List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Conceptually, what's happened this year - and the reason why we've gone backwards - can be shown in the following graph:
View attachment 2090254

In 2020, we were getting SFA from our youngsters, and everything was reliant on our veterans.

The output of our youngsters has improved every year, while the output from our veterans remained roughly constant up to 2023.

In 2024 the output from our veterans has fallen off a cliff. The output from the kids has improved significantly, but not enough to cover the veterans' fall from grace. The cumulative result of which is the team going backwards in 2024.

The graph is only intended to demonstrate the concept. Please don't try to put hard numbers to it.
Pretty good assessment

Smith gone .....Laird should be gone, our worst player against SYD .....and Tex moved like a draught horse .....Sloane we know has already gone

Nankervis good tonight, but 24 games inexperienced

Always engage with people who make an effort to elaborate a point .....much more informative than "player x is ****"
We've been trying to engage you in elaborate debate for ages. I'm not going to deny there is a lot of good points in your argument. I think a lot of where I'm coming from is at what stage can we start to question Nick's and it's not just the players?

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It took me about 2 minutes, while Sydney were playing kick to kick in the 4th quarter. Making the graph was arguably a better use of my time than watching the Swans playing out junk time.

Do you have any comment about what the graph shows? Do you agree/disagree with it? Do you understand it?

Its meaningless. What exactly are you measuring to determine "output"?

We've been trying to engage you in elaborate debate for ages. I'm not going to deny there is a lot of good points in your argument. I think a lot of where I'm coming from is at what stage can we start to question Nick's and it's not just the players?

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app
;)

ezgif-1-05cfdb4b4c.gif

Its meaningless. What exactly are you measuring to determine "output"?
It's not intended to be a specific metric. It's their overall performance and ability to impact games. I'm trying to visualise the concept here, as I explained in the text.

Smith, Laird and Tex have all fallen off a cliff this year, relative to their previous output. With Sloane also retired, the collective output from the senior group has crashed.

The younger group shows a collective organic growth, as they mature and gain experience. However, this hasn't been enough to compensate for the reduced output from the veterans.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nicks press conference made me think tex contract very much directly linked to Luko and we won’t hear about that until we know what’s going on there
It would be an absolute travesty if we land Luko and they force Walker out without him having been given an opportunity to farewell the supporters.

I argued before that there isn't room for both Tex and Luko in the same team, so I understand where they are coming from, from a logical perspective. However, treating a club Legend like this is completely unacceptable.

It would be an absolute travesty if we land Luko and they force Walker out without him having been given an opportunity to farewell the supporters.

I argued before that there isn't room for both Tex and Luko in the same team, so I understand where they are coming from, from a logical perspective. However, treating a club Legend like this is completely unacceptable.

Wouldn’t be the first time unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We dont know what the conversations are behind closed doors. Maybe we proposed everything to tex about a farewell game, his future on the list and Tex said he is not wanting to retire. Not everything is the clubs fault here. Sloane cost himself a farewell game by refusing to retire too.

Disagree big time, Luko is far more versatile than Tex especially at this point in their careers.Tex at a max has 1 more year left in the tank, Luko you would think at least 6 maybe more so other than 2025 they wouldn't be competing for the same spot. One of the big differences we saw last night is Sydney have players like Gulden, Campbell, Blakey etc that are elite users by foot...guess what Luko is an elite user also.

Pretty good assessment

Smith gone .....Laird should be gone, our worst player against SYD .....and Tex moved like a draught horse .....Sloane we know has already gone

Nankervis good tonight, but 24 games inexperienced

The Sloane one really annoys me. I know he didn't get a good run at it due to the eye injury but everyone could see he was never going to make it through a full season.

What's worse is the main reason for keeping him was due to his leadership and having him around the group. So much so he has kept training at times since retiring. That's worked a treat.

I'll lose it if we offer him a player development role.

Disagree big time, Luko is far more versatile than Tex especially at this point in their careers.Tex at a max has 1 more year left in the tank, Luko you would think at least 6 maybe more so other than 2025 they wouldn't be competing for the same spot. One of the big differences we saw last night is Sydney have players like Gulden, Campbell, Blakey etc that are elite users by foot...guess what Luko is an elite user also.

One cross over year will be no issue - Luko probably has 8-9 years left
Tex would just need to understand he may only play 50% of the time in the ones

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tex should call it himself. Not the clubs fault.

You right though there is no way Nicks was up on the Gold Coast selling the role to Luko where Tex was involved in the 2025 forward line.

We dont know what the conversations are behind closed doors. Maybe we proposed everything to tex about a farewell game, his future on the list and Tex said he is not wanting to retire. Not everything is the clubs fault here. Sloane cost himself a farewell game by refusing to retire too.
I remember the back part of 2023 and crowds were cheering Rory a lot more than usual, I think because we all thought it was the last run we were gonna see of him because he was going to retire.

Maybe gave Sloane a bit of a "They love me, I gotta keep playing!" thought.

I agree but it also does seem like it’s also in tex and what he wants to do.

If he’s adamant he wants to play on and we told him there’s no guarantees and will wait to post season and he’s ok with that there’s not much more we can do

Just awkward situation

Coukd also be he has an offer to stay but the value and nature depends on luko

Ie if we get him tex kniws he’s depth but if not there’s a role in best22.

Maybe Tex wants to wait as if it’s the latter he stays as we know his preference but if it’s depth only he entertains the offers elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back