List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

While I was driving into work this week I was listening to Roo on the radio

He said very seriously "How does the insurance policy on Taylor Swifts legs work?"

Ditts said "If anything happens to her legs she will get a payout, its like any other insurance policy"

Roo "Ohhhh"

Then it hit me, this bloke is my clubs football director.
Not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

what a laughable assessment

GC simply won’t do that deal, they don’t have to do that deal

you need to pay to get a player out if a club when he’s under contract, especially a player who is a high draft pick

second round pick, or a pack of second round picks doesn’t get it done

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why is it laughable, have you actually watched many of GC's games?

The 2018 draft was 6 years ago so where he was drafted back then doesn't really factor into his current trade value. He's been in the system for a while now and it's fair to say that he's been a disappointment, he's not even playing tonight because he was dropped.

There was talk last year that GC we considing his future and I'm guessing that they hoped that Hardwick might have had more of an impact on him this year.

I suspect that GC may be trying to get his contact off the books, I think the suggestion that' he's worth an early 2nd rounder is definitely around the mark as to what he's worth.

Andrew, King, Walter is their future. Would love for him to request a trade here and to be more of a utility.

Watching Oliver tonight, his explosiveness is gone and his effort is atricous. They had to move him out the middle, went to HB for 5 minutes and conceeded 3 shots in that period before being dragged.

I understand the no preseason excuse but there is an effort issue. Theres a reasonable chance he's a lemon.

Last edited:

I am not so sure that Lukosius is not in the Gold Coast plans as he has only missed 2 games this year. He might just be Hardwick's whipping boy. Surely Rory Atkins is not ahead of him.

Rioli is not exactly a like for like replacement.

what a laughable assessment

GC simply won’t do that deal, they don’t have to do that deal

you need to pay to get a player out if a club when he’s under contract, especially a player who is a high draft pick

second round pick, or a pack of second round picks doesn’t get it done

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Seeing Mac Andrew live last night, along with their other many young guns, make no mistake its Suns pushing Luko out. They will need massive $$ to hold on to their possibly leagues best elite young talent inc Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, Andrew, Humphrey, the big 4 from last year, Lombard, next years gun etc. potentially 8-10 elite players on their books by end of next year. If Luko is costing 700k ish before uplifts that’s the reason we would be getting him and also means on reflection we won’t need to give up full market value

They could move up another 2-3 spots still so hopefully no first round pick swaps this year (what was looking like 6 for 4, could well become 8 or 9 for 4. Not attractive)

But seriously, IF Luko comes out and states he wants out and specifically wants a trade to Adelaide - GC have little bargaining power other than 'holding him' to his contract.

Fine - but realistically this rarely happens, teams simply don't want mentally checked out players who have publicly said they want out. Dimma isn't keeping him and his salary to run around in the 2's when they are likely have to pay a big contract to Daniel Rioli and all their gun Academy picks in a few years. It just isn't smart business by them.

Given the ridiculous trades they have done in recent years - a future 2nd is reasonable market value given what he's done this year.
Little bargaining power? Don’t you mean GC has ALL the power?

If crows get offered a fifth round pick for a contracted Keane would you accept it saying has is mentally checked out and we need to accept it otherwise a professional athlete will happily devalue themself, check out and play reserves.

Make no mistake if Suns want Luko to stay he would be. They have the power here - no question.

I know they usually have a lot of picks to use, but their development might be best in the league. Miles better than ours

In fact, their successful development (together with them seemingly losing a couple of best 22 guys each year) is probably the reason they have access to so many good picks
They also seem to have built a rock solid culture. Very impressive footy club given the location and lack of a supporter base. Hoping they win the flag this year.

Little bargaining power? Don’t you mean GC has ALL the power?

If crows get offered a fifth round pick for a contracted Keane would you accept it saying has is mentally checked out and we need to accept it otherwise a professional athlete will happily devalue themself, check out and play reserves.

Make no mistake if Suns want Luko to stay he would be. They have the power here - no question.

That’s the whole point. Luko only goes to another club if GC don’t want him. And that’s where they lose bargaining power. Obviously they have all the power as to whether he stays or not

But this is likely to be a little more Bowes than Rankine

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good question. It would guarantee Draper or FOS for us at 2. Pick 4, possibly. So a pick swap. IF we were absolutely wedded to Draper and were scared WCE were going to take him, then i would do this as it could get us Dodson as well.

Crows
In: picks 2 and 22.
Out: picks 4 and f1

North
In: 4 & f1
Out: 2 & 22.

I guess north are still going to get the guy they probably like at 4 and upgrade their 2nd this year to a f1 next year.

I am sure Mutineer & Jeffcrowe could throw some names at us at pick 22 that would be good gets this year. But ultimately its a pay for guaranteeing that player we really covet this year at next years expense

Watch port get 2 first round picks for Houston and then swap both of these with west coast for pick 3

That’s the whole point. Luko only goes to another club if GC don’t want him. And that’s where they lose bargaining power. Obviously they have all the power as to whether he stays or not

But this is likely to be a little more Bowes than Rankine

Ok interesting perspective. You actually think we will get paid a draft pick to take on Luko and contract?

Good question. It would guarantee Draper or FOS for us at 2. Pick 4, possibly. So a pick swap. IF we were absolutely wedded to Draper and were scared WCE were going to take him, then i would do this as it could get us Dodson as well.

Crows
In: picks 2 and 22.
Out: picks 4 and f1

North
In: 4 & f1
Out: 2 & 22.

I guess north are still going to get the guy they probably like at 4 and upgrade their 2nd this year to a f1 next year.

I am sure Mutineer & Jeffcrowe could throw some names at us at pick 22 that would be good gets this year. But ultimately its a pay for guaranteeing that player we really covet this year at next years expense
Some crackers are likely to be available at pick 22

Lots of small front half players , mids and some talls

The dream would be the SA ruck Dodson there but likely to be taken as is quite special

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not so sure that Lukosius is not in the Gold Coast plans as he has only missed 2 games this year. He might just be Hardwick's whipping boy. Surely Rory Atkins is not ahead of him.

Rioli is not exactly a like for like replacement.
Hardwick picked Atkins in round 2, dropped him and then selected him after excellent form in the VFL and then dropped him again. He hasn't been recall despite excellent VFL form.
1723343458413.png

Watch port get 2 first round picks for Houston and then swap both of these with west coast for pick 3

Lol, what are you smoking?

They also seem to have built a rock solid culture. Very impressive footy club given the location and lack of a supporter base. Hoping they win the flag this year.

They absolutely nailed their early recruiting from a culture perspective. Getting Cornes, Brogan and Power in definitely helped, and nearly 15 years on going after Davis and Ward was massive. While they’re both good players, neither were ever out and out stars, however have clearly been exceptional leaders and helped build that culture. I don’t know if that was necessarily intentional but it’s worked brilliantly.

You contrast that with what the Gold Coast did, obviously Ablett is a star, and he’s my GOAT, but probably wasn’t a great captain, and clearly didn’t do a lot for developing their culture.

I hope Tassie learn this lesson before they enter.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- regardless of whether Gollant makes it or not. If we end up having to delist Gollant because we signed Burgess up for two years that is a huge list management blunder.
I'm not sure that we'd be delisting Gollant because we signed Burgess. We'll be delisting Gollant because he's just no good. He'd be gone regardless of whether or not we signed Burgess last year.

I'm not sure that we'd be delisting Gollant because we signed Burgess. We'll be delisting Gollant because he's just no good. He'd be gone regardless of whether or not we signed Burgess last year.
Gollant has talent.

Burgess does not for AFL level.

Gollant deserves a recall next week after kicking 8 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back