List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH … I’m a bit meh on this years rumoured trade targets
Lukosious .. good player, elite disposal. Definite improve .. but could Curtin fill this role, and maybe better?
Cumming. … nice player, probable improve. But is he durable? And he isn’t elite, has had enough time to prove otherwise
Rosas .. would add speed to our forward line and we need that! I think he adds most to the squad. Would be happy with bringing him on board.

In summary, happy to bring any of the above on board but not concerned if we miss out. I just don’t think any are elite talents, and that’s what we need the most!
You could have read out Ginnevan, Chol, d'Ambrosio and Gunston with less enthusiasm last year, but they have made a huge difference, for comparison. Then throw in Watson.

Neal Bullen, Lukosius, Cummings, Rosas, plus Draper or similar, could be am important step.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine what kind of club finishes 15th, drags a finished player to a trigger then drops him and has spuds signed up that they can’t pick **** all in a quality draft?

I’ll give you the answer, a shit club

The management of Smith this year has been an absolute disaster.

Yet another example that Nicks does not communicate with the list management team. Numerous examples have come from previous years - Rowe, Ben Davis were the two big ones - now Smith can be added to the list.

The management of Smith this year has been an absolute disaster.

Yet another example that Nicks does not communicate with the list management team. Numerous examples have come from previous years - Rowe, Ben Davis were the two big ones - now Smith can be added to the list.
bond will probably be the next to add to your list

Yep so the list maths in that situation would be

Senior List

OUT:
Sloane (retired)
McHenry (unsigned)
Gollant (unisgned)
Himmelberg (unisgned)
Bond (unsigned)

IN:
Neal-Bullen
Borlase
Pick 4
Second draft pick (Welsh)
FREE LIST SPOT - this spot would be taken if we retain Bond

Rookie List

OUT:
Parnell (unsigned)
Hamill (unsigned)
Borlase (to senior list)

IN:
T. Murray
FREE LIST SPOT
FREE LIST SPOT

So delisting Bond we'd get three list spots, for a total of six new players. Retaining Bond, we get two list spots for a total of five new players.

I'm assuming

Senior List

OUT:
Sloane (retired)
McHenry (unsigned)
Gollant (unsigned)
Himmelberg (unsigned)
Smith (to rookie list)

IN:
Neal-Bullen
Trade
Trade
Pick 4

Rookie List

OUT:
Parnell (unsigned)
Hamill (unsigned)

IN:
T. Murray
Smith (from main list)

If I'm honest - I'm not happy with that. We should be aiming for a MINIMUM of one other draft pick, considering the state of our list.

I don’t think list management had a choice unfortunately. We don’t know how the games trigger was structured, but Nicks retaining Smith for months longer than he should’ve this year likely played a crucial role in his extension.
To be fair, we can accept his trigger and pay him out for the extra year. We don't have to give him a list spot.

I'm assuming

Senior List

OUT:
Sloane (retired)
McHenry (unsigned)
Gollant (unsigned)
Himmelberg (unsigned)
Smith (to rookie list)

IN:
Neal-Bullen
Trade
Trade
Pick 4

Rookie List

OUT:
Parnell (unsigned)
Hamill (unsigned)

IN:
T. Murray
Smith (from main list)

If I'm honest - I'm not happy with that. We should be aiming for a MINIMUM of one other draft pick, considering the state of our list.
Whats the go with Shoenberg? Any chance he might be delisted or is he contracted?

Ladies and Gentlemen of the BF Community,

How many community members are angry and seriously pissed off with the ineptitude of the Crows organisation this year, and over the past several years? I seriously struggle to think of any other professional organisation who would still employ people for several years of incompetence across the organisation.

There needs to be an independent review undertaken upon every facet of the Adelaide Crows Football Club organisation. There needs to be a motion of no-confidence moved against the Adelaide Crows Football Club Board.
10 - 15 players need to be delisted as a matter of priority.
There needs to be a new coaching regime implemented at the Club.
The Club needs a new recruiting and list management team.

We are all fans and supporters of the Adelaide Crows, and we all want our Crows to win Premierships, and constantly be in premiership contention. We are now at a stage where drastic action is needed to secure the successful future of our footy club.

Fifteen players delisted as a priority? That'll go well.

bond will probably be the next to add to your list

Nope.

Bond is different and selecting him for the last 7 games is exactly what we should have done.

With the season gone - it was great to give him a run to see what he could do at AFL level. Gives the list managers lots more information to decide whether he is worth a contract in 2025 and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH … I’m a bit meh on this years rumoured trade targets
Lukosious .. good player, elite disposal. Definite improve .. but could Curtin fill this role, and maybe better?
Cumming. … nice player, probable improve. But is he durable? And he isn’t elite, has had enough time to prove otherwise
Rosas .. would add speed to our forward line and we need that! I think he adds most to the squad. Would be happy with bringing him on board.

In summary, happy to bring any of the above on board but not concerned if we miss out. I just don’t think any are elite talents, and that’s what we need the most!

Bring in elite talents is rare though.
We need to bring in 3 plug and play types - top 15 in the squad - otherwise we are only looking for “organic growth” of our current list and that means staying essentially where we are for next year and hoping injuries are better, draw works out better and we get a few break outs

Hope is not a strategy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Another big prob is that IMO we should be strongly going after Dodson. Ticks so many boxes. Mad not to. Doesn't look like his cost will be eye watering in terms of draft picks, won't be top 5, top 10 unlikely, somewhere 10-20. South Australian. Looked like going to basketball but fell into our lap. So we need another draft spot.

He certainly hasn’t fallen into our lap. Our chances of getting him are pretty bloody slim as we won’t have a pick in the zone
We probably need Keane to go to Victoria to have any chance

You could have read out Ginnevan, Chol, d'Ambrosio and Gunston with less enthusiasm last year, but they have made a huge difference, for comparison. Then throw in Watson.

Neal Bullen, Lukosius, Cummings, Rosas, plus Draper or similar, could be am important step.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly! We could wait years for a genuine elite talent to come in - they don’t often move

My take is the club isn’t interested in loading the list with more draftees, no matter how strong the draft is. They figure it’s a young list, we’ve got enough young players and they blamed our results on a lack of experience and depth. Nothing to do with coaching.

So they are all in for retaining what experience we have and adding more experienced players. If that means we take pick 4 to the draft and grab Welsh so be it.

There’s no way the club can brush off another poor year in 2025 and they’ll do whatever it takes to move up the ladder. After this draft and trading season the rebuild is over, will it ultimately be successful? Not under Nicks and it with our neglected midfield.

I'm assuming

Senior List

OUT:
Sloane (retired)
McHenry (unsigned)
Gollant (unsigned)
Himmelberg (unsigned)
Smith (to rookie list)

IN:
Neal-Bullen
Trade
Trade
Pick 4

Rookie List

OUT:
Parnell (unsigned)
Hamill (unsigned)

IN:
T. Murray
Smith (from main list)

Uninspiring minimum changes for a 15th placed team.

They still believe in organic growth

If we have the flexibility to put Strachan and Burgess (assuming he is contracted) to the rookie list with Hamill, T Murray and Borlase.

Seems like this is a great draft opportunity to add 3-4 kids and try and fill some of the numerous holes in the list.

OUT:
Sloane (retired)
McHenry (unsigned)
Gollant (unsigned)
Himmelberg (unsigned)
Keane (traded)?

I'm assuming

Senior List

OUT:
Sloane (retired)
McHenry (unsigned)
Gollant (unsigned)
Himmelberg (unsigned)
Smith (to rookie list)

IN:
Neal-Bullen
Trade
Trade
Pick 4

Rookie List

OUT:
Parnell (unsigned)
Hamill (unsigned)

IN:
T. Murray
Smith (from main list)

c burgess is also unsigned from main list

My take is the club isn’t interested in loading the list with more draftees, no matter how strong the draft is. They figure it’s a young list, we’ve got enough young players and they blamed our results on a lack of experience and depth. Nothing to do with coaching.

So they are all in for retaining what experience we have and adding more experienced players. If that means we take pick 4 to the draft and grab Welsh so be it.

There’s no way the club can brush off another poor year in 2025 and they’ll do whatever it takes to move up the ladder. After this draft and trading season the rebuild is over, will it ultimately be successful? Not under Nicks and it with our neglected midfield.
A hypothetical here. Its a strong draft we know that. What if it gets to pick 27 and there are still a bunch of quality players on the board and we field an offer of an f1 for it and change - say a likely mid to late teens f1? If the clubs leading up to our pick all refused and wanted to draft

If it happened, would you want to do a trade. 2 1sts next year + f1 might put us in a position to go after Dyson Sharpe.

I suppose what i am saying is if the right deal came along, would it be worth punting that pick 27 to the following year?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back