List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We can buy English as a FA :$

ROB is a total liability, quicker we move him and Strachan on the better. But yes, realise we do need a ruckman first.
I still like the idea of English, but I also think we'll get a bunch of managers pitching us their ruckman clients in the off season. We're obviously in the market.

I still like the idea of English, but I also think we'll get a bunch of managers pitching us their ruckman clients in the off season. We're obviously in the market.

Surely English is already done and if there’s any truth in us looking at other rucks, it’s not us he’s going to.

I'm going to say no. Mutineer likes ROB and thinks Playstation is two words.
Wrong as usual, all I'm saying is ROB is levels above Strachan from an AFL ruck perspective, if it's possible to find a significant upgrade all well and good but then it depends if you think a ruck should take up a significant part of the salary cap which for example Tim English would, certainly a fair bit more than ROB is on currently and into the future. For the record English is not near the A grade tap ruckmen in the League, his value is more around the ground.

Surely English is already done and if there’s any truth in us looking at other rucks, it’s not us he’s going to.
Yes indeed. English is West Coast bound. Perth boy, owns a house there, partner plays netball for West Coast, they need a ruckman, have $$$ to spend. If he ended up in Adelaide, would be as big a shock as there has been in player movement for some time.

Yes indeed. English is West Coast bound. Perth boy, owns a house there, partner plays netball for West Coast, they need a ruckman, have $$$ to spend. If he ended up in Adelaide, would be as big a shock as there has been in player movement for some time.
Update maybe Mr English even stays in Victoria for obvious reasons

Mentioned in another forum, is Dante Visentini from Port gettable? Can’t crack a regular game yet would be an upgrade on ROB and Strachan

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Could have picked up his brother Vigo in the rookie Draft who iss even more athletic than brother Dante...The Bombers picked him up at pick 8 in the rookie draft even though they had Todd Goldstein, Sam Draper and Nick Bryan already on their list....see where I'm going witrh this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have picked up his brother Vigo in the rookie Draft who iss even more athletic than brother Dante...The Bombers picked him up at pick 8 in the rookie draft even though they had Todd Goldstein, Sam Draper and Nick Bryan already on their list....see where I'm going witrh this?

Our talent ID didn’t rate anyone after our last pick enough to push for Sloane to not take up a spot on the list?

Wrong as usual, all I'm saying is ROB is levels above Strachan from an AFL ruck perspective, if it's possible to find a significant upgrade all well and good but then it depends if you think a ruck should take up a significant part of the salary cap which for example Tim English would, certainly a fair bit more than ROB is on currently and into the future. For the record English is not near the A grade tap ruckmen in the League, his value is more around the ground.
Losing on Moyle was disappointing. An early 20s ruck with a good contract and potential to overtake ROB would be ideal.

Our talent ID didn’t rate anyone after our last pick enough to push for Sloane to not take up a spot on the list?
Did Sloane kick your dog?

And you go on about me over Strachan when you somehow bring Sloane into your every BF sessions infinitum...

Did Sloane kick your dog?

And you go on about me over Strachan when you somehow bring Sloane into your every BF sessions infinitum...

First time he’s been mentioned in months. Now, answer the question. Why did our talent ID/LM prefer Sloane over any of the players drafted after our last pick? We could have had the ruckman you referred to if we had a spot available.

Yeah, let's hear it, we're talking a significant upgrade on ROB, run some names by us that would be gettable for very little?

I’m not a ROB hater. However he has been poor this year, either he’s out of form or past it. I hope it’s the former but we need to plan for the latter.

Grundy, Goldstein, Cameron, Pittonet, McInerney, Meek all were acquired cheaply.

Years ago we go Jacobs dirt cheap.

I don’t know who the guy is, funnily enough I’m not a full time recruiter. The point is clubs are able to find very good options very cheaply on a consistent basis. We don’t need to give up a huge amount.

ROB should be kept around if we can’t find another worthwhile ruck at the end of the year

We’ll find it very, very difficult to rise up the ladder while ROB is our ruckman

Both can be true

Too late now but the question needs to be asked why we weren’t investing in a ruck in the later rounds/rookie draft/midseason draft.

Players like Sweet or Visentini. At worse they ruck for your 2s and are a warm body when required, and at best you end up with your first choice ruck for a stretch.

Fun fact the last time we drafted a ruckman in the main draft was 2004 when we actually took 2 and in the same year 1 in the rookie draft. The year before we took Ben Hudson with pick 58 amazingly. All prior to Matt Rendell/Hamish Ogilvie/Justin Reid.

Pick 8 Main Draft John Meesen

Pick 40 Main Draft Ivan Maric

Pick 21 Rookie Draft Jonathan Griffen

Too late now but the question needs to be asked why we weren’t investing in a ruck in the later rounds/rookie draft/midseason draft.

Players like Sweet or Visentini. At worse they ruck for your 2s and are a warm body when required, and at best you end up with your first choice ruck for a stretch.
Sensible Crow specifically asked Reid this question last year and was told ROB was first choice for a long time to come, and ruck wasn't a need.

Reid's an idiot.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back