List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you suggest?
Unless we get a decent deal hold him to his contract, pick 26 will likely become pick 30+ with Ashcroft, Smith, Marshall. Lombard. Welsh, B Camporeale etc all possibly being bid on before 26.

This is all made more complicated by the AFL not clarifying whether it's bringing in the bidding changes for this year or not, but imo we should be planning to cobble together points for Welsh from low picks, even if it means going into a small deficit. His underwhelming year (to date) has given us an opportunity that didn't look there at the start of the year. I would prefer if we viewed any potential draft pick from a Keane deal as a separate bonus.

WOW, 14 disposals. Upgrade his contract.
Have you watched the game?.. he may have only had 14 possies but they were pretty bloody good ones.. he also layed a heap of tackles.. not bad for his first full game in the middle.

We shouldve been playing him in the centre at SANFL level from R1.. he’d probably be averaging 20-25 possessions by now..

And I’d take 20-25 of his possessions over 40 of that absolute spud Rory Laird’s possessions..

Unless we get a decent deal hold him to his contract, pick 26 will likely become pick 30+ with Ashcroft, Smith, Marshall. Lombard. Welsh, B Camporeale etc all possibly being bid on before 26.
It’s a shame we’ll have a minimal window to view all of Worrell, Murray, Keane and Butts in the same backline. However, until that mix is proven functional or we’re keen to swing one of them forward, Keane looks like the one most surplus to needs. He’s also an UFA next year, holding out will not increase his value.

Keane is better than Ratugolea who was traded for pick 25, and Keane is contracted

Surely we'd be asking for future 1st with maybe something going back. What about Laird, plus we pay his remaining contract, and Keane for their future first? Not a bad deal and if it ends up being 10 or so, they can sell Laird having value. Gets him away from our midfield and we get a first rounder for Keane.

Hasn’t got any other game?
Didn’t someone say he’s the cleanest bloke below his knees he’s seen come though?
Look that's my opinion after watching m,ultiple games he's played, I'm fine if others disagree, nothing he does jumps out at me at this point.

He has never got near a representative side so you be the judge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we'd be asking for future 1st with maybe something going back. What about Laird, plus we pay his remaining contract, and Keane for their future first? Not a bad deal and if it ends up being 10 or so, they can sell Laird having value. Gets him away from our midfield and we get a first rounder for Keane.
i wouldn't trade Laird in this deal..... ! rather trade McFumbles or Smurphy + Keane for a future first.

Laird should be a late first or early second by himself lol.

Look that's my opinion after watching m,ultiple games he's played, I'm fine if others disagree, nothing he does jumps out at me at this point.

He has never got near a representative side so you be the judge.
What about the Camporeale boys - at what point do Carlton struggle to match bids for both, meaning could a high enough bid say in the 11-20 range snare one of them???

Hasn’t got any other game?
Didn’t someone say he’s the cleanest bloke below his knees he’s seen come though?
His coach said that in an article a couple of months ago, hopefully there’s something there to work with, but not getting selected for any of the U’18 games doesn’t bode well for his draft chances.

I’d still take a punt given it’ll be a free hit as a rookie pick

This is the year to go to the draft. I rate this group highly and it runs pretty deep. we can set ourselves up for the future by using this years first, next years first and other picks we may be able to secure as well as the picks we currently have. We can get a quality mid or two, a ruckman and a key forward or intercept defender if we play our cards right.

This is not the time to trade away our picks for players who may only help in the short term or who have major issues atm.

Tassie is coming soon. We need to keep picking youth at this time to get quality kids into the side before most are forced to go across to the apple isle

If we do go for trades they should be for younger players on the fringe atm who because of team depth cannot get a game presently or who are in and out of the side but have huge upside

There are also still some free agents we could look at that could help our cause eg Cumming

Let’s not miss the opportunity to get some real talent into the squad with the 2024 draft class

This is the year to go to the draft. I rate this group highly and it runs pretty deep. we can set ourselves up for the future by using this years first, next years first and other picks we may be able to secure as well as the picks we currently have. We can get a quality mid or two, a ruckman and a key forward or intercept defender if we play our cards right.

This is not the time to trade away our picks for players who may only help in the short term or who have major issues atm.

Tassie is coming soon. We need to keep picking youth at this time to get quality kids into the side before most are forced to go across to the apple isle

If we do go for trades they should be for younger players on the fringe atm who because of team depth cannot get a game presently or who are in and out of the side but have huge upside

There are also still some free agents we could look at that could help our cause eg Cumming

Let’s not miss the opportunity to get some real talent into the squad with the 2024 draft class

Yep, I agree. Think this is the draft where we can basically top off our rebuild. We should be sufficiently well-positioned to land a premium mid, someone like Draper, and hopefully a project ruck or small forward (the two other holes on our list) together with cobbling together the points for Welsh. I'm a little wary of bringing forward 2025 picks because it'll mean conceding we have no chance for Dyson Sharp, but ideally we're not finishing bottom 4 again next year anyway so it'd be moot. If there are two mids we like the look of, trade our F1 for a 2024 first and grab them too.

Plus if Keane does leave that will net us some additional draft capital, either this year or next – which could maybe go towards a small forward/ruck (insert as required, depending on which gap we don't fill this year).

Back