List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems unlikely that Dodson goes before 20.
I wouldn't be too sure about that!

Will Green went at #16 to Sydney last year and Dodson looks to be a superior prospect IMO especially athletically.

Will Green the U18's All Australian ruck in 2023
Alex Dodson the U18's All Australian ruck in 2024.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be too sure about that!

Will Green went at #16 to Sydney last year and Dodson looks to be a superior prospect IMO especially athletically.

Will Green the U18's All Australian ruck in 2023
Alex Dodson the U18's All Australian ruck in 2024.
And Taylor Goad went at 20. If clubs are taking two rucks in the top 20 in one draft, it's pretty obvious that good young rucks are a priority.

I wouldn't put it past Sydney to take him with one of their late 1st round picks
Why on earth would they do that at this point after drafting Will Green last year as their Grundy replacement down the track and Peter Ladhams and Lachlan McAndrew as mature age back up. They also have Hayden McLean who is a competent ruck/forward.

Last edited:
Why on earth would they do that at this point after drafting Will Green last year as their Grundy replacement down the track and Peter Ladhams and Lachlan McAndrew as mature age back up. They also have Hayden McLean who is ruck/forward
agree but would need about pick 13 to get dodson (would slide to 15 at least anyway)

And Taylor Goad went at 20. If clubs are taking two rucks in the top 20 in one draft, it's pretty obvious that good young rucks are a priority.
Watching Taylor Goad in the VFL this season he's a million miles off AFL, actually not that disappointed he was gone before our pick now. Going to be a long slow burn if his 2024 season is an indicator.

Watching Taylor Goad in the VFL this season he's a million miles off AFL, actually not that disappointed he was gone before our pick now. Going to be a long slow burn if his 2024 season is an indicator.
How many draftee age rucks have actually gone on to be AFL ready before the age of 22? Not many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth would they do that at this point after drafting Will Green last year as their Grundy replacement down the track and Peter Ladhams and Lachlan McAndrew as mature age back up. They also have Hayden McLean who is a competent ruck/forward.
Did forget about Green so that’s a good thing.
I reckon GWS also had a good one in their Academy so they should be out also.

How many draftee age rucks have actually gone on to be AFL ready before the age of 22? Not many.
There's ordinary, there's average. there's sub par and then there's Taylor Goad's 2024 VFL games.

Compare his 2024 VFL season with ruck prospects taken after him Lachlan Smith and Mitch Edwards who hardly played with back issues. He was awful in the games I watched.

Did forget about Green so that’s a good thing.
I reckon GWS also had a good one in their Academy so they should be out also.
GWS Academy ruck Logan Smith who has already done way way more than Goad at VFL level?

Michael Whiting : who would know

Luko : Damien Hardwick has had a look at Jack and the way he plays and doesn’t quite fit the way he wants.

Rosas: Hardwick got a bit annoyed with undisciplined acts , has talent yadah yadah.

Both can come back and work on their games.

IMO wants them gone or list pressure needs relief and he has them as the ones needed to be gone .
If we are dealing for them it should be on our terms.
We need to convince Jack and Malcolm first then work from there

There's ordinary, there's average. there's sub par and then there's Taylor Goad's 2024 VFL games.

Compare his 2024 VFL season with ruck prospects taken after him Lachlan Smith and Mitch Edwards who hardly played with back issues. He was awful in the games I watched.
Goad and Barnett really struggling

Logan smith already played multiple better VFL games and he’s only draft eligible this year

With a Basketball background, Taylor Goad was always going to be a slow burn .....and being very quick and mobile as a 207cm player, doesn't help, until he learns how to get the ball

I wouldn't be too worried at 19 YO ....Dean Brogan was 21 when he was "finally" Drafted as a 21 YO

With a Basketball background, Taylor Goad was always going to be a slow burn .....and being very quick and mobile as a 207cm player, doesn't help, until he learns how to get the ball

I wouldn't be too worried at 19 YO ....Dean Brogan was 21 when he was "finally" Drafted as a 21 YO
Of course he has plenty of time but that doesn't change how uncompetitive he was this season in the VFL.

Lachlan Smith was also a good basketballer that converted to football at about the same time as Taylor Goad and drafted later in the same draft.

Michael Whiting : who would know

Luko : Damien Hardwick has had a look at Jack and the way he plays and doesn’t quite fit the way he wants.

Rosas: Hardwick got a bit annoyed with undisciplined acts , has talent yadah yadah.

Both can come back and work on their games.

IMO wants them gone or list pressure needs relief and he has them as the ones needed to be gone .
If we are dealing for them it should be on our terms.
There was the game in Perth recently that the eagles beat GC in

Rosas came on as sub and made 2 crucial fumbles through a bit of panic and not bodylining the ball

They then lost , at the time I thought Hardwick won’t like this and it won’t surprise if he’s pushed out

He does have some good traits so I’m all for trying to get him on the cheap

13 and Luko is not huge, but it’s definitely something to think about
GIF by South Park

We desperately need elite mids. You don't find a lot of those at pick 13.

Lukosious as a player is fine. Happy to have him. BUT he's not going to make us a premiership contender. He's a bonus, but not really a need.
We need top level mids and then more top level mids. We aren't going to be a serious contender with the likes of Berry in the midfield.

Any trade needs to keep that in mind.

Lachlan Smith was also a good basketballer that converted to football at about the same time as Taylor Goad and drafted later in the same draft.

Henry Smith, who we both liked ....has only scored his first AFL game this year ...his 4th year

It takes Ruckmen quite a while ....so most are projects

There was the game in Perth recently that the eagles beat GC in

Rosas came on as sub and made 2 crucial fumbles through a bit of panic and not bodylining the ball

They then lost , at the time I thought Hardwick won’t like this and it won’t surprise if he’s pushed out

He does have some good traits so I’m all for trying to get him on the cheap
Don't disagree

Has all the traits we need ....Rosas would be almost the pick of the bunch IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back