List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another older mid to take away from our young mids development, no thanks
Half forward
We thought so, then 2024 rolled around.
You'll be right. Probably slightly over achieved last year and have under achieved this year. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Lots of young talent. Need Thilthorpe back ASAP.

Half forward

You'll be right. Probably slightly over achieved last year and have under achieved this year. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Lots of young talent. Need Thilthorpe back ASAP.
Yep, not because he’ll make a difference, but he just needs games under him.

You don't need to tell me anything about Kane McAuliffe he's one player I'm very well aware of right back to his Central Augusta junior days...had hoped the Crows were having a serious look given Kane came through our Crows Academy as a Pt. Augusta born and bred. Father John is a legend of the Central Augusta Football club as a player, coach and committeman.
We would have screwed up his development anyway, I wish that wasn't true but unfortunately it is IMO

If our list management team have any idea we should be doing something like this.

Welsh- FS
Michalanney Jr - FS
2024 1st - Best Mid available
2025 1st and 2024 2nd - Available for trade for a really good player.

They should also put offers to all of the following free agents, not saying they are all stars but they are a free hit and are better than what we currently have.

FA
Jarrod Berry - Bris
Hugh McCluggage - Bris
Andrew McGrath - Ess
Jake Kolodjashnij - Gee
Ben Ainsworth - GC
Darcy Macpherson - GC
Isaac Cumming - GWS
Harry Perryman - GWS
Blake Hardwick - Haw
Harry Morrison - Haw
Conor Nash - Haw
Cam Zurhaar - NM
Ollie Florent - Syd
Will Hayward - Syd
Tim English - WB

Again we may only land 1 or 2 of them but they are a free hit that doesn't cost us anything except cap space and all would be an improvement what we currently have.
I don't mind this approach, as you say even 1 or 2 could be a good list boost.
We do need a big list cull currently and honestly if we make 11 spots available we have a better chance to pick up late list fillers in the draft.
Caveat being we pick kids that can football and get some people at the club that can bring the best out of them. We seem to have pretty good results picking up later draft picks 😀

The biggest get for the recruitment team in the Nicks era has obviously been Jordan Dawson, a top tier player who has only improved sinced joining Adelaide. A huge net positive compared to the cost.

The next biggest is Izak Rankine. Another great player. But getting Rankine could only ever barely be considered break even at best given he's basically a like-for-like swap for Tyson Stengle's place in the squad.

Below that: Keays? Hinge?

The biggest get for the recruitment team in the Nicks era has obviously been Jordan Dawson, a top tier player who has only improved sinced joining Adelaide. A huge net positive compared to the cost.

The next biggest is Izak Rankine. Another great player. But getting Rankine could only ever barely be considered break even at best given he's basically a like-for-like swap for Tyson Stengle's place in the squad.

Below that: Keays? Hinge?
Rankine is so much better than Stengle they don't even compare.

Dawson and Rankine two absolutely huge recruits. Unfortunately we probably need a couple more to make up for our poor drafting

Stengle has a premiership to his name and has made an All-Australian team. And achieved those things while younger than Rankine is now.

Even if your claims were true. Rankine wasn't free AND Adelaide expended significant resources paying Stengle not to play for Adelaide.

Dawson and Rankine two absolutely huge recruits. Unfortunately we probably need a couple more to make up for our poor drafting

Give anyone pick 5 to play with and it's hard to trade for anything less than Rankine. And given our obvious midfield weakness, it wasn't a great trade to make.

The difference is if we still had Stengle we wouldn't need to hear the "but we can't make Rankine a mid, we need him up forward" talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly said this and next year up for grabs to bring in players. *******, concentrate on free agents and use our top 4 mid on a gun mid in the draft.

If they trade our pick for anything other than a proven elite midfielder they will **** the rebuild

Please don’t be Petty. I would like Petty but the cost would be way too high.

We need to attack the FA hard where The 2024 FA I would target is:
Hayward (RFA) - Allow Rachele/Rankine to be in the midfield more
Cumming and Perryman - Add some run and dash from defence, wouldn’t cost anything and would replace Milera with his injury woes
Florent - Would add class on the wing

I would let EH walk, Parnell & Hamill delist, Sloane retire. Put McHenry, Gollant and Sholl on the trade block.

We should look at opportunities to trade next years first round pick into this years round as it’s a midfields draft.

I have a real fear it will be Petty. If it was Phillipou, I could live with that but would want points coming back for Welsh
We only have to wait another year to get him trade free.

Shaping like the one that got away unfortunately..Sub on debut yesterday at Norwood Oval and only got on with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter and got quite a bit of it before rolling his ankle early in the last quarter and taking no further part. He already had 4 disposals, a clearance and 3 tackles in his short time out there...Previously 2 B.O.G.'s for the Richmond VFL and currently atop the VFL coaches Leaderboard after 2 rounds.

What’s his disposal like normally?
I saw his efficiency was 50% from those 4 disposals?

As it stands, in this years draft we hold our first rounder, likely 8-10

Our second rounder is a minimum 20 picks later (picks 19 & 20 are Norf PP's they traded to Swans and GC) plus pushed out by F/S, Academy matches, so around low 30s at best

We hold Melbourne's second rounder, low 40's

Our third rounder say low 50's

That's no great draft hand when we also need to match a bid on Welsh

If we float our 2025 first, it won't yield a particularly high pick, late teens at best IMO. Clubs are wary about clubs jumping up the ladder

None of our likely delists is worth anything

As it stands, in this years draft we hold our first rounder, likely 8-10

Our second rounder is a minimum 20 picks later (picks 19 & 20 are Norf PP's they traded to Swans and GC) plus pushed out by F/S, Academy matches, so around low 30s at best

We hold Melbourne's second rounder, low 40's

Our third rounder say low 50's

That's no great draft hand when we also need to match a bid on Welsh

If we float our 2025 first, it won't yield a particularly high pick, late teens at best IMO. Clubs are wary about clubs jumping up the ladder

None of our likely delists is worth anything
We don't have our second rounder, it's already been traded away.

You think our first rounder could be as late as 10??

Shaping like the one that got away unfortunately..Sub on debut yesterday at Norwood Oval and only got on with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter and got quite a bit of it before rolling his ankle early in the last quarter and taking no further part. He already had 4 disposals, a clearance and 3 tackles in his short time out there...Previously 2 B.O.G.'s for the Richmond VFL and currently atop the VFL coaches Leaderboard after 2 rounds.

You mean another player Hamish has missed. If only he had the benefit of hindsight…..

Calm down 🤣🤣

We don't have our second rounder, it's already been traded away.

You think our first rounder could be as late as 10??
Not according to the last list I saw on the AFL website, we still had our second rounder. What do you think we did with it? anyone?

We're not finishing bottom group, we'll regroup, win enough at home and against Norf, WCE, Hawks twice, Essendon are useless, we'll push towards the eight without ever being a chance, so 8-10 I reckon. If it's worse than that Nicks will be in strife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back