List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Nank and he has come a long way in a few short years. And he has the number 1 ability of being on the park which counts for a lot

But he isn’t in the same stratosphere as Milera as a player - and that has shown up big time in the last few weeks. Geelong must have caught him with the ball 5-6 times, the goal he gave away against the Power was embarrassingly poor

He has had a great season so may just be soreness or fatigue impacting him - but a fit Milera and a fit Cumming are both clearly in front of him (whether they can be fit is another question)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Milera is a complete BUST and that’s not only because of injuries

Even when injury free Milera has been inconsistent and has not reached anywhere near what was forecast to be his potential, not to mention he consistently plays safe, doesn’t use his speed often enough to break lines, or his supposedly elite kick to ignite our offense

Milera’s so-called elite talent is no more than a myth that we have only ever seen in patches

I’ll taken Nank every day of the week, he’s tough, he’s resilient and he’s got pretty good footy IQ

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even when injury free Milera has been inconsistent and has not reached anywhere near what was forecast to be his potential, not to mention he consistently plays safe, doesn’t use his speed often enough to break lines, or his supposedly elite kick to ignite our offense

Milera’s so-called elite talent is no more than a myth that we have only ever seen in patches

I’ll taken Nank every day of the week, he’s tough, he’s resilient and he’s got pretty good footy IQ

Agree.

Milera is almost 6 years older and 80 games experience ahead with serious doubts he'll ever return to anything like his best football after a serios injury

Cummings is 5 years older and 79 games experience and has had recurring quad and several hamstring issues that's seen him hardly play at all this season.. Recurring hamstring injuries are nothing to be sneezed at.

You're entitled to your opinion but I think Nankervis has shown the potential to be better than both when he gets the experience. Looking to the future it's a no brainer even just age and experience wise.
You look at Cumming for the athletic traits he possesses, which is clearly one of our weaknesses, especially when Rankine’s not playing

Hear me out.

Should we trade Rachele back to Victoria?

We need mids and we have an opportunity to trade in some top players who need a spot in the 22. He is a good player and could net us a top 10 pick via many of the vic sides out of the 8. Which could gift us the opportunity to get some really good draftees and recruits into our system. Yes he will turn into an A grade player but I think he adds greater value for us being traded out for a decent pick that we can use.

In other words sacrificing the one player for the long term.

Milera enjoys what comes with being on an AFL list but he's not super keen to play AFL. His contract came up for renewal at the right time. The next one will be interesting.

Hear me out.

We need mids and we have an opportunity to trade in some top players who need a spot in the 22. He is a good player and could net us a top 10 pick via many of the vic sides out of the 8. Which could gift us the opportunity to get some really good draftees and recruits into our system. Yes he will turn into an A grade player but I think he adds greater value for us being traded out for a decent pick that we can use.

If we could get a top 10 pick in this draft, I'd do it as it could net us a Lalor with a Draper with our own pick. The alternative is sack our coach Monday next week and get anew one in that might have a better idea how to get the best out of Rachele.

I would have thought that's an excellent result for GCS. I can't imagine they're expecting a first in any transaction for Luko, so getting a F1 for Luko and 20 seems very good.

You could be right, I am guessing on this one.

I just think they will want at least a 1st possibly more. They got into a bidding war with us for his last contract which resulted in them overpaying for him so that might count against us.

If we could get a top 10 pick in this draft, I'd do it as it could net us a Lalor with a Draper with our own pick. The alternative is sack our coach Monday next week and get anew one in that might have a better idea how to get the best out of Rachele.

This is an area I think clubs are too scared to be seen to be doing. Its usually players requesting to leave and fringe players who get traded. But whens the last time a club has traded out a decent player for the longer term benefit of the list. Port did Wingard but Wingard wanted out. But they got it to work and theyve been better. So if you have the right player perhaps not performing to their maximum but they will net you a good pick, then perhaps its worth considering.

You could be right, I am guessing on this one.

I just think they will want at least a 1st possibly more. They got into a bidding war with us for his last contract which resulted in them overpaying for him so that might count against us.
The F1 for 20 and Luko is a starting point. It could vary with us adding in our 3rd rounder OR the melbourne pick for their pick 38. Picks 38 & 43 should be enough to secure ANB. So in summary that could look like this

Adelaide
Out: F1, 28
In Luko, 20 & 38

Or
Adelaide
Out: F1 & 43
In: Luko & 20

Only problem is will 20 be too late for Dodson whom the crows are apparently keen on iirc? maybe.

The unknown is Keane - if its true he wants out, being under contract we might be able to secure a low 20's pick for him ad in that case, the Melbourne pick and our F2 may be enough for Luko. We then would need to try to do something to upgrade into the teens for Dodson using our F1 whilst getting back an F2 somehow.

Ahh spitballing is fun and it always ends up different from what we think could happen :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an area I think clubs are too scared to be seen to be doing. Its usually players requesting to leave and fringe players who get traded. But whens the last time a club has traded out a decent player for the longer term benefit of the list. Port did Wingard but Wingard wanted out. But they got it to work and theyve been better. So if you have the right player perhaps not performing to their maximum but they will net you a good pick, then perhaps its worth considering.
It would have to be a club enquiring for him as part of a further trade deal. Ie GC wanting him say and he is open to a move where their pick 5 comes to us with Luko and maybe Rach and our F1 go to them, but he would have to be open to it and the other club would have to be initiating that. something along those lines.

It would have to be a club enquiring for him as part of a further trade deal. Ie GC wanting him say and he is open to a move where their pick 5 comes to us with Luko and maybe Rach and our F1 go to them, but he would have to be open to it and the other club would have to be initiating that. something along those lines.

Clubs ask about every player during trade week. We put Rash up, he will attract attention. Doesnt have to be from a club with a player we have interest in. We can use that pick to on trade or keep it and use in the draft. Either or.

Hear me out.

No way. Not for a draft pick - you just start the cycle 3 years later again and hope that the pick will turn out even better. With no guarantees. If he was part of getting a gun mid ( LDU or Petracca etc) then maybe consider it - but we need to get away from drafting and into trading in experience and class

No way. Not for a draft pick - you just start the cycle 3 years later again and hope that the pick will turn out even better. With no guarantees. If he was part of getting a gun mid ( LDU or Petracca etc) then maybe consider it - but we need to get away from drafting and into trading in experience and class

Thats what I was thinking. Gives us a top 10 pick to throw towards bringing in a gun player. And it allows us to keep our first this year and next. Gives us a lot of flexibility at the trade table and in drafting.

Hear me out.

No.

A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush IMO.

You're not going to get a contracted established star midfielder for a top 10 pick unless it's for a pick right at the pointy end and even then the player has to agreeable to come to Adelaide on a long term contract.

We're already short of quality small forwards as evidenced by Murphy's sustained presence. Why are we talking about trading Rachele?

Its nothing to do with his quality. It was an idea that he could prove to be more valuable for the building of our list as a trade.

For example lets say North Melbourne immediately offer us Pick pick 2 for Rachele and pick our first pick in this years draft Pick 4. That provides us with a great opportunity to add talent.

St Kilda offers their first pick for Rachele and a future second. This gives us two top 10 picks. Melbourne offer us Oliver outright for that St Kilda pick. Gold Coast accept our future first for Luko and Melbourne accept our third rounder for ANB.

Obviously all hypotheticals. Very bad hypotheticals even. But its really spitballing potential.

Rachele doesnt even have to accept the trade. But he is from Victoria and he could choose to walk out on us in 2029 at the peak of his footy. Offering him a chance to establish himself in Victoria maybe an opportunity he is keen to look at.

Its nothing to do with his quality. It was an idea that he could prove to be more valuable for the building of our list as a trade.

For example lets say North Melbourne immediately offer us Pick pick 2 for Rachele and pick our first pick in this years draft Pick 4. That provides us with a great opportunity to add talent.

St Kilda offers their first pick for Rachele and a future second. This gives us two top 10 picks. Melbourne offer us Oliver outright for that St Kilda pick. Gold Coast accept our future first for Luko and Melbourne accept our third rounder for ANB.

Obviously all hypotheticals. Very bad hypotheticals even. But its really spitballing potential.

Rachele doesnt even have to accept the trade. But he is from Victoria and he could choose to walk out on us in 2029 at the peak of his footy. Offering him a chance to establish himself in Victoria maybe an opportunity he is keen to look at.
Or we just wait until Nicks get sacked? Rachele still had an excellent season despite him confirming Nicks has played him in a new role further up the ground neither in the midfield or forward and having a few poor efforts every handful of games.

Rachele is tracking to be one of the best small forwards in the game. His stats are comparable if not better in his third year than Rankine's 4th year. He's 21 and has the 3rd most score assists for small forwards in the comp.

I wouldn't trade him because nobody will give us what I would consider fair value. It would have to be for a player we wanted, not picks.

Hear me out.

You could do this if you are also okay with losing Soligo.

Milera is almost 6 years older and 80 games experience ahead with serious doubts he'll ever return to anything like his best football after a serios injury

Cummings is 5 years older and 79 games experience and has had recurring quad and several hamstring issues that's seen him hardly play at all this season.. Recurring hamstring injuries are nothing to be sneezed at.

You're entitled to your opinion but I think Nankervis has shown the potential to be better than both when he gets the experience. Looking to the future it's a no brainer even just age and experience wise.

Dylan Grimes had similar issues for much of the earlier part of his career and turned out pretty well. It's not time to draw a line through Cumming yet

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back