List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Id offer either of NWM or Phillipou 5 year x 950K+ next year just to shake the branch and force St Kilda's hand.

Either of them would be very serious gets...

Agree on above, Finn C would be amazing but cant see us with any chance to get him.
My preference is NWM.

Well perhaps, but Wayne is OOC and if he can't get himself on the park he's in deep shit.

We wouldn't have targeted Cumming if we trusted Milera IMO
The amount of dead weight we have on the list and people focussing on Milera, who has genuine talent? Genuinely weird bandwagon for everyone to be jumping on.

OK people. Assuming we take Draper in the draft, what to do end of next year. If we had a choice of one of these for trade in (assuming we could convince one to come), who is the favorite pick of the board?

1. Nathan Wanganeen Milera
2. Matteus Phillipou
3. Finn Callaghan

I know who I would be throwing everything at in that group and its Finn Callaghan for our list.
NWM for me. He looked really good this last season.

The amount of dead weight we have on the list and people focussing on Milera, who has genuine talent? Genuinely weird bandwagon for everyone to be jumping on.
99 games in 9 seasons and a stack of horrid injuries.

What's genuinely weird is people who think he's going to walk back into the side like he's a star of the game.

He isn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

99 games in 9 seasons and a stack of horrid injuries.

What's genuinely weird is people who think he's going to walk back into the side like he's a star of the game.

He isn't.
Who's saying that? Think there's a fair bit of middle ground between 'walk back into the side like he's a star of the game' and being delisted.

That's 2, there's 6 others. Crouch probably gets another year, but that's still 5. We've made minimum the last 2 years and we're not flushed with draft collateral next year.
Crouch and Bond PROBABLY get another year

The rest fall out of contract at a bad time (for them). I suspect we go to the free agent pool again.

Crouch and Bond PROBABLY get another year

The rest fall out of contract at a bad time (for them). I suspect we go to the free agent pool again.
The thing is the benefit of free agents is they don’t use up draft capital. If we managed our list better and made some tough calls, we should be able to bring in free agents and still draft.

We’ve ****ed this draft up, trading 45 to next year is evidence of that.

The thing is the benefit of free agents is they don’t use up draft capital. If we managed our list better and made some tough calls, we should be able to bring in free agents and still draft.

We’ve ****ed this draft up, trading 45 to next year is evidence of that.
I'm annoyed, but I'm not getting too worked up about it TBH. The Smith call was VERY dumb mind you

Had we not brought in 3 best 22 talents I'd be more inclined to melt

Who's saying that? Think there's a fair bit of middle ground between 'walk back into the side like he's a star of the game' and being delisted.
I think it’ll more be ‘lacks opportunity to crack into the side after getting back to speed, given form of various half-backs, and looks to move to a club with less HB depth’

He won’t be delisted, but he might well move on his own accord

I'm annoyed, but I'm not getting too worked up about it TBH. The Smith call was VERY dumb mind you

Had we not brought in 3 best 22 talents I'd be more inclined to melt
To build a premiership list, especially given our history of stuffing things up, you’ve got to eliminate stupid mistakes.

Bringing in 3 quality players doesn’t mean you can’t participate in this draft especially when we only used one pick from this draft to secure those players.

Everyone is raving about the draft and yet we’ve got one pick in it and moved 45 to next next year, we are the 15th ranked team going through a rebuild and yet we are tight on list spots? That’s just poor list management, there’s no sugar coating it.

They're clearly blinded by the numbers

We're inexperienced overall in terms of games played so they didn't want to let Smith go. Were happy to keep him, even though they know he's declining.

The thing is, our inexperience is exaggerated. Worrell for instance is a mature body, calm head. That's experience. He doesn't have games played though, for various factors (injuries and our ineptitude).

Hinge has had injuries and couldn't break into a stronger Brisbane side early. Doesn't give us significant games played but is experienced by any meaningful measure.

A bunch of our players have fewer games played than they should because we've selected cautiously in previous years (we don't now pleasingly) and dicked around with duds for years who we've since moved past.

We don't differentiate between "games played" and the mature, calming influence that experience supposedly provides. Max for instance displays surety under pressure that you want your leaders to show. Old head, young shoulders. We don't have faith that he can fill the Smith leadership void.

What does experience look like on field? We only see the numbers

They're clearly blinded by the numbers

We're inexperienced overall in terms of games played so they didn't want to let Smith go. Were happy to keep him, even though they know he's declining.

The thing is, our inexperience is exaggerated. Worrell for instance is a mature body, calm head. That's experience. He doesn't have games played though, for various factors (injuries and our ineptitude).

Hinge has had injuries and couldn't break into a stronger Brisbane side early. Doesn't give us significant games played but is experienced by any meaningful measure.

A bunch of our players have fewer games played than they should because we've selected cautiously in previous years (we don't now pleasingly) and dicked around with duds for years who we've since moved past.

We don't differentiate between "games played" and the mature, calming influence that experience supposedly provides. Max for instance displays surety under pressure that you want your leaders to show. Old head, young shoulders. We don't have faith that he can fill the Smith leadership void.

What does experience look like on field? We only see the numbers
Yep and why I challenged Carmo to point out which inexperienced players let us down and cost us games.

I would have thought the players who had a more negative say on our performance this year were Tex, down on 2023 huge year, Laird eventually shunted from the midfield, Rob dropped and missing top 10 B&F again, Murphy sucking and Smith apologising to his teammates and being dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back