out Strachan as our rucks are our #1 playing group risk.

OK people. Assuming we take Draper in the draft, what to do end of next year. If we had a choice of one of these for trade in (assuming we could convince one to come), who is the favorite pick of the board?

1. Nathan Wanganeen Milera
2. Matteus Phillipou
3. Finn Callaghan

I know who I would be throwing everything at in that group and its Finn Callaghan for our list.

OK people. Assuming we take Draper in the draft, what to do end of next year. If we had a choice of one of these for trade in (assuming we could convince one to come), who is the favorite pick of the board?

2. Matteus Phillipou
3. Finn Callaghan

I know who I would be throwing everything at in that group and its Finn Callaghan for our list.
Gee what a list.

Phillipou for mine as I think we could use his forward craft and mercurial ability, but really any of them would do.

2. Matteus Phillipou
3. Finn Callaghan

I doubt we’re a chance for Callaghan, reckon he’d prefer to go to a cashed-up VIC club

Tough choice between the other two - I’d go Phillipou, but he’s OOC in 2026, so NWM is more realistic next year. I’d go all out over the next couple of seasons to get both of them, though

2. Matteus Phillipou
3. Finn Callaghan

Where's that little girl with the taco's when you need her?

2. Matteus Phillipou
3. Finn Callaghan

And far and away the least likely given he was deemed a flight risk from the get go even before he was drafted to GWS.

Shit, I wish we could open a rookie spot and take Knobel before Freo re-drafts him
I’m sure it’s been said numerous times already tonight, but surely delist and pay out Strachan and take a punt on him!!

2. Matteus Phillipou
3. Finn Callaghan

Id offer either of NWM or Phillipou 5 year x 950K+ next year just to shake the branch and force St Kilda's hand.

Either of them would be very serious gets...

Agree on above, Finn C would be amazing but cant see us with any chance to get him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back