List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless we have pick 1 or 2 next year. We won't be getting Sharp.
Getting in a pick 13 now on top of Lukosius in a position of weakness could be good for our growth over the next 2 years.
Pick 4 will be a mid. Add that pick to Soligo, Curtin, Rankine, Edwards, Dowling and maybe Rachele if he develops there should a good starting point of talent to then target established players next year. I.e. Phillipou?

The problem with drafting again next year is the rebuild will be far too slow and we possibly stay on the bottom for too long, and players become disillusioned enough to leave.

I think you could be right about Sharpe but it doesn't always work out that way. Draper was thought to be the first pick 12 months ago. Plenty said Reid was negligent for not trading our first pick this year because we would lose it on our bid for Welsh.

12 months out Port were going to take legal action over our access to Borlase.

Nah, I disagree.

Pick 4 & 22 for Pick 6 & 13 basically net each out out
4 & 22 will get Draper but maybe not Dodson
6 & 13 likely gets us both Draper and Dodson

Don't mind the thinking, as Pick 6 will land an elite mid. Not sure if GC do that deal, but regardless - I'd be surprised if Draper slips that low.

After injury early this year, I reckon he's a big one to watch at the Combine - very well-rounded athlete with a rare blend of speed / endurance / agility. Combine that with the professionalism / leadership traits, consistent exposed SANFL form, and an A+ bottom-age year, he's a pretty safe bet - and those ones usually go pretty high.

Lacks the ceiling of some other prospects and his disposal isn't perfect, but I can see WC swooping at #3 or Melbourne at #5.

I think you could be right about Sharpe but it doesn't always work out that way. Draper was thought to be the first pick 12 months ago. Plenty said Reid was negligent for not trading our first pick this year because we would lose it on our bid for Welsh.

Yes, but if he does slip to 5 or 6 will he really be the player that is going to change our fortunes?
I think we just need to make our list better now.

And then do so again next year via free agency and trade.
We should be clearing out some dead wood next year so should have salary.

yeh and if sharp isnt no 1 by this time next year then there was no rush for him anyway

we cant keep waiting

if we could end up with draper/jagga and trade our F1 into this year and jag lalor much better

i come around to not getting dodson and take another developing ruck with a shit pick

Draper wasn’t thought to be the first pick this time last year 🤔

FOS and Smillie were the main 2

fair enough. going on the goad commentary above you probably right
Rookie Me's Michael Alvaro's notes from Flynn's game on the weekend played in blizzard like conditions.

I'm also reliably informed he's now 204cm on the tape.

#23 Flynn Penry
Ruck | 201cm | 20/04/2006

Stats:
15 disposals, 4 marks, 33 hitouts

Penry showcased terrific craft in the ruck and comfortably won the hitout count with 33. He nullified the athleticism of Tasmania’s talls by posting against them with one arm outstretched and directing his taps, which fed a lively bunch of midfielders. Penry also impacted around the ground by dropping back into handy spots to relieve pressure and displaying outstanding composure with the ball. He was nimble enough to step through traffic and his foot skills were superb, particularly during the first half. The only thing lacking, despite a couple of intercepts, was a strong contested marking influence.

surely we are not going in the same ruck duo next year? The bloke who we dropped this year after a number of poor games can’t be relied on.

This is shocking list management
We should pay out Strachan & find another ruckman.

Sounds like Keane is staying on an extended deal … according to the herald sun boys

So we good for key defenders ( and probably key forwards ) including depth

Other positions need talent and depth
Not confirmed yet but..

AFL trade news, Moneyball: Crows offer Mark Keane long-term deal to fight off Pies interest​

The Pies have been hopeful of poaching Mark Keane away from the Crows in order to make the move to Melbourne, but it may not be as straightforward as they first thought.

t on the headlines from AFL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
unfollow
Adelaide remains confident of keeping defender Mark Keane after improving its offer to stop him from joining Collingwood.
The Magpies were hopeful of poaching Keane - who had one year remaining on his deal at Adelaide - to help Darcy Moore at Collingwood next season.
But the Herald Sun can reveal the Crows have offered Keane, 24, a longer term deal to stay at Adelaide beyond 2025 and believe he is a key part of the club’s future.
The improved offer is tipped to keep him at the South Australian club for at least two more seasons.
An announcement on his future is expected this week.
A decision to stay at Adelaide would be a disappointment for the Magpies who had targeted Keane to return to the club and strengthen the defence.
Keane played at Collingwood in 2020-21 but left to return home to Ireland, before re-igniting his career at Adelaide in 2023.

The 31-gamer has been an important defender at Adelaide this season playing 21 matches for the Crows down back this year.

Collingwood is hunting a backman to help Moore and bolster a defence which was exposed at times in 2024.

The Magpies are set to lose John Noble to Gold Coast and are targeting pick 20 from the Suns in return.

Collingwood could make a move on former Bomber Nick Hind as a potential replacement option, although a decision could wait until the new year in the supplemental selection period.

The Magpies would not have to give anything up to land Hind in the supplemental selection period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Keane is staying on an extended deal … according to the herald sun boys

So we good for key defenders ( and probably key forwards ) including depth

Other positions need talent and depth
So the outs will come from Ned, Parnell, Hamill, Gollant, Himmelberg, maybe Burgess? (+Sloane)

Hope all are gone, at this point (except maybe EH if Burgess is OOC, but even then I'd be happy to let him go if Luko comes)

So the outs will come from Ned, Parnell, Hamill, Gollant, Himmelberg, maybe Burgess? (+Sloane)

Hope all are gone, at this point (except maybe EH if Burgess is OOC, but even then I'd be happy to let him go if Luko comes)
My order of outs would be Sloane, Burgess, Parnell, McHenry, Smith, Gollant, Himmelberg.

How long we've been out of the finals until this point in time is irrelevant. We are still rebuilding and we need to do it properly. There's right and then fast, we failed this rebuild because we wanted to ascend back to competing for finals ASAP. We needed another couple of years down the bottom to build a proper midfield. Time is not of the essence, 2 more years in the bottom few is what we need.
Yep .. you've always been consistent with this and it's a no-brainer

AFL trades 2024: Gold Coast, Jack Lukosius in candid conversations about key forward’s future​

Gold Coast football boss Wayne Campbell says the club is happy for Jack Lukosius to speak with rivals, but the Suns won’t be giving him away for nothing.

Gold Coast football boss Wayne Campbell has confirmed the club is happy for Jack Lukosius to speak with rivals about a possible trade – but only if the price is right.
Lukosius’s future has been a major talking point across the season. His name was first floated as a possible trade target early in the year, when rumours spread that the former No.2 draft pick was unhappy with his new role in defence under Damien Hardwick.

The South Australian soon returned to the forward line and began to rediscover his goalkicking form, including a five-goal haul in the Suns’ stunning romp over Geelong in Darwin.

But the 195cm key forward was dropped late in the season and that reignited speculation he could seek a trade, which was only amplified after news he had met with Adelaide coach Matthew Nicks.

On Tuesday this masthead revealed the Suns were staring down a list squeeze after the AFL rolled back the rookie list concessions that came as part of the 2019 assistance package that helped the club land Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson in that year’s national draft.

With some tough list calls to be made and careful manoeuvring to allow for the arrivals of Daniel Rioli, John Noble and Suns Academy starlet Leo Lombard, dealing Lukosius to a rival club could be in the best interest of both parties.

“Jack is at a really important stage of his career and it’s important for him to know what’s best for his footy as well,” Campbell told this masthead.

“Whilst we want the best for our club we also want what’s best for Jack.

“He’s spoken to a few other clubs – we’re aware of that and we’re OK with him doing that. If he decides that his future is elsewhere, whilst we would be sad we would understand.

“But we also would be more than happy for him to come back and play at the Gold Coast Suns.”

Lukosius is only 12 months removed from a 39-goal season and still has two years to run on his current contract.

Earlier this year, Champion Data rated the 24-year-old as the most efficient kick in the AFL.

His unique skill set has made him a valuable but difficult piece to fit within Damien Hardwick’s puzzle – so much so that last month the Suns coach conceded had not “got the best out of him yet”.

It is a conundrum the Suns are happy to continue trying to solve next season if no suitable offer comes that suits both the club and Lukosius.

“He wants to have a look around and we’re OK for him to have a look around but ultimately there is a business transaction that has to take place as well,” Campbell said.

“It feels like we’re at a reasonable position where it’s a mature discussion between club and player. There are no bridges that cannot be mended.”

Campbell also confirmed that small forward Malcolm Rosas and utility Jy Farrar had been given permission to speak with rival clubs ahead of the trade period.

“They’ve each got a year to go on their contracts and we’ve said to them that they are welcome to have a look around – but again, same as Jack, if it ends up that they remain at the club in 2025, then we’ll get to work and make them better players.”

How long we've been out of the finals until this point in time is irrelevant. We are still rebuilding and we need to do it properly. There's right and then fast, we failed this rebuild because we wanted to ascend back to competing for finals ASAP. We needed another couple of years down the bottom to build a proper midfield. Time is not of the essence, 2 more years in the bottom few is what we need.

That may well be true. But understandably the leaders at the club - particularly coaches - want to keep their jobs, and that won’t happen if we are bottom 4 again next year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Michael Whiting : who would know

Luko : Damien Hardwick has had a look at Jack and the way he plays and doesn’t quite fit the way he wants.

Rosas: Hardwick got a bit annoyed with undisciplined acts , has talent yadah yadah.

Both can come back and work on their games.

IMO wants them gone or list pressure needs relief and he has them as the ones needed to be gone .
If we are dealing for them it should be on our terms.
If a 3-peat premiership coach doesn't rate him, why do we.

If a 3-peat premiership coach doesn't rate him, why do we.
cos he's from WWT home of the crows

to be fair he's looked pretty good against us but thats cos we have been bad.

F2 is freaking fair for a player you dont want and has such a salary

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back